Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Good for you taking the week off, Vic! :hugs: I'm sure it'll be fine! :winkwink:

yah, another canadian, lol! Yes, I had my mc in May, and I managed to conceive again right after. My HCG level was already down to 8 the day of the mc, so it didn't really take any time to get back to normal. I used OPK's everyday so I could find out when I was ovulating, and then I was shocked when I got my BFP. Did not think it would happen so soon again. I would suggest testing with the OPK's just so you know if and when you are ovulating. Did you know what your HCG level was when you mc'd?

My HCG level was at 85 when I mc'd. 3 days later I had another blood test to measure HCG levels and I am still waiting to find out the results from that. I am hoping it dropped down quite a bit so that I will ovulate this month. Think I'll use the OPK's this month starting today just in case.

yah, another canadian, lol! Yes, I had my mc in May, and I managed to conceive again right after. My HCG level was already down to 8 the day of the mc, so it didn't really take any time to get back to normal. I used OPK's everyday so I could find out when I was ovulating, and then I was shocked when I got my BFP. Did not think it would happen so soon again. I would suggest testing with the OPK's just so you know if and when you are ovulating. Did you know what your HCG level was when you mc'd?

My HCG level was at 85 when I mc'd. 3 days later I had another blood test to measure HCG levels and I am still waiting to find out the results from that. I am hoping it dropped down quite a bit so that I will ovulate this month. Think I'll use the OPK's this month starting today just in case.

Find out your level first. Otherwise, you're just going to be wasting the OPK's. If your levels are even close to that high still, then you'll be getting all positives, as they pick up HCG as well. :hugs:

Yogi - I hope it is dropping quickly for you. No idea how quick it is supposed to drop, but once you are at 5, then that is non pregnant status anymore. So once you get down to there, then you should start ovulating in about 2 weeks.

This is the first time in years that i have taken so much time off work....Even after both my losses i was in 2 days later....Im just so sick of that place!!! Although i love my job in the lab there is so much drama due to 95% of the staff being female. Seriously women are so bitchy and when they are trying to move up at work they are killers!!! Im not very competative as a person and i honestly believe in teamwork and delegating. Most of the whores in there though are so cut throat its not funny. Two women have been demoted after intense sabotage (one of them divorced with two kids getting zero financial support from her ex) and one was fired at the age of 45 basically fucking up her career for good.
Because im the Big Boss's favorite i have been targeted lately which i dont know how to deal with cause ive never had to deal with such backstabbing. Also the fact that the last 3 months i have been focusing on ttc more than work made me an easy target. I honestly dont know what to expect when i go back next week!!
Sorry for the irrelevant post!!!

oh Vicky, that is awful! Women really do suck to work with. My group has 9 other women in it, and we finally tolerate each other at work, because we have to. I would rather work with men anyday.

I hope they don't cause you any stress when you go back to work!

Ahh Vicky that souds awful, must be nice to be ya bosses favorite though!

I work with mostly all men, proberly about 20 in my whole company yet the 1 woman I work pisses me off more than all the men put together, I totally agree women at work are total bitches, I hate this woman more than anything, cant wait to see her tomorrow NOT!!! I love working with men though, apart from the perving and eating all the cakes!!!

Yogi, it took me 8 weeks to get my period after my first mc. It took me 7 weeks to get it after my second mc. I got my period for that one and still had level 7 hcg a week after my period. It took me 5 weeks to get my period after this loss. I had a level 15 after 3 weeks and got my period 2 weeks later. I honestly don't think I ovulated for any of these cycles. I didn't bother with OPKs or temping because I know that your body can give you false readings right after a mc. I don't want to dash your hopes, but just want to remind you that you might not ovulate this cycle. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this.

Vicky, I'm psyched you are taking time off. If you need me to come to Greece to slap those bitches, just say the word. I hope everything is ok with your scan tomorrow. You seem to be moving in the right direction, so I'm sure it will be ok.

Find out your level first. Otherwise, you're just going to be wasting the OPK's. If your levels are even close to that high still, then you'll be getting all positives, as they pick up HCG as well. :hugs:

Yogi - I hope it is dropping quickly for you. No idea how quick it is supposed to drop, but once you are at 5, then that is non pregnant status anymore. So once you get down to there, then you should start ovulating in about 2 weeks.

Just got my blood test results from last Thursday, Aug 19...they were down to 29 compared to 85 on Monday, Aug 16. I am new to this so is that considered dropping quickly? I am thinking that today being 4 days later it would be down even more, possibly to 5 or less.

Thanks for your help ladies, I know we aren't doctors but your advice is appreciated!

Thats fab news Yogi, I would think by next week your levels will almost definately be below 5. As Hearty said you dont always ovulate after M/C, fingers crossed your cycle gets back to normal asap.xxx

Isnt it funny how we women can be so supportive like we are here and maybe considered total bitches somewhere else???

Anyhoo...Ill be honest with you gals, i just cant picture myself holding my baby so i have been very depressed that something will go wrong again and thats why...Crazy i know since i have no esp that im aware of or else i would picture the winning lotto numbers as well!!! I just cant bring myself to be opimistic! I mean i compare myself to Mel and i see how confident you are and i just cant get there!!!!!

oh Vicky, I don't think I am as confident as I let on. I'm freaked out for sure, and it scares me knowing that I will never be safe until I actually hold my baby, but I am just trying to get through each week. Going to the doctor every 2-3 weeks and hearing the babies heartbeat helps me.

Vicky pleased you've taken time of work and sorry you work with women like that, women can be the worst people to work with sometimes.

Your bound to feel the way you do its totally understandable its a case of expect the worse but hope for the best and you do need to be hopefully as hard as it is. Hope all goes well tomorrow will be thinking of you :hugs:

Sassy I think Cazza said she may step a way for a little bit but would be back I hope shes alright and miss her as well hugs if your reading this sweetie. :hugs:

Allie sorry the :witch: got you it sucks at least you can now move on to this month fingers crossed for lots of BFP!!

Thank you everyone! Quick cycle question....today (as usual at the beginning of AF for me) I just had spotting and blood when I wiped--does this count as CD1 or should I wait until it's heavy for CD1? I've read conflicting info.

Vicky, hooray for one less week with the bitches at work. As for feeling the way you do... Everyone seems to be spot on...you expect the worst and hope for the best after a mc as a coping mechanism and it's totally normal, but it does NOT mean something is actually more likely to be wrong with the prengnancy than if you were optimistic! It just means our views are skewed thanks to having a mc. I'm confident things will go well. Good luck tomorrow.

Yogi, that's great news. Hopefully your levels drop to zero quicky!

:hugs: to all. I'm consoling my non-pregnant self with my weekend shopping. I don't drink at all so I really do rely on retail therapy lol. I had Alex wear my new skinny jeans tonight to help break them in. What a gent :haha:

Allie, what color is the blood? If it is brown, it is old blood, perhaps from your last cycle. I wouldn't count that as day one. I've also read conflicting info. For me, if it is only when I wipe, I don't count it as day one. If there is red blood that is scant but that I need a panty liner for, I'll call it day one. My cycles usually start light on the first day and then get heavier the second and third day. I'll only count day one when it is red and when it is more than just when I wipe. Honestly, the difference of a day doesn't matter too much.

Ummm...I think i need to see a picture of Alex in your skinny jeans. That is a fantastic man you have!

BTW, does anyone have any tips on using the CBFM? I just bought one and don't feel like reading the instructions.

Thanks hearty! It is red blood but only when I wipe, so I think I will wait until tomorrow to count it. My cycles are like yours and get heavier the second and third day. I never knew which day to count as CD1, though.

I know absolutely nothing about CBFMs other than they're expensive. :haha: But apparently very reliable so I think it's a great investment and good luck!

I had to peel my jeans off of Alex while he laid on the couch so I doubt I'll get him back in them for a photo. Darn, lol!

I'm not sure Allie, I always come on my period with a bang (or gush) so never have that concerned. But I agree with hearty on the brown blood thing. I'm so sorry AF came for you too.

Vicky please don't worry - it is your time xx

Allie, what color is the blood? If it is brown, it is old blood, perhaps from your last cycle. I wouldn't count that as day one. I've also read conflicting info. For me, if it is only when I wipe, I don't count it as day one. If there is red blood that is scant but that I need a panty liner for, I'll call it day one. My cycles usually start light on the first day and then get heavier the second and third day. I'll only count day one when it is red and when it is more than just when I wipe. Honestly, the difference of a day doesn't matter too much.

Ummm...I think i need to see a picture of Alex in your skinny jeans. That is a fantastic man you have!

BTW, does anyone have any tips on using the CBFM? I just bought one and don't feel like reading the instructions.

I know about everything there is to know about our little white friend... What would you like to know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->