Do you ever worry about being preggas and work?

calm

Reaction score
I do. I worry that I will feel sick and not be able to go in. I worry that I will look unprofessional. I worry that my job as a teacher will stress me and the baby and I will mc. I worry the stairs I continuously have to go up and down will do me harm. I worry that afterwards they won't want me back at work. I worry because I think deep down my Boss won't understand. I worry that I will put my job first and risk my pregnancy and my baby. I worry because I worry about all of this, especially as it is not even happening now. I worry because I am a worrypot.

Darling: you'll be fine!!! You have your head on your shoulders, will take care of yourself and put you pregnancy first I'm sure of that! Your boss will understand, and if he/she doesn't, tough, they can't kick you out without getting into trouble!!!
I also worry about feeling sick, but I will prob take a day off if necessary and considering my job is only four hours, I think I'll manage...
Take it easy love, xxxxx

If I was in a normal school that would be the case. But as I am in an academy I am employed only 10 months a year, so it would be very easy not to take me on again. Its just my boss has the knack of making me feel guilty and... anyway. I will just have to cope with it when the time comes. The worse thought I have is: imagine you then have a mc and then, you have no job or no baby! I am being very negative tonight indeed!

Try not to think that way because you really aren't going to be doing anything wrong - you are entitled to have a baby whenever you want!!! And your boss shouldn't make you feel guilty about anything!!! xxxxx

In my experience women bosses can be the worst with these subjects. My boss only has one child, and leads a life of a woman with none.

I worry because i work with adults with learning disabilitys who dispay challaning behaviour. I may have to be moved once i get my BFP.

In my experience women bosses can be the worst with these subjects. My boss only has one child, and leads a life of a woman with none.

Too true, woman bosses are worse, my boss at the hotel is a right B***H when she wants to...
Lozzy I also worry about my patients as some can hit you really hard when they get annoyed/upset... I think as my job isn't too involving I'll hopefully be ok...xxxx

Too true, woman bosses are worse, my boss at the hotel is a right B***H when she wants to...
Lozzy I also worry about my patients as some can hit you really hard when they get annoyed/upset... I think as my job isn't too involving I'll hopefully be ok...xxxx

I have to maualy restrain people and hold them to the floor untill they calm down. It takes 5 people to hold one client. This one lad has made people be off on the sick for weeks, hes smashed their jaw, collor bones, broke peoples arms

I have to maualy restrain people and hold them to the floor untill they calm down. It takes 5 people to hold one client. This one lad has made people be off on the sick for weeks, hes smashed their jaw, collor bones, broke peoples arms

Then it certainly can't be you restraining them!!! You'll just have to step back and let others deal with it. You are entitled to do that if you think your health or that of your baby is in danger... Nobody can say anything about that. xxxxxxxx

I don't worry about pregnancy and work at all. But that's because I've been through it and I was fine. I had a super easy pregnancy, though. I've had two friends with hyperemesis (sp?) and they both worked right through to their mat leave dates and were fine. A little miserable, but they got through it.
Calm, pregnancy can just as easily be a time where you feel like a zen mama! I was. I was positively purring for most of it and I actaully found that I stressed way less. (And believe me, my norm is to obsess about stuff.) That baby growing inside me put everything in perspective. It was amazing how well I was able to step back and let things go.
I am sure you'll feel the same. :)

You need to chill. For most people pregnancy is not an illness life goes on. Walking up and down stairs will not cause a miscarriage, keep you fit. Know in Uk you have certain pregnancy rights, time off for antenatal care, can ask for risk assessment of your area of work and be reassigned if necessary .

I'm not worried about work as such but I'm worried that the things I need to do will let everyone know before 12 weeks are up. I regularly work on building sites supervising heavy machinery and my boss and I have both agreed that I can't do that when pregnant. They will therefore have to do a risk assessment and reassign some of my project before 12 weeks.

I just hope people don't work it out just in case its not a sticky bean.

Then it certainly can't be you restraining them!!! You'll just have to step back and let others deal with it. You are entitled to do that if you think your health or that of your baby is in danger... Nobody can say anything about that. xxxxxxxx

Work will be fine about it, but ill be bored shitless in the 9m ill have to work some where else but ill be pregnant so wont give a damn about the boredness.

i am hoping that by the time i am pregnant my business will be up and running, but i worry about feeling exhausted in the first & third trimester and not being able to keep up with orders, i also worry about back ache as i'll be sat in 1 position sewing for 8 + hours a day

Aww Calm :hug:

I am a bit worried about a couple of things to do with work...
mainly it would be having morning sickness and not being able to keep it a secret for 3 months.

Also, because I am working on a project at the moment, I am a bit worried about the timing of being pregnant and going off on maternity leave because we have a "go live" date and it would be a bit awkward if I was due to go off before that, I almost put off the date we're ttc because of it, but then decided I can't put my life on hold for work!!

I think we just need to be relaxed and go with the flow - easier said than done, but there is more to life than work really!! x

I know that if Im still in my present job when I fall pregnant, I will no longer be doing emergency response in the evening and weekends - far too much stress to be putting myself under after a long week at work. Not that it will go down too well but tough xxx

I'm worried about working long hours when I am pregnant. It will be such a drain. Also I will be so nervous as I work in psychiatric nursing so I will be nervous incase I get attacked. I remember one girl got punched in the stomach only a week after she found out she was pregnant and I was the only person that knew, and it wasn't even a high risk area! I was so stressed about that! It would be ten times worse if I had to stress about myself!!!

You need to chill. For most people pregnancy is not an illness life goes on. Walking up and down stairs will not cause a miscarriage, keep you fit. Know in Uk you have certain pregnancy rights, time off for antenatal care, can ask for risk assessment of your area of work and be reassigned if necessary .

Great, but I don't have a secure job or live in the UK with all that entails :) As for the stairs, I think I didn't explain properly. Kids run up and down them shoving and pushing, that is my main worry about the damn things :D And yes, worry does not solve anything, to chill is certainly the solution.

I don't worry about pregnancy and work at all. But that's because I've been through it and I was fine. I had a super easy pregnancy, though. I've had two friends with hyperemesis (sp?) and they both worked right through to their mat leave dates and were fine. A little miserable, but they got through it.
Calm, pregnancy can just as easily be a time where you feel like a zen mama! I was. I was positively purring for most of it and I actaully found that I stressed way less. (And believe me, my norm is to obsess about stuff.) That baby growing inside me put everything in perspective. It was amazing how well I was able to step back and let things go.
I am sure you'll feel the same. :)

That sound great and real positive, I will certainly take that on board.

I think I have the memory of my best friends experience in my head. The woman that owns the private school where she works hates pregnancy. I actually worked at that same school, and because I got married just before the term ended she would not renew my contract because she said I would get pregnant and was "better off at home". When my friend got pregnant, she was bullied into doing many things and finally had a miscarriage. With her second pregnancy, they really mucked it up. She had 4 months pregnancy leave by right, and they blackmailed her saying she had to come in and teach numeracy and literacy or they would not renew her contract. She did so, and then on top when she went back, they wouldn't give her full time work (going back on their word).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->