Do all HPTs get Evap lines?? (Updated p 4 - retested)

LogansMama

Reaction score
If you let an HPT sit past the time limit, will they all end up with an EVAPORATION line?

I had 2 dollar tree tests. I took one like Tuesday. It was bfn. I didn't want DH to see it so I put it back in the box and "hid" it till I could throw it away later. I forgot about it. Then I took another test Friday morning. Also bfn. Did the same thing with that one.

This morning I went to throw them all away - but decided to look at them both just to see - I was wondering about the EVAP line thing - since I had never noticed one before but so many of you have mentioned them. Anyhow - one test had nothing but the control line. The other one had 2 lines!

Now crazy me is wondering why would ONE have a line and the other not. What would cause it to happen on one test but not the other???

Oh - why would I do this to myself??? :wacko:

So of course now I'm thinking the one I took Friday is a possible +... since it was later in my cycle. Even though I know its just an EVAP line cause I didn't look at it again till 24 hours later.:dohh:

Its just annoying seeing that second line (when it doesn't really count!). I never should have looked! So dumb.

I have gotten an evap line every single time I've used a CVS brand early test...And, I got them within the three minutes!!!

sancarlos - if they were within the time frame - how'd you know they were evap lines and not BFPs?

The Dollar Tree test directions say "The Test is finished when the control line appears" and it says "within 3 minutes". On both my tests the control line showed up right away, but the second line didn't. After 3 min I put them away. Looked again today and one had the second line. AGH.

I use mostly IC's and FRERs. I've had some evaps on the IC's and I have never seen an FRER evap but I have read others that have.

Why don't you test today?

Evaps are grey or silvery. If you can see any trace of colour in it, it's a bfp! good luck x

No, not all. But the Equate brands are INFAMOUS for evap lines!!

Hi all- I didn't know they were evaps at the time (I got pretty excited), but did some research and had a sense that since they had no color to them (they were blue line tests) they might be evaps. That was 3 weeks ago and other tests since then are all negative. To be honest, I don't think I've even started ovulating yet since stopping BCP's. Have been using OPK's at least once per day for the past month and haven't seen anything...

Evaps are grey or silvery. If you can see any trace of colour in it, it's a bfp! good luck x

ARE YOU SERIOUS? The line I saw was VERY VERY pink. Light - but most def PINK. Now I'm freaking. Is that TRUE??? ARE YOU SURE???????

Okay - so I've been googling - and this is what I found - so I'm still skeptical:

https://peeonastick.com/hpt/cautionary.html (Its exactly like what happened to me)

I want to test again.. but I'm trying to follow the advice of "If it wasn't during the time limit, don't count it". If AF doesn't show by tomorrow I'm sure I'll retest. Unless of course I cave in. I'm sooooo tempted to run out to the store right now. I will just feel really dumb when/if AF shows up right after. GRRRRR!

i use the dollar store tests all the time and they have bad evap lines..espcially after the time limit..tho some dont. most dont have color but i have noticed that sometimes it does leave a light pink line afterwords.

last month it even gave me a nice pink line which i posted on here (blurry tho cause my phone cam is crap) and it turned out to be a faulty test...tho i dont get many of those with the dollar tests but they do happen.

I would definitely test again tho! it could be your lucky month ;)

Okay - so I've been googling - and this is what I found - so I'm still skeptical:

https://peeonastick.com/hpt/cautionary.html (Its exactly like what happened to me)

I want to test again.. but I'm trying to follow the advice of "If it wasn't during the time limit, don't count it". If AF doesn't show by tomorrow I'm sure I'll retest. Unless of course I cave in. I'm sooooo tempted to run out to the store right now. I will just feel really dumb when/if AF shows up right after. GRRRRR!

Can you post a piccie? I have never seen an evap with pink colour, and I have seen a lot of tests! :rofl: Personally, with my last pregancy, my first bfps only showed up after the test limit time. I only got a bfp in the time limit about 2-3 days after af was due. I don't want to get your hopes up unintentionally but it does sound like a bfp to me! :hugs:

I'll try to post a pic later... in the meantime though... I'm :wacko:

Okay - Here are 2 pics. One is a close-up.

https://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c237/Strawberry1976/DSCN1114_2_2.jpghttps://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c237/Strawberry1976/DSCN1114.jpg

I'm gonna delete them soon just in case anyone I know should stumble upon my pics. I don't want them to see it and know/think anything just yet!

Its def pink right? And the pics don't even show it very "true to life" color!

Really? I just can't wrap my head around that LOL! Any other time if I were to see 2 lines I'd be all "A LINE IS A LINE IS A LINE IS A BFP" - but in this case - I really can't believe it.

Oh lordy. I have to go get another test before I go nuts. Trying to be patient 1 more day. Its soooo hard though!

:wacko::happydance::wacko:SHUT UP! I've got this big goofy grin right now... I just hope you all aren't getting my hopes up like this only to be let down :dohh: when I re-test.

You all read my first post carefully right? You know it was not + until WAY after the time limit right??? LOL

ALright. The rain stopped. Think I'm gonna walk up to the store and get a FR. I can't take it anymore!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->