Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

oh I am so happy for you Jaymes! Glad to hear everything is going well. Get some rest and make sure you relax!

Meg - I honestly wouldn't even know about a private scan. I have a feeling I would have to go to Edmonton for a private scan, and that is still like 9 hours away. I could probably see if I could get it done in Peace River instead, but then I would still have to drive 4 hours....So as much as I am impatient, I think I will wait the 7 weeks and just drive 1 hour.....I'm so not good at this waiting game, especially since I want to know the gender of the baby (which I really won't know for sure until later anyway, but I want to know NOW!) :)

I'm frozen today! I just want to be at home cuddled up on the couch with a blanket! 6 more hours to go before I can do that :(

Mel, I know it's totally dorky and probably not all that accurate, but I totally did this and plan on doing it at week 10 or whenever it says you can... I found this on another thread.
I found the best baby one was the accurate one for me although they are all just a bit of fun.

If you didn't want to spend so much best baby will send you a free one (just pay postage which is $9.99 to the US or $17.98 (£11.95) to the UK) if you just fill out four questions and then update them with the actual sex you had.

https://www.bestbabygender.com/index.php

I'm not going to do the gender scan for this baby, so we'll just have to wait and see after He is born... :D

Lucy - So sorry AF arrived, I really hoped you would get your BFP for your bday, xxx

Wheres the lovely Cazza? hope your ok chick.xxx

Sorry about AF, Lucy :hugs:.

Jaymes, that's wonderful news. :hugs:

I hope you're warm and cuddled up by now, Mel! :hugs:

Cesca, how are you? Still holding out on testing? Having any symptoms? I have the same things as yesterday--backache, slight cramping. Today I have the addition of my appendix scar hurting, which I specifically remember the time I had a BFP. It might mean Voldemort is near but I'm hoping it means something else! ;)

Yes I'm still holding out testing, I'm very proud of myself :)

That's sooo funny about your Voldemort scar! I have a few scars on my tummy from various laparoscopys/ovarian cyst removal and one of those has been really itchy and annoying this week. Other than that my boobs have been sore on and off, have pretty major cramps (probably AF though) and just weird senses like my taste, hearing has gone weird and my smell. I've also had on/off back pain.

I'm CD28 today and last month AF came overnight between CD28 and CD29 so we'll see tonight. I'm so panicked - I'm trying to remain cool to my husband but I think I will be absolutely gutted if AF hits again.

One thing I have noticed is I'm usually irrationally angry and really teary before AF is due and I'm not at the moment.

Holding out testing until Saturday!

Jaymes thats great news :happydance: so happy for you.

Thanks girls I got a bit of a surprise last night got a call from my hubby who told me to go downstairs which I thought was a bit odd as I was at my parents and he was at home but I did it and he was standing at the bottom of the stairs, he had managed to take a few extra days of so came here early than I was expected so happy to see him need a hug which I got :thumbup:

Well I'm off out for the day taking my niece with my mum and dad to some gardens where they've got a fun day on going to try and wear her out!!!!

Hope all my lovely ladies are having a good day big :hugs: to you all.

OMG Luce, that is the sweetest thing ever.

Allie, I ended up going home from work after lunch. I just felt awful. Think I am coming down with something. I am back at work this morning, but had to stop and get some ginger ale and hoping that helps.

Cesca, I hope that BFP is coming!

Cesca, we have so many of the same symptoms! The scars, off and on boob pain, cramps (though mine are quite mild), back pain...I have had nearly constant back pain and it's really unusual for me. The only other time I've had that was the month I got my BFP. I don't have the symptoms with my senses but I do have a stuffy nose. I"m trying reeeally hard not to get excited but it's difficult when I feel this way. I hate how AF and a BFP can feel so similiar. Urrghh. Anyways good luck for Saturday! I'm going to start testing tomorrow, I think, even though it might only be 9dpo...

Lucy, awww, that is so sweet of your hubby. So cute! Isn't is funny how a few days a part can really make you appreciate your OH? Hope you had fun at the gardens.

Mel, ginger ale works wonders in my opinion...but make sure you get as much rest as you need for you and the baby. Feel better soon!

Cazz, Megg, Sassy and Vicky (and anyone I missed), hope you are well. :hugs:

Good luck with your op today, Sassy.

Thanks Allie....I am hoping this bug doesn't last long.....between an upset stomach, and a growing stomach, I am so uncomfortable! :(

anyone know if you can take pepto bismal while pregnant?

Hello again lovelies!!!!!
Sorry ive been neglecting the forum but this is our holiday month so me and hubby have been taking mini holidays for the past two weeks. We got back today and if all goes well at my scan tomorrow we will be heading off again for a long weekend. I have the most wicked tan, although already at some areas im peeling. I have managed to clear my head and not think of disaster scenarios, im still very nervous about the scan tomorrow but ive decided that stress is a useless emotion since whatever will be will be and theres no matter how i stress i cannot change the outcome.

FX for all you August testers!!!!!

Mel woop woop for reaching 12 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meggles i find the drug test and backround check fascinating....Where are you working the CIA? FBI????

Hello again lovelies!!!!!
Sorry ive been neglecting the forum but this is our holiday month so me and hubby have been taking mini holidays for the past two weeks. We got back today and if all goes well at my scan tomorrow we will be heading off again for a long weekend. I have the most wicked tan, although already at some areas im peeling. I have managed to clear my head and not think of disaster scenarios, im still very nervous about the scan tomorrow but ive decided that stress is a useless emotion since whatever will be will be and theres no matter how i stress i cannot change the outcome.

FX for all you August testers!!!!!

Mel woop woop for reaching 12 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meggles i find the drug test and backround check fascinating....Where are you working the CIA? FBI????

Woohoo for scan! I'm sure all will be well! I've never been wrong yet! :hugs:

I forget that other countries don't do so much drug testing/background checking. Nothing like that... Although, I did work WITH the FBI for a few months back in the day... but not as an agent or anything. LOL

I'm going to work at Caterpillar. They're very protective over their intellectual property. I'll have access to lots of info that would probably be worth a decent bit of money to their competitors. :shrug: I don't think its nearly as top secret as they do though. I guess its their right to protect their corporation as strictly as they want... even if it looks funny to the rest of us. Hell, I already had to sign a non-disclosure agreement! :dohh:

You did some work for the FBI????? Coolio!!
When i was young (cause now im an old hag) i wanted to work in the FBI crime labs, it was one of the reasons i loved chemistry...Now i design construction chemicals....Oh well must see the bright side, i never have to pee in a cup! Oh wait, had to do that every month while ttc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually got called into the clinic this morning to see the Dr - turned out to be nothing.....so I asked him while I was there, and he said to use Maalox as it has lower sodium. He figures the bug will only last 24 hours though, so just to keep drinking lots of fluids. He wanted to listen to the heart beat while I was there, and he had no issues finding it this time.....156 bpm!!!! He said baby was moving around a lot, and just before he said that, I had actually felt something move where the doppler was. So I was happy to hear baby has a strong heart beat, but now I am starting to think it might be a girl....was only 132 bpm 5 weeks ago.....

Meg - our company does drug testing as well, and driver's abstracts.

Vicky - I am so glad to hear that you are doing well and enjoying your holidays. I can't wait to hear all about your scan. Will you post a picture for us?

Hope all you other ladies are having a great day......(wondering how Fergie is making out with the testing?!)

This 2ww stuff is driving me crazy :wacko: lol.....I don't know how many DPO I am, so I started a thread for it and I still don't know..

If you get two pos OPKs, which day is ov day?

Since I got the pos OPK last Sunday and the super pos on Monday, is Tues ov day and Wed 1dpo (putting me at 8 dpo)? Or should I count Mon as ov day?

I'm trying to convince myself I should test tomorrow as I'll be 10dpo but I really don't know.

Thank goodness for Maalox, Mel! Glad you can take something. And yay for a strong hearbeat!

Yeah, vicky, really looking forward to your next scan! :yipee: I'm so happy you're enjoying your month holiday...unheard of here in the US, where my hubby gets 5 days a year. Totally shitty. But we are taking a 4 day weekend ourselves to go somewhere as we've been so stressed but we don't know where to go yet! Where are you headed this weekend?

Mel how did you come to the conclusion that baby is a girl? based on hb??

Allie as meggles would say TEMPING is the only way to be sure what DPO youre at!!!!!!! You will not test tomorrow woman!!!! You will wait till AF is due understand???????????????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->