Do you have a toy cull???

ktod

Reaction score
I'm in the process of planning Xmas shopping but I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the toys my LO already has. (It probably doesn't help it was his birthday last weekend so he's got a load of new ones!!!)

The idea that every birthday and every Christmas from now on he's going to get more new toys is freaking me out a little bit as I already seem to have toys everywhere!!

Do you have a toy clearout? How do you manage their stuff???

I am definitely having a toy clearout - I've started but the little toad keeps getting them out of the box, funny how when you decide to get rid of a toy they've clearly outgrown they decide its their most favourite toy ever :haha:

I'm planning one too! Oh is off work next week and we're getting a new kitchen fitted, so the week after when lo is at nursery the toy boxes will be getting gutted!

i've started clearing out! some to sell, some charity shop and some binned lol! i've managed to get it down to 2 tubs in the living room plus a box of happyland and one upstairs

I do it throughout the year, I'm due another baby next month, otherwise I would be getting rid of so many baby toys! X

Know what you mean about freaking out. My sons almost the same age as yours and he has tonnes. Its made worse that I've kept loads for my daughter too.

I'm off to ikea for some extra storage shelves and big toy drawers thing before Christmas so hoping I can have the smaller stuff in some kind of system by then. But with clearing out I'm rubbish! Stuff like his toot toot range I keep thinking he may get into it when hes a bit older but I should just sell it! X

Not as much as some people probably do. We do now and then sort through but usually unless its broken, has pieces missing or is just like a maccy Ds toy or something it will be kept somewhere for 'the next one'. It has got to the point now though with 4 of them that theres too much stuff, so i'm going to try to be a bit stricter with my clear out next time. Less sentimental. And do it when my squirrel of a husband is not around! He is worse than I am!

We are going to be having a good toy clear out, I'm going to put some of the cash from them towards her Christmas stuff.

I've already got rid of a bunch of stuff but I need to get rid of a ton more he's got wayyyy to many toys right now and only about a handfull gets played with. I just have to try and find time when he's not around to do it as he will freak out even if it's a toy he hasn't played with in 6 months.

Yeah I usually have one around november time. We've got Maisies toys this year to find room for as well so think I'll have to be ruthless! Xx

Yeah I have just sold a load on gumtree, shape sorters etc. she is getting a till and play food for her bday and playmobil for Xmas so have to sort it all. Since having less she's playing better with what she has.

Yea I will definitely be having a toybox clear out. My LO has so many toys that she doesn't play with.
I will have to do it when she goes to bed though as she suddenly wants to play with everything as soon as she sees me with it!

Cull has to be done! I not long done one as his birthday is next month, and moved loads of toys to his bedroom to make room downstairs - thank god for ikea trofast :haha: will do another before Christmas then

I try, lord knows I try lol

I have 3 boys, and with Christmas, 3 birthdays a year and doting grandparents there's always new toys, books, dvd's, clothes, you name it entering the house. It drives me bonkers. I have no storage and we're full to bursting. I try to get rid of a couple of things either to charity or sell a month but everything is either in such good condition or being played with by at least one of the boys I'm loathe to part with it so consequently there are toys in every available space in their room, the loft, even in our room, not to mention the play space we have downstairs which is full too! That's on top of at least 6 boxes of clothes of various sizes, winter coats, 3 boxes of shoes! It's madness!

I had one not long ago but need to do a much more brutal one near the time! This year there'll be 3 lots of presents also my youngest daughters birthday is 3 on the 27th dec then eldest 5 two weeks after. Sooooo many new toys in a short period of time. I need space!!!

Yep, I do. At least once a year (christmas), sometimes twice a year (birthday time and Christmas time). i always explain that we need to go through and pack up what we don't play with anymore for kids who don't many have toys, and would like to play with them, and that they will be getting new toys for the holiday that we need room for. I sell some, give some away to nephews who need them, and give others to charity.

Yes, every year! I do a big one in november before his birthday, then a little one before christmas x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->