Do you make OH's lunch?

Darlin65

Married with a Munchkin
Reaction score
If so do you just make a sandwich or do you send him with something from scratch? DH used to take a lot of frozen dinners but it got expensive. Tonight I froze leftovers for him to take in (leftover beef stew) and I will send a couple of homemade biscuits once I make a big batch and freeze them. I'm actually really excited to stock up the freezer :happydance: I'm working on all sorts of things including stuff for once the baby gets here and I know I won't want to cook. Freezer meals saved my life with DS! :haha:

Not really. If there's leftovers I'll pack them up for one of us to eat, though these days it's normally him. If he wants a sandwich or something that's on him to make. If I'm packing my own lunch I'll make him the same but he has to at least help get things out and put them away! But I agree, having a freezer full of food is the best!

When he worked away I loved packing his lunch everyday for some reason. I tried to be creative and different everyday and I would leave him little notes sometimes on the napkin for him to read. :) (I later found out he had kept them all, which made me feel so loved!)

Now he comes home and if I haven't been too busy I will make him a quick lunch (I never know what time he will get home) but I hate to say his meals have suffered since I had dd and even more so now that I am pregnant again! Lots of sandwiches, lol. :)

I should add, I love cooking and I loved making his lunches, they were never a "chore" or duty and he never asked me to do it or anything.

I would love to freeze some things but our freezer is way too small!

No he can do it himself im not his slave. OH either makes a sandwich or gets something out

Mine doesn't take lunch, he just buys something

Sometimes I make him lunch and sometimes he comes home for lunch. When he comes home for lunch he usually has leftovers but if he has a sandwich or something he'll usually make it.
If I'm making him a packed lunch it tends to be a couple of sandwiches or pasta salad, and a pork pie, couple of yogurts, bag of crisps, couple of pieces of fruit a chocolate bar.

When I had an OH if we had left overs from the night before I'd put it in a tub for him to re-heat at work, I occasionally made his sandwiches if I was making some for myself but he was a big enough boy to sort his own lunch out :lol:

I used to make him pasta salad to take to work with him (and for his dad as well, not quite sure why I was making his dad's lunch too!) but nowadays he comes home for lunch and usually makes it himself and for me as well.

Before having Tommy I would make OH's lunch every day. Now I just don't have the time or energy so he has a £10 weekly allowance to sort it out himself.. He buys a sausage barm and a bag of crisps from the butty van because he is lazy and won't mKe something himself lol!

I make oh sandwiches when I make ds1's packed lunch. He's a courier so he isn't able to heat up leftovers when he's working.

God know. He can make his own bait up. He doesn't make me anything to take to work either. We just sort ourselves out, which usually involves buying rather than making.

When we're both working we sort ourselves out, although I sometimes bribe him into making my lunch lol. But now I'm on mat leave before baby was born I would make lunch for him if he came home (we live over the road from his work) but now I've had the baby I'm often BF when he comes home so he often makes me lunch instead bless him! We're not very adventurous though it's always sandwiches, beans, soup or eggs, I can never think of good lunch ideas. I might make soup next week because another thread has had me salivating for home made soup.

Technically yes, but it's not an extra job because we eat leftovers from dinner the night. We're not that fond of sandwiches. So, i cook extra every night and chuck some into a tub for his lunch and some for me lol

I make him sandwiches with a bag of assorted nuts and some fruit.

I cook extra a few nights a week and he freezes it for his lunches. Mostly pasta bakes cottage pie.

I used to all the time, but i had to stop when morning sickness with number 2 started. But im slowly starting again. Purely becuase when OH is incharge of doing his own lunch its .... few bars of chocolate, couple yogurts without a spoon and a couple cakes.

I try to do it properly, sandwic/ wrap or cob, yogurt with a spoon, 2 chocolate bars, 1 cake. Id put fruit in but he just brings it back and it stays in there a week.
He would love to take left overs but they are not allowed to ask the cafe to warm anything up and the microwave in the staff room is gross, so is the fridge, and kettle.

I do sometimes but mostly he's left for work as I'm getting up with the kids so he does it himself. He takes sandwiches, crisps, fruit and a cake or biscuit bar

I do yes otherwise we'd be poor from him having McDonalds or something daily.
I either make sandwiches or he'll take leftovers.
Yes he could do his own but i really don't mind doing it and hes always grateful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->