Do pregnancy symptoms come and go?

Thanks Everyone! this has been a wonderfully reassuring post!

Just came across this because I was freaking out today, very reassuring. I'm 5w5d and for the past two days have felt normal after spending the weekend on the couch with nausea and fatigue. Last year I had a missed miscarriage. I went in for my 8wk appt. to find it not a viable pregnancy. The doctor said it didn't appear to have made it past 5 wks. I do remember that at about 5.5wks I stopped "feeling" pregnant last time too, but I thought I was just one of the lucky ones with no symptoms. So, you can see why I'm freaking! The next 2.5 wks until my doc appt are going to be excruciating...

Just came across this because I was freaking out today, very reassuring. I'm 5w5d and for the past two days have felt normal after spending the weekend on the couch with nausea and fatigue. Last year I had a missed miscarriage. I went in for my 8wk appt. to find it not a viable pregnancy. The doctor said it didn't appear to have made it past 5 wks. I do remember that at about 5.5wks I stopped "feeling" pregnant last time too, but I thought I was just one of the lucky ones with no symptoms. So, you can see why I'm freaking! The next 2.5 wks until my doc appt are going to be excruciating...

Don't worry mine were off and on all the time in the first trimester. You get used to if after awhile ;) ...lol

All my symptoms (except the sore boobs they are always there) come and go. They also change. For a while I had ms in the morning. Then I had it all day for a while. Then it went away for a week. Now I just have it at night. I can never predict how I will feel on any given day.

I had hardly any pregnancy symptoms at all ! I'm now 11 weeks and only just starting to get sick ! , I guess we can count ourselves as some of the lucky ones. Already had an early scan at epu and baby was fine.

I wouldn't worry , just relax and enjoy it :)

Thought I would bump this. I have the same anxiety (previous miscarriage, come and go symptoms, mild cramping). I don't feel the same a I did not last time I miscarried but I don't know what normal is since the only time I was pregnant, I miscarried. I am trying to ride it out until the first scan but it is hard.

Hang in there! I felt more symptoms with the baby I miscarried compared to the baby I just had three months ago. My symptoms DEFINITELY came and went and it scared me quite a bit.. its very true symptoms or lack thereof don't mean anything! :flower:

Thank you for the encouragement. It can be a bit taxing on the heart.

So happy to see this thread!! I have been worrying as mine disappear for 3 or so days and then come back full force only to disappear again...The most consistent are fatigue and irritability. The tender breasts and sickness seem to come and go quite a bit. My nipples are always a little tender but that fluctuates, too! This is my first pregnancy after a long and hard road TTC, and I'm very early still, only 5.5 weeks or so, so I've been very nervous! My MS was pretty strong and consistent for about a week or so...it's been spotty since then. I don't know if I'm just managing it better.

Great thread.....I feel so much better reading this. :dohh:
Miscarriage steals your joy when you become pregnant again.....

I originally posted in this thread over a year ago with my last baby. I'm pregnant again and literally have felt almost NOTHING short of maybe 5-6 times of slight queaziness & everything is great!!! I PROMISE symptoms mean nothing!! :hugs:

Does it matter that my symptoms seemed to feel stronger earlier on?? They still come and go but for some reason it feels like thy were more intense earlier on, though it could be all in my head. My 6w scan is in one week and I'm sooo nervous!!

Not at all.. I felt that way in my last pregnancy- and then I was 7w0d going in for an u/s and felt FINE, I was soooo sure it was all over ... but nope!

No worries hun!!! :flower:

Thank you!! It's so crazy how my assurance about this pregnancy changes on a daily basis! I totally thought it would be all rainbows and unicorns from the second I got a BFP to the second my baby was born and beyond! Anyway, that is very reassuring!

I know what you mean- I questioned EVERYDAY my symptoms last pregnancy as I had a miscarriage 2 months before conceiving him which made me ABSOLUTELY paranoid! The worry will still be there honestly.. it was for me anyway-- BUT, I promise it will get better with time and with each hurdle that you pass!

I still can't BELIEVE I am preggo right now with how little I've felt tbh. :shrug: But I am and all is great~ I find out the sex of this LO Thursday!

just try and take it ONE day at a time and don't let your symptoms rule your faith in the pregnancy! :hugs:

Wow...it's all just such a mystery!! I haven't had any mcs that I know of but the cycle I got a BFP was the cycle I had a lap to remove very severe endo and our 14th month trying. It makes total sense to me that we finally got our BFP with everything my doc cleared out and worked on, but it's definitely been difficult to adjust to this new, totally positive outcome and I have felt kind of guilty that I am not enjoying every second because of worrying when the symptoms go! Still, my husband is very level-headed and constantly says that if there's no blood and no severe cramps there is no reason to jump to conclusions. My first three bloods were great and I was already having shifting symptoms, so I suppose that's a good sign!!

Congrats on this pregnancy!! I bet you're soooo excited to find out the sex :) Do you have boy and girl names picked out?

I give you credit after 14 cycles.. I think wanting it SO BAD makes you want to hold on even tighter thinking it helps control the situation but in reality it doesn't. ((sigh)) That's good your hubby is pretty level headed. Mine is as well, thank goodness! He was worried about me when I got preggo this time bc of how nervous I was the last time.

that's a GREAT sign your b/w came back good! With my mc- that's how I knew it was going to fail- my numbers weren't rising. So- you have that in your favor PLUS any symptoms is just another affirmation of a strong pregnancy! :hugs:

Don't have any names picked out yet... I'm guessing bc I Have 2 boys already, that I'll have another boy, lol.. but we shall see!!!! I'm counting down until Thursday morning! :haha:

YES the blood work really eased my mind, and then immediately I thought, 'Oh no, my levels doubled in 30 hours, is that too fast and will I have a molar?' :wacko: I think that my mind is just so used to disappointment that it is taking every opportunity to panic, but you're right--we really can't control these things! And my docs said the blood work looked great, so now it's time to trust them. :)

Hi girls, I am the OP for this thread (way back in 2008) and as you can see from my tickers all was well! :thumbup: I had few symptoms in both my pg's and the few symptoms I had would definitly come and go abit. I think especially in the early days i.e. 6/7/8 weeks.

Congrats and happy and healthy pg's to you both :happydance::kiss:

Thank you!! I think I need to hear or read that every day...I was just lamenting that I feel liked mine are gone more than they are here, but in the beginning they seemed to get worse every day! It scares me that they seem to be fading, but honestly I don't know how well I can gauge their intensity from one week to the next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->