Disneyland Paris!

special_kala

love my bugs
Reaction score
River has decided we are going to Disneyland next year and i dont have a clue where to start.

We are going away in august then after that will start saving up for next year.

Ive never booked a holiday abroad :wacko:

My mum always books through a travel agent. I don't think you can get cheaper deals by shopping around with Disney (could be wrong though) x

tbh i wouldnt bother at that age. ide wait until she is 5ish... thats just my opinion though.

but ide go through a travel agent. x

Oh yeah, it didn't click at first your children's ages. It's ridiculously busy at Disney, I certainly wouldn't go with my 4 and 1 year old. X

Oh really? Is there a particularly unpopular time we could go so its not so busy?

I'd ask the travel agent when they would recommend. They do seasonal events so there's always a reason for people to go! Could you maybe sway her with Lego land and wait a couple of years lol? X

You think they'd be too young? We were planning on going in October, before we have to pay for the older one using Eurostar. My sis gets Disney discount though so it potentially would cost us only half. I was soooooo looking forward to it!

You think they'd be too young? We were planning on going in October, before we have to pay for the older one using Eurostar. My sis gets Disney discount though so it potentially would cost us only half. I was soooooo looking forward to it!

Hey there's nothing stopping you going, it will just be extra hard work :) x

Hey there's nothing stopping you going, it will just be extra hard work :) x

I am prepared for hard work! We were only our hols last month and it was a bit of a shock, but fun! I just wanted to to take advantage of staff discount before my sis gets the sack or something :haha:

They wouldn't be too young... We went last November with a just turned 3yr old and a 6 month old, we go a lot (I've been about12 times) both my boys liked it and the 6month old could come on most rides with us! It's fine and I'd say she's the perfect age! There are loads of kids that age and younger that go! x

I'm hoping to take Earl, Edward and the new one in 2 summers time, so Earl will be nearly 6. I too would have no idea where to start but I've been told on numerous occasions by people to shop around, and get quotes for different accommodation on and off park, hire cars etc so you have all the facts before you even talk about booking.

I don't think your kids are too young to go at all, I would almost say the younger they are the more magical it is for them! We went for my daughter's 3rd birthday in April and she enjoyed it so much, the look on her face when she saw Cinderella was just priceless. And she still talks about disneyland most days and remembers more things we did and saw than I do. The only thing I would say is try to avoid going during school holidays because it does get crazy busy and the queues can get soo long. There is a fast pass that allows you to avoid the queuing but it doesn't cover any of the kids' rides so for a family with young kids it's pretty pointless. We booked the whole holiday on the official website and got two days and nights for free as they had a special offer on, I think they have those quite often. I would also recommend staying in one of the hotels in or right outside the park as it makes it easy to go back to the hotel for a quick nap when the kids get tired. And you also get to go into the parks in the morning two hours before it opens for the public, we took advantage of that every day as it meant we got to go to the rides without any queuing really.

^^ WSS!

Our 'routine' was up early for extra magic hours (for Disney hotel guests.. You get to go in the park before the general public), back to the room around lunch sleep for a few hours and then go back about 4pm til closing, the kids handled it really well and I'm sure that nap was a big part why!
We always book directly through Disney and drive there, but iv caught the Eurostar too, both cheaper than flying I think x

You're never too young for Disney, never been to the Paris one so can't help there, The Dibb has a Paris planning board which would help you decide when is best to go xx

We went in May 2011, so Morgan was 7, Naomi-Mae was 5 (almost 6) and Kaysie Blossom just turned 3. They all had an amazing time.

Shop around, generally it is cheaper online.

My advice would be pretty similar to Booth, make sure you stay in a Disney hotel so you can take them back for a nap in the middle of the day as you can get up early and have the time just for Disney hotel guests and you get on loads of rides then as it is quiet but without that nap it would be exhausting for them.

I'd be dubious about going in August, I know a few people that went at the same time and was too hot. Would Oct half term be more feasible, you'd have all the Halloween Parades?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->