Do you get excited?

Kayley

Reaction score
When I was a child I would get really excited for my birthday.

Now being older, its just another day in the calendar :(

Do you get excited for your birthday? Do you do anything to celebrate?

I don't know what to do about mine, if anything. Should I just face reality and realise birthdays are no big deal any more lol

No never. I don't really celebrate it much tbh these days. Now my kids birthdays I'm more excited than them x

I dread my birthday. It actually properly winds me up when adults make a big deal of their birthdays, perhaps I'm just a grump :lol:

Definitely don't get excited anymore. I did for my 30th though to be fair as I knew DH had some surprises planned. Now, I get excited about my boys birthday!

Yup. My birthday is in summer so I always get bbq on and have family come round. Its a gd excuse for a proper catch up with everyone.
Then hubby takes me with the boys to tgis or pizza hut for a meal.

Im really looking fwd to 30... I want a kareoke party!!!

Yup. My birthday is in summer so I always get bbq on and have family come round. Its a gd excuse for a proper catch up with everyone.
Then hubby takes me with the boys to tgis or pizza hut for a meal.

Im really looking fwd to 30... I want a kareoke party!!!

I don't get excited at all anymore, there's been so many I've just got used to them

I wouldn't say excited, not like when I was a kid anything lol, but it's a day I look forward to, we always plan to do something, last year was the best birthday I've had for a few years, my Mum came to visit and we all went to winter wonderland for the day, then my mum watched DS, and DH and I met up with friends who were visiting London then we went out for dinner and the theatre, was the perfect day. It's nice to do something special, I get more excited for DS's birthday though.

Itx my 21st in 5 weeks and atm I have zero plans, probably end up doing nothing for it x

I dread my birthday. It actually properly winds me up when adults make a big deal of their birthdays, perhaps I'm just a grump :lol:

I have a friend who starts a countdown to her bday a month before on facebook - it winds me up as she also refers to it as 'J....' Day, mind you she's one of these people that also believes the entire world revolves around her!!
When it comes to my bday I dont get excited but I do try to have a fun day - for my last one we actually signed the rental agreement on our home and we celebrated with cocktails and friends! I doubt we'll do much this year though.

I do because I get spoilt by my family and it is always a lovely day. OH really isn't bothered about his.

I still get excited. OH can't understand it!! It doesn't bother me getting older and i still opening any presents that i get. Plus i get to have money that i can spend on whatever i want which is always good.

It is still just a normal type of day as OH will still go to work but we usually either go out for dinner as a family - which doesn't happen often generally - or else OH cooks for me.

God it does me to! I have some friends who arrange their own birthday parties etc and go on and on about their birthdays. Not for me at all, I try and avoid acknowledging it lol. I was supposed to be going away to Benidorm this may to celebrate my friends 30th which I was looking forward to but I'll be too heavily pregnant. I think when it's a big one it's not so bad, but celebrating every birthday like it's your 21st is not for me.

I don't bang on and on about it in advance like some people do, but I do still enjoy and look forward to my birthday. In our families the birthday person gets to choose what they want to do - eg pick a restaurant or a day out, or if we can afford it a weekend away. It's the one day I definitely get to choose what I want to do, eat, watch etc - what's wrong with having a special day of treats just for you? Everyone should have one special day a year when they get to be the princess/prince!

I don't get excited but I very much look forward to it. I get spoiled by my family and my mum always takes my husband and me out for a meal. It's nice.

Nope, most of the time I forget about it until a few days before when I notice the date lol. It's just another day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->