Do you still take prenatals?

callmedan

Reaction score
Hiii
This is my first 2nd tri post I'm a couple of days ahead of my ticket :)
Has anyone stopped taking prenatals in the 2nd tri? I know folic acid is only really important in the first and my prenatals make me so sick!
Any views on this?
Thanks, look forward to chatting with you all! xx

I stopped taking mine around ten weeks I think, I was always forgetting to take them.

I stopped taking mine after 12 weeks. Also kept forgetting them after then...and they didn't help the nausea!

Yes I still try to take them every day, I just like the 'insurance' of knowing i'm getting all the vitamins etc that me and baby need :)

Yea i stopped around 12 weeks..i kept forgettin too

Doh !!

I took them when we started trying, still taking them now and I plan on taking them after baby comes because I'm going to try to breastfeed. That's too bad that they are making you sick. Mine do if I don't eat so I take them at then end Of the day.

Yea I stopped taking them when I was super nauseous around 10 weeks and bought flinstone vitamins that I try to take now when I remember :)

I'm still taking mine but am thinking of stopping them as I'm wondered if they're causing my nausea and upset stomach.

I took folic the whole first trimester but now I can't do prenatals. I tried every brand but they just bother my stomach so none for me!

I would never think to stop taking mine...I just take them at night so nausea isn't as bad.
I too plan to continue taking them once baby is here because I'll be breastfeeding

I never took any. I eat a very nutrient rich diet and my recent blood panel was great. I had enough iron for 3 lol :)

I started taking prenatals when I was trying to get pregnant with my DS1, 3 years ago. I never stopped taking them, lol! I've been taking prenatals for 3 straight years haha!

I took solely folic acid for the first 12 weeks, but been taking pregnancy multi-vitamins since then. At my 16 week midwife appointment my midwife said it's now recommended to take them throughout pregnancy. Wasn't like that when I had DS, just took then to be on the safe side.

Cldn't take them with my first. They made me ill. Had low iron with him & PPROM at 36 wks. Now, I've found a brand that is completely natural & doesn't cause any upset. Must admit I forget often. I take 500mg Vit C as well as women with premature rupture of membranes have often very low levels. So, anything that might strengthen those membranes for me!!

My midwife offered me multivitamins on the NHS. Im sticking to pregnacare max after we discussed benefits of either. She's asked I keep taking them throughout. I'm also on iron tablets due to low levels.

I've been taking prenatals since before I was pregnant with my first. The vitamins are fantastic for me and I figured I would have a good build up if I ever got pregnant again. :p

Well, I still take them but not every day. I was religious about it until about 12 week.

I take a multivitamin for women, and a B complex that also has folic acid. I'm still taking them, as it seems every week Baby is working on some new body part that could really use extra of some nutrient or another! I haven't had any nausea, and the Dr. said that could be from taking the B complex. Definitely take them after eating though!

I've been taking prenatals since I was pregnant with my son continued after he was born, I didn't want to stop them because my periods regulated after having him and I wasn't sure if the prenatals helped that (I have pcos so my periods were really irregular before)

Like many other posters I started taking while TTC and have now taken them since BFP.... My doctor strongly encourages it even through breastfeeding. Natures made makes a nice one. I also take vitamin D and extra iron as I need it. Plus I was always used to taking birth control pills or some sort of vitamin daily so its nothing to me now. I actually keep one of those 7 day pill cases in my purse full of vitamins so made it part of my routine. Also set a reminder on my work email and cell phone for the weekend. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->