Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Thanks Vicky! I will try but I don't know if I have the willpower.... :blush:

Allie by law you must take 23 days holiday per year here. I personally save up all my leave (pretty much everyone does this actually) for August. Its unbearable to work when the temp is 40 degrees out, so all Athenians taake the month off. If you take a stroll down central athens during this month its like a ghost town apart from the odd tourist. Even the latter dont stay in Athens but prefer the islands where the weather is more agreeable.

That makes a lot of sense, Vicky. I would do the same! I'd spend August laying on a beach somewhere. :) You really deserve this time, though!

I've just had a load of really stringy CM, almost like EWCM but not clear.

I got this last month before AF arrived :(

Cesca i had this too and turns out i was pregnant. I really think that CM is not the best indicator of pregnancy babe..How are your temps, still high???

I don't temp sadly. But I am about 13DPO, AF due either tonight or tomorrow...

Vicky - yeah it's just a wives tale...they say if it is under 140 bpm it's a boy, and over is a girl. For some people it holds true, and others not. So I guess I just have to wait 7 more freakin weeks to find out!

Allie - that really sucks...5 days?! I get 28 days off a year, plus stat holidays. Once I reach 10 years of service (3 more years) I get another 5 days added on there. I still find that isn't enough for me.

Cesca - I really hope AF doesn't come!

Mel thats lovely to hear glad baby is doing well and has a good strong heartbeat.

Vicky glad your taking it easy and having time with hubby just what you need good luck with your scan let us know how it goes.

Cesca hope AF isn't on its way :hugs:

Allie I would hold of testing for a few more days if you can.

Well I have more news I could be an auntie again by this time tomorrow my SIL who was due 3 days after what would of been my due date is now in labour, her water broke 2 days ago but baby was ok so they were keeping him in as long as possible but today she started to have contractions and is now in hospital so my little nephew will be 8 weeks early but he seems to be ok so fingers crossed everything will be alright.

:hugs:

Praying that everything is ok with your nephew. And Congratulations on being an auntie again :) (It might be tough, but we are here for you if you need to talk, cry, or whatever) :hugs:

Praying for your nephew's safe arrival, Lucy! I know it must bring about mixed feelings, and congrtats on becoming an auntie! :hugs:

You did some work for the FBI????? Coolio!!
When i was young (cause now im an old hag) i wanted to work in the FBI crime labs, it was one of the reasons i loved chemistry...Now i design construction chemicals....Oh well must see the bright side, i never have to pee in a cup! Oh wait, had to do that every month while ttc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well... Not really did work for them. I was part of an internet group that aimed to keep pedophiles away from children whilst on the internet. One part of the program was called "Human Shield"... We would pose as children in chat rooms and occupy the creeps so they wouldn't be talking to real kids. Keep in mind, we didn't come on to them or anything... We just allowed them to say vile things to us so that no real child was subjected to it... Taking an e-bullet for a real child somewhere, iykwim? Well, certain things being said can't go unreported... and one guy claimed that he'd actually "taught" (his words) a few other young girls... sexually. So, true or not... I couldn't NOT report it. I took it to my local police, but I was pretending to be from a different county. So, it was out of their jurisdiction. He had shown me his face (and other things I prefer not to think about), and I had his phone #. In fact, I had spoken to him for about 2 min to be sure he wasn't just some 14 yr old playing around. He wasn't... He was in his 50's! :sick: Anyway, he wanted to meet "me"... and so it was sent to the FBI's Internet Crimes Against Children dept. For a few weeks, they would just show up at my apartment and make me go into character to talk to him. They didn't feel they could adequately keep up my persona like I could. So, eventually, we set up the meeting, he showed up, he went to prison! :yipee: He was SO vile! The chatlogs would make you vomit. The FBI agent wanted to a few times! :(

I actually got called into the clinic this morning to see the Dr - turned out to be nothing.....so I asked him while I was there, and he said to use Maalox as it has lower sodium. He figures the bug will only last 24 hours though, so just to keep drinking lots of fluids. He wanted to listen to the heart beat while I was there, and he had no issues finding it this time.....156 bpm!!!! He said baby was moving around a lot, and just before he said that, I had actually felt something move where the doppler was. So I was happy to hear baby has a strong heart beat, but now I am starting to think it might be a girl....was only 132 bpm 5 weeks ago.....

Meg - our company does drug testing as well, and driver's abstracts.

Vicky - I am so glad to hear that you are doing well and enjoying your holidays. I can't wait to hear all about your scan. Will you post a picture for us?

Hope all you other ladies are having a great day......(wondering how Fergie is making out with the testing?!)

Glad its nothing and you have something you can take. What's a driver's abstract?

P.S. Heartbeat theory almost NEVER works!

Thank goodness for Maalox, Mel! Glad you can take something. And yay for a strong hearbeat!

Yeah, vicky, really looking forward to your next scan! :yipee: I'm so happy you're enjoying your month holiday...unheard of here in the US, where my hubby gets 5 days a year. Totally shitty. But we are taking a 4 day weekend ourselves to go somewhere as we've been so stressed but we don't know where to go yet! Where are you headed this weekend?

Ooh! 4 day weekend? Where are you living? That might matter in the realm of where you should go?

Mel how did you come to the conclusion that baby is a girl? based on hb??

Allie as meggles would say TEMPING is the only way to be sure what DPO youre at!!!!!!! You will not test tomorrow woman!!!! You will wait till AF is due understand???????????????

HB >150 = Girl... HB <150 = Boy. It almost never works though. Trust me, I've tried. I can usually tell using placenta theory from the very earliest scan photos though! Only been wrong once!!!

Allie by law you must take 23 days holiday per year here. I personally save up all my leave (pretty much everyone does this actually) for August. Its unbearable to work when the temp is 40 degrees out, so all Athenians taake the month off. If you take a stroll down central athens during this month its like a ghost town apart from the odd tourist. Even the latter dont stay in Athens but prefer the islands where the weather is more agreeable.

"by law you must take 23 days holiday per year"????? WTF?!?!? :shock: I'm fucking moving to Greece! Screw the US!

Vicky - yeah it's just a wives tale...they say if it is under 140 bpm it's a boy, and over is a girl. For some people it holds true, and others not. So I guess I just have to wait 7 more freakin weeks to find out!

Allie - that really sucks...5 days?! I get 28 days off a year, plus stat holidays. Once I reach 10 years of service (3 more years) I get another 5 days added on there. I still find that isn't enough for me.

Cesca - I really hope AF doesn't come!

My husband gets 10... and after 10 years of service, he'll get an extra 5! :roll:

Mel thats lovely to hear glad baby is doing well and has a good strong heartbeat.

Vicky glad your taking it easy and having time with hubby just what you need good luck with your scan let us know how it goes.

Cesca hope AF isn't on its way :hugs:

Allie I would hold of testing for a few more days if you can.

Well I have more news I could be an auntie again by this time tomorrow my SIL who was due 3 days after what would of been my due date is now in labour, her water broke 2 days ago but baby was ok so they were keeping him in as long as possible but today she started to have contractions and is now in hospital so my little nephew will be 8 weeks early but he seems to be ok so fingers crossed everything will be alright.

:hugs:

Aww... I'm sure that's awesome and hard at the same time! I'm sorry, sweetie! But, a big congrats too! Keeping you all in my thoughts! Hoping all is fine!

AFM... My temp nose-dived today! Like... a lot!

OK,OK... I know I don't post here, but its so unfair that us US girlies don't that kinda vacation. I personally get 4 weeks (20 days) and my hubby only gets a week (5 days) aside from the MAJOR holidays! We need to take it to congress!

I agree! And, you can post here... Its fine! We like new people! <3

Silly, I know I can post here. I'm just generally a shy person... (that and no one really responds to what I have to say).

Meg - a driver's abstract is just a record from the DMV that lists your driving history...any accidents, traffic tickets and such......Since we work on plant site out of Town, we are provided company vehicles to drive in (we pool together), and so if we have a dangerous record, we will not be allowed to drive the company vehicles.

OK,OK... I know I don't post here, but its so unfair that us US girlies don't that kinda vacation. I personally get 4 weeks (20 days) and my hubby only gets a week (5 days) aside from the MAJOR holidays! We need to take it to congress!

I agree! I used up all 2 of my pto days on my mc in March! And we totally like new girls!

Megg, what you did for the FBI was awesome and very commendable. What a creep...and to think he might still be out there if it wasn't for you!

Hi Dazed! :wave: I joined this group (while it was in a different thread) a few months ago once it was already going haha. I just started posting like I was already part of the group....luckily everyone was so nice and welcoming! :)

Yeah, we really get shafted here in the US on vacation days. I get ZERO (except government holidays) since I'm a 9 month contracted employee. Apparently my 3 unpaid months are vacation. :roll:

Silly, I know I can post here. I'm just generally a shy person... (that and no one really responds to what I have to say).

We're going to have to get you over that shy bit! :hugs:

Meg - a driver's abstract is just a record from the DMV that lists your driving history...any accidents, traffic tickets and such......Since we work on plant site out of Town, we are provided company vehicles to drive in (we pool together), and so if we have a dangerous record, we will not be allowed to drive the company vehicles.

Ohh! Makes sense! We can't have had anything negative in our past. Nothing that makes them doubt our trustworthiness. :roll:

Megg, what you did for the FBI was awesome and very commendable. What a creep...and to think he might still be out there if it wasn't for you!

Hi Dazed! :wave: I joined this group (while it was in a different thread) a few months ago once it was already going haha. I just started posting like I was already part of the group....luckily everyone was so nice and welcoming! :)

Yeah, we really get shafted here in the US on vacation days. I get ZERO (except government holidays) since I'm a 9 month contracted employee. Apparently my 3 unpaid months are vacation. :roll:

Thanks, hun... Unfortunately, he'll be back out soon. However, I think 7 years in prison probably taught him some sort of lesson!

Aww... I got to go on unpaid vacation from Dec 2008 until next week! So sweet! :dohh:

Wow Megg well done! My friend's fiance works for a similar unit over here in England (she was on the telly actually when they did a documentary about their work) and she said it is so so difficult. She's on the side where they have to scrawl the internet looking for pictures :sick:

AF didn't show herself overnight, keep your fingers crossed for me girls!! I woke up feeling sick as anything but I think it's nerves because I don't want AF to come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->