• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you think princess Kate will BF?

William was prince william of wales right up until he married Kate and he was given the duke of Cambridge title

As for how she feeds the baby, I really don't see the fascination with it. As with any other baby as long as it is fed I don't care how the mother chooses to do it. Such a shame that there is so much interest in it, I really feel for Kate, the pressure she will be under on top of being a first time mum will no doubt be horrendous

I am going to guess...that she will try and then switch as I do believe that is what is fairly 'average' for her country. She would make a wonderful example tho, wouldnt she?

Disclaimer: did not read any other posts.

'Average for her country' :wacko:

I would say that would be a fair assumption to make for the UK, initial BF intentions seem quite high here and then for one reason or another through choice or not lots of women switch or combi, I believe something like less than 5% of women exclusively BF until 6 months I heard when I was last BF (I think that is exclusively as in not weaned at all though). So I don't think it's an unfair point.

Now that Kate and William's baby is due immenintly, do you think she will BF?

I think it would be AMAZING if she was to BF is public. I'm not saying get her baps out for all to see, but a discreet feed like we all do. (Or try to)

Obviously if she chooses to FF that's totally fine, but for the right reasons.

What are your thoughts?
Don't know but didn't diana breastfeed both of her boys?

I am going to guess...that she will try and then switch as I do believe that is what is fairly 'average' for her country. She would make a wonderful example tho, wouldnt she?

Isn't it? According to my research it is. Ours isnt much better, sadly. Of course, as I said, she would be a wonderful example. I am sorry if my guess offends you. lol...it's just a guess!

Oh and my money is on Kate bf but the palace wok day it's a private matter. I wonder if she get grief from the hv like the rest of us :p
Bet she don't get an intrusive Bounty lady though. :rofl:

https://hollywoodlife.com/2013/07/01/kate-middleton-prince-william-baby-princess-diana-parenting/

https://m.guardiannews.com/lifeandstyle/2013/jul/10/royal-baby-breastfeed-duchess-cambridge

I think its up to her what she does and really confussed about why how she chooses to feed her baby is so fascinating and should even be a topic for conversation.
But that's just me, I don't get in general why choices of feeding are so fascinating and discussed so much.

Also ... correct me if I'm wrong but she is not a Princess you can only be born a princess or the queen can give you the title princess if you marry into the family or if Charles became King she will become princess? She is a Dutchess.

I think?!

Lol yeah I think you're right I don't think she's a princess yet, I'm assuming she could be princess of Wales when William becomes Prince of Wales on the Queen's death? I'm assuming she'll be Queen when William is king, but Camilla won't be.

Its debatable about her being queen as well.
Technicaly she will be a consort with the public title of queen so not a real queen but will be known as one.

Yeah I think the Wales thing is a surname thing as opposed to title for others, I was watching something the other day that said Kate and William could choose Cambridge as the surname if they wish, or Windsor and a few others or not at all. I think....possibly....Harry's name is Henry Wales which is why he would be called Captain Wales in the military as it's a surname.

I know members of the royal family are not registered with a surname but I am sure I read that the descendants of the Queen and Prince Phillip could use Mounbatten-Windsor as their surname. How confusing.

Yeah that's one of the ones they can use, they were talking about it on This Morning this week, Kate's baby could go by that, by Cambridge or even not have one at all as you say. I don't know if it can be Wales because they technically don't have the title of Prince and Princess of Wales yet. I find it quite interesting but very confusing lol.

They can use wales because William is under the house of wales, a entitlement passed on from Charles on his birth so wales is the closest thing to a surname William has.

I have a hard enough time choosing the first and middle names, I'm glad I don't have to worry about the surname too lol!

Breastfeeding or bottle feeding its private options for the mother, I really don't see why people care, or what business it is of anyone else :shrug:

I also find the royals really interesting, also I get so confused with the titles :wacko:

I did think that camellia would not be able to become queen as she's catholic and the monarch is the head of the Church of England ?:shrug:

Breastfeeding or bottle feeding its private options for the mother, I really don't see why people care, or what business it is of anyone else :shrug:

I also find the royals really interesting, also I get so confused with the titles :wacko:

I did think that camellia would not be able to become queen as she's catholic and the monarch is the head of the Church of England ?:shrug:

She's not Catholic, I believe she was raised Catholic but converted to Anglicanism and had an Anglican blessing on her wedding day, someone correct me if I am wrong. But you're right Catholicism is still an issue in terms of monarchy and technically can't happen (steeped in lots of historical reasoning as you can imagine)

I didn't know that, thought she was still catholic...

I just watched a drama this week "lady Jane" I find it all fascinating, sarah and diana wouldn't have had their heads long in them days :nope:

I think she will try bf I don't think exclusively and don't think she will in public

I would say that would be a fair assumption to make for the UK, initial BF intentions seem quite high here and then for one reason or another through choice or not lots of women switch or combi, I believe something like less than 5% of women exclusively BF until 6 months I heard when I was last BF (I think that is exclusively as in not weaned at all though). So I don't think it's an unfair point.

WOW how rude:dohh:

WOW how rude:dohh:

Errrrrrm care to explain how? I wasn't trying to be rude, I was just explaining how I think the situation is in the UK in a somewhat factual manner agreeing with Jasmak's statement, I didn't pass judgment on the situation? By all means throw me some evidence that says I am wrong?

As far as names, she could be traditional and pass her husband's last name to the son.

It is all depend on her and how she feels about BF if
she will EBF. My family hated bfing and how it made them feed (in their eyes, it made them feel tied down and such. My aunt hated leaky breast in public)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->