Do I need anything else?

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
I've got some spare cash (amazing considering the time of year! lol :wacko:) so I decided to go onto ebay and get my 'equipment' for when we wean in a few months.

I have bought:

2 x beakers with handles
3 x weaning bowls
8 x food pots for the freezer
10 x weaning spoons

I also bought some spoons in the shape of aeroplanes but they're more for hubby lol. :blush:

I have loads of bibs, and will obviously need a highchair. I think I may also get a plate for when he has finger food. I have a blender and we're going to buy a food processer in the new year as well. I am going to get a recipe book (see my other thread as I am open to recommendations). I'm not sure whether or not we're going to try BLW - I would really like to though so is there anything special I need for this?

Thanks ladies, now that Earl seems to have settled down a little with his eating, i'm not panicking quite so much and can now think about nice things again, like the fun we're going to have with food! :happydance:

If you go for BLW you probably won't need the freezer pots, or bowls really, they tend to just get thrown!
A splash mat is probably a good idea, Asda do them at a good price, don't buy mothercare's rip off ones! However I don't bother with one because I find our wooden floor is just as easy to clean.
If you've spare cash then I'd say the Gill Rapley book 'Baby Led Weaning' is prob a good investment. It's about £10. Then you can really know your stuff before deciding which route to go down!
With the highchair, if you're considering BLW I would say either get a chair that is height adjustable, or get one that pulls right up to your dining table, so LO is at a comfortable height to reach food.

I have found the Dustbuster hand held hoover has been a godsend!! Saves lugging the Hoover out 3 times a day lol!!!

Thanks for that! :thumbup:

The stuff I've bought was really cheap (i'm a bit of an ebay fiend! lol) so I thought it best to have these things in just in case. I think the whole lot has cost be £15 including postage which for a 'just in case' set isn't bad considerng the same set in Mothercare or the like would be around £30!!

Highchairs.....I am going to do some shopping around as there seems to be a baffling array. I would like one that reclines so that he can come to table as soon as possible and get used to 'mealtimes' iykwim.

I will get that book as soon as I can I think.....give me some good bedtime reading material! :dohh:

Thanks again x

Highchairs.....I am going to do some shopping around as there seems to be a baffling array. iykwim.

Tell me about it, it's a nightmare trying to find the right one because some seem to be great for one baby and no good for the next! Good luck :)

Agree with what Claire said for the BLW equipment. If you go down the puree route though and want to make it yourself you'll need way more than 8 freezer pots!

Agree with what Claire said for the BLW equipment. If you go down the puree route though and want to make it yourself you'll need way more than 8 freezer pots!

Oh I know....I'll keep buying more as I go along (I have a feeling that a combo route may be best for earl.....both hubby and I are foodies lol) and I'm definitely going to be making my own....I never trust a jar, even for us! lol

I use a hand blender for making puree's, £5 in asda and its brilliant!! Small, easy to use, just use it with a pyrex jug and there you go :) its must easier and minimal washing up after that! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->