Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Hey, girls! It is quiet in here! We have very noticeable Hearty and Caz shaped holes! :(

Hope you enjoyed your walk, Allie! :hugs:

Boo to packing! LOL Happy 9 Weeks though, Mel! :hugs:

Thanks Meg :) and yes, boo to packing! although I think I hate unpacking even more.....

have a good night everyone

Thanks guys :hugs: It was a very nice walk!

I second the boo to packing! And it is funny how unpacking is worse! I think it's because the trip is over.

Yeah, it's so quiet in here. :( We need to recruit some more disco testers!

I know! :(

Side note: I'm so sick of waiting for a healthy pregnancy that I'd like to scream... then maybe cry a bit... then probably scream some more... then punch something... and end with some more crying! I'M SO TIRED OF THIS! :hissy:

Megg I know how you feel.

I'm feeling like shite today. I picked up an MRSA/Staph type infection when on honeymoon nearly a year ago and it is still playing up now. I come out in boils and they're so painful and sore and I feel absolutely disgusting. I had my last lot of antibiotics in February and thought i'd killed it, but a month ago I had some more boils come up. They've been nothing major so i've been hoping they'll go away but I've given up the ghost now and going back to the Drs. I don't want to go on any more antibiotics whilst TTC though, I got pregnant the month I was on them last and had a MC so i'm terrified it'll happen again.

I'm so clean and shower all the time and never look scruffy or anything so to have boils just makes me feel like a right skank.

Oh, that sounds unpleasant for you! :hugs: I'm sorry, honey! Hopefully they can sort it out for good for you! :(

Hey ladies!

Fran sorry to hear about the boils....I have a friend who also had a really rough time getting rid of them for good. I think the psycological toll was the hardest for her, she really felt repulsed by her body for a long time. I hope you get rid of it soon, and yes do not take antibiotics while ttc. I discussed this in length with my doc last month and he was adamant that women ttc should not take antibiotics.

Megg honey, i feel for you....I like how you differenciate between a bfp and a healthy pregnancy!!!!!! Will we ever be able to relax and just have it easy for once????
Today all my symptoms are gone so i dont have to tell you that stress-o-meter is off the charts...!!!!!!

One antibiotic the doctor can give me is like a cream you put in your nose. The antibiotics he gave me last time were 'safe' for pregnancy but who knows.

Call me cesca too vicky, no one has called me fran since school! Sounds sooo strange, hehe. Everyone calls me cesca, pronounced ches-ka!

Ok cesca!! I love it when people call me bee, cause thats what they called me in high school which i must say were the best years of my life!!

Hey ladies!

Fran sorry to hear about the boils....I have a friend who also had a really rough time getting rid of them for good. I think the psycological toll was the hardest for her, she really felt repulsed by her body for a long time. I hope you get rid of it soon, and yes do not take antibiotics while ttc. I discussed this in length with my doc last month and he was adamant that women ttc should not take antibiotics.

Megg honey, i feel for you....I like how you differenciate between a bfp and a healthy pregnancy!!!!!! Will we ever be able to relax and just have it easy for once????
Today all my symptoms are gone so i dont have to tell you that stress-o-meter is off the charts...!!!!!!

I know... I find it very difficult to "want a BFP"... because I've had 2 of those and I'm no babies richer than I started... just a lot of psychological scarring. So, I definitely differentiate between them HUGELY!

Ah, I do know how scared you must be to have lost your symptoms. I know in the UK, that's a sufficient reason to get a reassurance scan. I don't know if anything like that exists in Greece though! :hugs: I'm sure its just one of those things and they'll be back with a vengeance tonight!

Ahhh se my school days were awful, cesca is much more me now :)

Plus, Cesca has a really nice ring to it! :)

sounds very exotic....and sexy!!!!!

I can get a scan whenever i want, im choosing to fight my way through this without getting a scan every week....If this baby is ok then ill have 9 months of worry, i need to be stronger or else ill drive me, Alex and my doc crazy. And honestly, lets say something is wrong ill find out next week at my schedualed scan anyway right?????

How you holding up meggles????

You make a good point, Vicky! I understand that! Yes, you would find out next week anyway... and everything is going to be fine! I'm still batting 1000, remember?

How am I holding up? I'm not sure I am. I feel like I'm losing my mind. I'm just so angry about it all. :(

Let it out woman!!!! I think we deserve to be angry with all our shit bad luck....I should be so happy that im pregnant but instead im in constant denial at best and definately sure im gonna loose this one the next....

Yesterday at work people were wishing me for my nameday, and this one moron lady who got demoted after she gave birth last year says to me " happy name day Vic, hopefully next year you will have a baby to complete you" i was like thanks ready to walk away but she carries on " come on dont stress im sure youll manage it in the end" Ok so i loose my cool and go " Having a baby is not a personal accomplishment like keeping your job or getting a degree you know????? Its luck and good biology which you personally have no control over so get lost"!!!!!!

Good morning, all!

WOW, vicky, I cannot believe what that lady at work at said to you. :growlmad: I think you said the exact right thing to her! And anyways, it really does annoy me when people act like having a child is an 'accomplishment'. I know a few people who should never have 'accomplished' that and it' s the children that suffer. :nope: It makes it all the more annoying when good parents like you lot :flower: had to suffer mcs... :hugs:
*off of soap box*

Cesca and Megg, :hugs: sorry you're having a rough day!

Well, I better get ready for work. Today was meant to be a day off but the children I'm nannying for got back from vacation early. I bet they'll have that post-holiday grump thing going on but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Fantastic response vicky. I'd hate for someone to say that to me, I think i'd cry.

Vicky - don't worry about the lack of symptoms. I honestly don't think I even have any anymore. I don't even have sore boobs or anything. They come and go, and sometimes you don't even have them at all. I know it's scary to think what it could mean though, but just carry on, as everything is going great with your little bean:)

Hugs to everyone :hugs:

I am thinking today feels more like a Monday.....it's going to be a long day. I ended up moving to the couch around 4 am this morning because OH was annoying me. He likes to sleep diagonally across the bed for some reason now, and it's making me uncomfortable. So I finally had enough of it and went to sleep on the couch for the last 2 hours before I had to get up. I'm telling him that we need to get a king sized bed, because a queen is just not working. I am looking forward to sleeping by myself for the next week and a half.........

Let it out woman!!!! I think we deserve to be angry with all our shit bad luck....I should be so happy that im pregnant but instead im in constant denial at best and definately sure im gonna loose this one the next....

Yesterday at work people were wishing me for my nameday, and this one moron lady who got demoted after she gave birth last year says to me " happy name day Vic, hopefully next year you will have a baby to complete you" i was like thanks ready to walk away but she carries on " come on dont stress im sure youll manage it in the end" Ok so i loose my cool and go " Having a baby is not a personal accomplishment like keeping your job or getting a degree you know????? Its luck and good biology which you personally have no control over so get lost"!!!!!!

I :rofl: at your response, only because its so great to picture you saying it to someone! What a hag to say that to you!!! :growlmad:

I don't know how else to let it out! I've been watching "Obsessed" on A&E... about people with OCD. And, I'm about to sound batshit insane... just a warning. I understand that OCD is crippling and awful to deal with. I understand that the rituals make their lives impossible and are incredibly oppressive to live with. But, I see them go through the rituals and I envy that they have something that makes them feel like they control the outcome of things... even if it takes up most of their lives. I see them doing exposures and "sitting with the anxiety"... and I realize that I ALWAYS sit with the anxiety. My life is just one huge fucking exposure. I sit with the anxiety until it comes down and then start all over again. I have nothing that makes me feel like I'm in control. I have OCD with no rituals... Just a constant, nagging feeling of anxiety! I found myself thinking about whether I could MAKE UP some rituals! That's when I said "OMG! I've actually lost my freaking mind this time!" I mean, I didn't honestly entertain the notion of carrying through with it... but just thinking that it would be better? *sigh* I'm crazy! :(

P.S. Hearty would have a field day with this since she's in mental health care.

Good morning, all!

WOW, vicky, I cannot believe what that lady at work at said to you. :growlmad: I think you said the exact right thing to her! And anyways, it really does annoy me when people act like having a child is an 'accomplishment'. I know a few people who should never have 'accomplished' that and it' s the children that suffer. :nope: It makes it all the more annoying when good parents like you lot :flower: had to suffer mcs... :hugs:
*off of soap box*

Cesca and Megg, :hugs: sorry you're having a rough day!

Well, I better get ready for work. Today was meant to be a day off but the children I'm nannying for got back from vacation early. I bet they'll have that post-holiday grump thing going on but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Say it again, sister! Say it again! :hugs:

Vicky - don't worry about the lack of symptoms. I honestly don't think I even have any anymore. I don't even have sore boobs or anything. They come and go, and sometimes you don't even have them at all. I know it's scary to think what it could mean though, but just carry on, as everything is going great with your little bean:)

Hugs to everyone :hugs:

I am thinking today feels more like a Monday.....it's going to be a long day. I ended up moving to the couch around 4 am this morning because OH was annoying me. He likes to sleep diagonally across the bed for some reason now, and it's making me uncomfortable. So I finally had enough of it and went to sleep on the couch for the last 2 hours before I had to get up. I'm telling him that we need to get a king sized bed, because a queen is just not working. I am looking forward to sleeping by myself for the next week and a half.........

Enjoy your extra bed space! :)

Megg youre not crazy for having these thoughts...I never thought of OCD that way but your reasoning seems very logical to me right now!!!! Hearty are you listening??????? Were loosing it slowly!!!!!!

My New Years resolution this year was to speak up when i think people are being insensitive pricks. Im sure you all have had to deal with clueless people like the one i mentioned earlier. Now before i would look down, take it and go home and have a good cry. Now i never let them get away with it anymore. People should have decency and good manners. I will never tolerate insensitive remarks ever again!!!!! By the way Megg this new stance gives me a crazy power and control trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who needs rituals when there are so many loosers out there to be put in their place!!!!

:rofl: Maybe I should start doing the same? Of course, I imagine with the mouth I've got on me, I'd get hit a lot! LOL

Thanks for not calling me crazy! :hugs: It sounded crazy when I was typing it, tbh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->