Do u have an emergency kit in your car?

babycrazy1706

Mummy to Elijah and TTC
Reaction score
Hi. I've just got my first car and was thinking of putting a little kit in the boot with 'just in case' bits and bobs and for if we break down. Can you give me some ideas. So far I've thought of a blanket. First aid kit. A nappy and wipes. I've got anti bac hand gel in the car already. Any ideas??

I keep a spare set of clothes for my kids- not really for an emergency but in case they ever fall and get muddy, or are sick etc. plus a towel for the same reason (and trust ne- ive needed them- a lot lol) Oh spare dummy too lol ☺️

Loose change? Aa/rac details

I've always kept lose change in my car and my phone car charger/wire. I also have a small notebook in the glove box with a list of numbers, my breakdown company number etc.

Water and maybe a ceral bar type snack.torch

I keep 2 blankets, a wind up torch, a first aid kit, a 2L bottle of cheap water (for the car more than us), a hammer to break the glass and a couple of pairs of gloves x

We have water, a dog bowl, a blanket, poo bags (for dog poo, nappies or me to be sick in!) a first aid kit, spare phone charger, a pen and paper for noting people's insurance details, and a fully packed changing bag for baby. Oh, and a towel, mainly for the dog!

We got stranded on the motorway overnight in the snow in 2010 so I'm overly cautious!

Flashlight, jumper cables, fire extinguisher, tire pressure gage, first aid kit, vacuum.

Torch, wrench, blanket, gallon of water, change, pen and very basic first aid kit as well as at least one nappy and wipes for the boys.

We have:
small first aid kit in each of the cars
Random clothes + coats for the boys
A jump starter in one of the cars (older car)
An 'adventure' kit in the older car, not so much for emergencies but if we have an adventure. Contains pen knife, fire starter, fold up shovel.

boiled sweets and a good old fashioned map :)

Blimey you lot are organised

I have several empty crisp packets, juice cartons again empty, 3-4 lighters that dont work and crumbs, lots and lots of crumbs :blush:

scissors! no one ever keeps them in their car but they are a life saver.
great for cutting seat belts in an accident. cutting clothes off, bandages & all sorts!

first aid kit, change of clothes, wipes, blankets, a map pen & pad.

Blimey you lot are organised

I have several empty crisp packets, juice cartons again empty, 3-4 lighters that dont work and crumbs, lots and lots of crumbs :blush:

I am with you. Okay I do have changes of clothes, but that is more like an extension of the diaper bag than an "emergency kit".

When I drove an older car, I kept extra fluids (oil, coolant/antifreeze, etc), jumper cables, a flashlight, etc. Now I drive a newer car and I don't drive as far (I used to drive nearly an hour to university and then back again) and there is always someone I can call. DH, MIL, FIL, my dad, both my sisters, etc all live nearby and are available to help. I don't go out in snowy/icey weather at all (it's uncommon here so no need). I do carry some first aid stuff in my diaper bag/purse, but not left in the car (meds can get too hot in the car here and it's bad for them).

I drive 500miles a week and ashamed to say I do not have any emergency kit :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->