Do presents come from you or santa?

Everything from Santa here.

Presents from others get put under the tree as they are given, and are labeled so the girls know who they are from... But it is santa that leaves a huge pile of pressies and fills up stockings :)

In our house everything is from Santa except one gift from Mummy and Daddy, all other girfts from friends and family get wrapped and put under the tree. Usually we do an Christmas eve bag which they know is from us but this year Decs is coming straight from the North pole so even His Christmas Eve gifts are from Santa :)

Stocking presents are from Father Christmas, presents under the tree are from us/family/friends x

In our house santa delivers everything but we pay him for all the presents except one present that will be off santa and will be wrapped in different paper.
I also feel that I don't want my children go think why did others get less or more than them so I say we pay santa as then it's down to the parent why some get mode or less.

All presents are from Santa in our house. As the boys get older we may have the main present from us but at the minute they are a bit too young to understand.

We are also planning to tell the boys that we tell Santa what to buy and send him the pennies. We've kind of already done that this year as we bought one of DS1's presents while he was there and he was still asking for it 3 days later (I was naive enough to think he wouldn't notice or would forget) so we had to tell him we'd sent it to Santa and paid the pennies. Now he tells everyone that his dad and I pay pennies to Santa for presents, it always sounds bad when he says it, I'm not sure why though :haha:

In our house santa delivers everything but we pay him for all the presents except one present that will be off santa and will be wrapped in different paper.
I also feel that I don't want my children go think why did others get less or more than them so I say we pay santa as then it's down to the parent why some get mode or less.

We do exactly the same although for different reasons, we tell the boys we have to send santa money so that they dont think they can have everything they want for free, we tell them santa will chose one gift, usually something small and that will be from him everything else mummy and daddy has to send money for them, we also tell them that we usually send a little bit extra so that santa can chose a few extra little surprises :flower:

Growing up we used to get all from Santa then a special one from Jesus (odd parents)...until one year my Lil sister turned around and asked if mummy didn't love her as she had got her any presents - me as the much older sister found it hilarious, my parents not so much.

The plan was that the stocking and 1 big present will be from Santa - everything else from us. (Although not too sure they pay attention to it from ...more what it is!)

1 from santa the rest from us. Santa cant fit everything in his sleigh. Plus i feel it makes him think about what he really wants.

Upstairs presents (sacks) from Mummy and Daddy and downstairs ones from Father Christmas (usually about 3-4 each). This year he is bringing them a kitchen and accessories.

All of ours say from Santa on the tags, as that's what we have Amelia believe.. However, she knows that they're all currently in the spare room! So we've said that on Christmas Eve, Santa comes and sprinkles his magic on them, because they're just empty boxes at the minute. :haha: A bit of a lame story, but my child is so observant I can't hide anything from her! :dohh: We do get her to tell us what she wants, and then we say to her that we'll tell Santa.

The only thing we've said is from us, is her Christmas Eve box. X

DH and I have agreed that stockings and the biggest gift will be from Father Christmas and the rest will be from us or whoever else gives them. We give Father Christmas money for gifts.

We have one or two presents that they ask for from Santa. One or two presents from their sibling and the rest from mummy and daddy. Plus any family presents are from whoever gets them. OHS mum comes In and says to DS Santa delivered these to my house for you. But iv asked oh to say they are from her. I don't want either kid thinking they can ask for anything and everything and it's all free. Iygwim. I want him to appreciate that people spend time and money picking out special gifts for him.

Most from Santa - including anything extravagant and one from me under the tree.

most of the gifts are from Santa and 1 or two from us.

Presents are from santa however oldest insisted on picking a present for his brother so i will let youngest pick oldest one and will label one thing off me.

We do half and half, mainly as that is what both myself and dh had growing up I think. I have said to daughter father Christmas has to give alot of children gifts so that she has to think about what she really wants to ask for. She hasn't asked for anything stupidly expensive. I think she may have been slightly confused I we did all from Santa due to we will see her cousins and they do half and half to and plus grandparents and aunts and uncles will give her presents seperatly

Hubby and I haven't agreed yet, the past years LO was really too small to really understand so we just didn't say much about it, but now that he is 3 and really understands we're not there yet (I know terrible!). But we both know where each other stand and seem to (we didn't get into it yet lol) respect each other's wishes.

I rather explain Saint Nicholas and everything about Christmas, and he wants our children to grow up with the experience/magic of Santa (which I rather not). It's not easy, and for me especially, since everyone around me has done Santa and will be doing it, so I'm like the freak trying to ruin our children's childhood xD

We're still trying to agree too. I want it to be that Father Christmas just brings the stocking, as that's what I had growing up. My OH thinks all should be from FC, but that we send the money to pay for them. I don't really like this idea, I kind of want him to know that we have thought carefully about what he would enjoy and have gone to the effort to get them for him (which is the truth!), but I do want him to feel the magic of Christmas too, so I'm stuck. Those who do it all from Santa/Father Christmas - do your kids ever question why other family members buy them presents, but you don't?

We have just one from Father Christmas - I have told DD who is older so talked it through a bit more I think we only have another year or so of believing that he is there to make sure that every child gets a least one present for Christmas and he spends all year making them. For me that sums up the magic of it all and goes alongside things like Christmas shoeboxes for children in need that runs as if Santa got all the presents its hard to explain why things like that are needed.

Those who do it all from Santa/Father Christmas - do your kids ever question why other family members buy them presents, but you don't?

When I was a child I asked my mother this and she pointed out that she and my dad bought our Christmas clothes and new pajamas for Christmas Eve, so those were our presents from them. So now that Christmas Eve boxes are a thing, I'm making that be S's present from us. It will have bath stuff, a book, teddy, board game, Christmas movie with snacks and Santa's plate and cup in it.

As for him knowing that all his Santa gifts are the result of a lot of thought and work on our part well he won't know that now but in time he obviously will figure that out and I think that it means more in hindsight. There is nothing more generous than giving a gift and expecting no thanks or credit for it. It's pretty selfless and when I think of all the effort my parents used to go to despite "someone else" getting all credit. I'm overawed by the amazing spirit of ingenuity and generosity they showed, putting our joy and amazement ahead of their own desire for thanks. I just hope I can do the same for my son though as my parents were much poorer than I am, I know their gifts required more from them, than mine for my son do from me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->