Disney style theme park in the uk to be built :D

Sounds fab, it will be under an hour from us too. Just wish that it wasn't going to take so long. :)

I can't say I'm too excited.
They say it will 'rival Disneyland Paris', but I've got the feeling it's only in size. What has paramount got to offer, really? Can you name a few paramount characters that you'd like to see rides based on / see walking around the park? Paramount is also focused on a much older audience in their movies, so I can't see it be all that child friendly.

I've got the feeling it will be more like Six Flags / Alton Towers than Disney.
On top of that, they haven't even gotten to the planning permission stage yet. Chances are high it will fall through all together or be no-way near what they're planning for right now.

I can't say I'm too excited.
They say it will 'rival Disneyland Paris', but I've got the feeling it's only in size. What has paramount got to offer, really? Can you name a few paramount characters that you'd like to see rides based on / see walking around the park? Paramount is also focused on a much older audience in their movies, so I can't see it be all that child friendly.

I've got the feeling it will be more like Six Flags / Alton Towers than Disney.
On top of that, they haven't even gotten to the planning permission stage yet. Chances are high it will fall through all together or be no-way near what they're planning for right now.

^^ lol I agree x :flower:

I'm going to look a real bah-humbug here but I'm not too excited about this. We don't have the weather in this country for a Disney theme park. People who holiday in Disney world Florida/California yes - you have glorious weather and it's a real holiday. They had doubts over building a Disneland in Paris because of the French weather, and the weather here is even worse. For 4 months of the year the park would be completely redundant and not making any money - just seems daft? Unless it's going to be more of an Oakwood/Alton Towers type thing, which people would just go on for a day trip in all weathers. But if that's the case then I'm really not excited lol Give me sunny Florida and Disney World with all the classic Disney characters any day!
xx

Another one in the south. :*(
I sometimes think people forget northern england even exists.

oh i live in Whitstable so not to far away! x

I think it is because of the ease to get to from Europe, only two hours from Paris. Although admittedly only 17 minutes on the train from London.

Looking at the pictures it looks like a lot will be inside so the weather shouldnt be too much of a probelm, the wording they use is an entertainment destination. So no doubt doubt about it, it will be different from Disneyland but I think it will be great none the less.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ival-Disneyland-Paris-create-27-000-jobs.html

I saw this in the news yay my baby boy will be 6 by the time this opens what a perfect age!!!!

Disney land Paris was going to be built in rainham Essex on the rainham marshes. Tbh I don't see the point of a water park here when all it does is piss it down. It won't last and make millions in debt.

I thought the waterpark will be indoors?

It is going to be indoors, in one of the papers it says that it will be the biggest indoor waterpark in Europe. :)

Yeah I thought it would be, they wouldnt have to fill the pools otherwise, we could just swim in the rain water :haha:

I wish it was a bit more north!!

:haha:

Ohhhhhh hope it gets the go ahead, LO will be 6 :)

xxxxx

That would be great! Staying in Paris is way too expensive. A quick flight over to England would be much handier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->