Do I need a double buggy ? 3 1/2 year old and baby

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
I'm trying to wean lo off the buggy and unless out for all of the day I don't need it - have a sling for baby but obviously don't know if it will take to it

Personally I wouldn't, Id just get a single for the new baby. I very rarely use the buggy for my 2 year old unless im going clothes shopping or something otherwise I make him walk and hope he will be completely out of it by the time this baby comes he will be a couple months of two.

I started wondering this the other day. Usually my LO (3 1/2 years also) will walk when we go out. I never really take the stroller any more. But recently he has started saying he doesn't want to walk and is tired etc.

But i think we are going to get a travel system with new baby just like we did with Kent. And if he gets really tired when were out and about then we can just un-clip the car seat from the travel system and let LO sit in the pushchair and just carry the car seat. But to be honest, i think once the baby is here he will be more interested in wanting to help push the pushchair than actually be in it.
Have you thought about a buggy board. Might help you LO with not walking but also not being sat in a push chair... :)

No it will just be a waste of money - try a buggy board with single / sling . or a scooter.
Doubles like tractors especially if 3.5 year old doubt she will want to sit in one ..... My 2.2 month old son is now refusing it and they are big and heavy ( even the best made ones no comparison to a single )

Mine will be 25 months apart and we're not getting one. I have a carrier for while baby is little and by the time I might want the pushchair, LO1 won't need it. We've got a buggy board though, just in case.

I'm also wondering this.....I love going for long walks...I'd go for walks now still with my LO....she will walk a good bit herself but if I go far she will want into her pram.

I don't wanna waste money in a double if I don't need it......I was considering buying a second hand phil and teds for these days, otherwise I will mostly use my Icandy apple that was my DD,s

I'm wondering If Icandy do buggy boards?

No way, we went to London for the whole day with my niece and nephew who are 3 and a half and they walked the whole day. Children don't think about walking like we do, if they're busy they don't think oh no I'm tired lol x

Buggy board is the best plan. Even if LO does sit in it it won't be for long and will be a waste of money to buy double buggy. I'd use a buggy board, perhaps if you pick up a cheap double stroller second hand and just use it if you are going out for a long trip? If you are trying to wean him off I wouldn't bother tho, if you have it he will sit in it so no seat, no option!

Depends on the child i say.. our son has always liked the option of going in his buggy I find its good for when he's tired depends how far you walk and where and at what time. Eg if we walk back from friends in the evening just before his bedtime he's tired wants buggy.. also after preschool he wants a sit down not walk. I asked him also his preference when baby comes and he choose double buggy I expect it would upset him if I didn't give him option as new baby has. He's 3.5 yrs now. I say ask your little one and see how you feel too, depends on what type of child your little one is.. We got the city mini jogger double and I have an obaby one too. I don't want to enforce walking on my son when he's not evidencing to me he's ready to let go of buggy completely. i bought second hand in case we only use for a short time
Good luck!

I would say buggy board too.

My LOs are 4 and a bit and 2 and a bit and baby is due at the end of the month and we have a single with a buggy board. We do have a lightweight pushchair if I am going out with DH on a long day for DS but they both like to walk.
I would start taking LO out on walks with no purpose (no need to rush etc).. it is amazing how quickly they can up how far they walk.

xXx

I have a 4 year old and we are getting a stroller we can attatch a buggy board to for him. I take public transit every where and there is still times I end up Carrying him during errands so we felt we still needed the option to give him a ride :)

I think a buggy board would be great too. We have the p&t so it is a double stroller so my 2 year old can sit if needs be but i will keep a wrap along for long tripsin case i need to wear the baby and push the 4&2 year olds

Any of you tried a buggy board? I have one and find it v uncomfortable to push.. Keeps getting in way of my feet :) any tips? I tie it up to buggy when not in use

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->