do you buy your child 18+ games?

COD doesn't glorify violence. It's full of anti-war quotes and tries to show how hideous war can be through a simulator.
The airport scene more or less you had to kill innocent people such as security guards (you COULD kill civilians but you didn't have to)
as a 'greater good' mission but it portrays the action in a completely negative light and has bad repercussions. i don't get why it's so controversial to be honest... things like James Bond glorify violence a lot more making the whole spy scene seem sexy and infinitely cool. When I play COD I always think 'wow I can't believe people are doing this in real life, HUGE respect for the troops out there fighting' and I know the storylines can be dramatized to be slightly absurd but really I don't see how it can damage a teenage boy any more than a war film.

Its not really the content that bothers me as much as the addiction.
We've decided our 12 yr old can have it for the first time, more out of peer pressure than everything. His friends 6 yr old brother plays it which I don't think is appropriate!!
He knows he needs to show responsibilty with it and will not be playing well into the night on it like hisfriends do!!
Saying that, grand theft seems to be worse than cod.
I've heard they pick up hookers on there!?

not until they're 18! theres a reason theres an age rating!!

No way will my LO be playing COD until he's 18+ that game is so so violent!!

COD doesn't glorify violence. It's full of anti-war quotes and tries to show how hideous war can be through a simulator.
The airport scene more or less you had to kill innocent people such as security guards (you COULD kill civilians but you didn't have to)
as a 'greater good' mission but it portrays the action in a completely negative light and has bad repercussions. i don't get why it's so controversial to be honest... things like James Bond glorify violence a lot more making the whole spy scene seem sexy and infinitely cool. When I play COD I always think 'wow I can't believe people are doing this in real life, HUGE respect for the troops out there fighting' and I know the storylines can be dramatized to be slightly absurd but really I don't see how it can damage a teenage boy any more than a war film.

Its not really the content that bothers me as much as the addiction.
We've decided our 12 yr old can have it for the first time, more out of peer pressure than everything. His friends 6 yr old brother plays it which I don't think is appropriate!!
He knows he needs to show responsibilty with it and will not be playing well into the night on it like hisfriends do!!
Saying that, grand theft seems to be worse than cod.
I've heard they pick up hookers on there!?

yeah lol you can, I used to play GTA when I was really little which is quite bad to think about now! Don't think it did me any damage, unlike Silent Hill...
I think 12 is fine TBH it just depends on the maturity of the kid, 6 is a bit ridiculous though...

My 13 year son has COD, and so do all of his friends. J has had it for about a year now. I decided at 12 he could have it,although he has been asking since 10!

ooooooh im a proper fable fan girl ;)
i'd let jake play that :rofl:

I like fable 3 too but yeh some of the content wouldnt be appropriate for a child under 15 :)

Not sure yet, because my eldest is 3.

I'm not one to decide things yet, because #1 I don't know if she will even want to, #2 Who knows what games will be out when shes older #3 I don't know what my reaction will be in the future.

No. LO's uncles (seems weird calling them that as their so young!) are about 15 and 17 and all they do is sit in their bedroom playing cod and games like this. I don't think it's right at all, I'd rather my son be out playing football or with his friends not sat in his bedroom all day and night. also LOs dad is in the army and I don't think it's appropriate for him to be seeing things like that when he will have to face the real worries of his dad going to war. Their wrong on so many levels.

LO is only one so I don't know how I will feel when she is older. I dont' think I will buy her games that are 18+ though until she is old enough for them.

My best friend has been buying her son Call of Duty since he was 7 :nope:
I wouldnt

my OH has call of duty,battlefield and our 8 year old has had a little play on them,i don't really like him playing on them and wouldn't buy them actually for him or my other son,they have there own games such as eyepet,sega mega drive collection,mario,sonic,and transformers,spiderman,etc,but i know that a few of my eldest sons friends play on them some of them every night,my sons is sensible for his age and he knows riight from wrong,i won't let them watch horror films(i don't watch them myself anyway as i am a right wimp i hate them),when i was about 8(my eldest sons age)i watched a christmas carol at my auntie's house and the part where the skeleton jumps out of the cloak of the last ghost gave me nightmares for months lol and isn't that supposed to be a U rating:shrug:,there is a zombie game that my sons friend at schoool has and has been telling him about that he wants it for christmas and i have told him now way:nope:

Nope .. As majority of stuff for 18+ are exactly that. If it was child friendly then maybe but I haven't as yet.

My brother was always bought games for older than his age, not 18+ stuff when he was 6-7 but definitely from 12+. I think a lot of those games are disgusting and don't hink anyone should be playing them, regardless of age.

No - they can have the games when they reach the age that the game is rated!

Hell yes. I let my little sister play The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and she was killing monsters! It's not like she was being a bad guy - and there's no bad language.. sort of a medieval type game.. she was 5 and loved it.

i like oblivion but i'm not a big fan of first person shooters anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->