• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you think princess Kate will BF?

I find stuff on the Royal family fascinating! However, I do get lost in the ins and outs of the politics of it all. :blush:

Why a "consort" instead of "princess/Queen"? Is it because they're not royals themselves, so therefore cannot have the title? :blush: Sorry, I've always wanted to know.

As for her BF, if she does or doesn't it'll be her choice. :mrgreen:

Yeah I think it is something to do with not actually being in the blood line. So the new baby Heir will be Prince/Princess King/Queen as they are Royal by blood.

I'm fascinated by the Royals, I think we are incredibly lucky to have them. There are many countries who have a Queen but you know that whenever somebody outside of Great Britain refers to The Queen, that they mean ours!

I find stuff on the Royal family fascinating! However, I do get lost in the ins and outs of the politics of it all. :blush:

Why a "consort" instead of "princess/Queen"? Is it because they're not royals themselves, so therefore cannot have the title? :blush: Sorry, I've always wanted to know.

As for her BF, if she does or doesn't it'll be her choice. :mrgreen:

Consort means spouse or partner of so they use that to show she will be Queen because she's the wife of the King and not because of the bloodline and that she can't ascend to the throne should the King die. This only applies if there is a King, the husband of the Queen can't be a King Consort.

The current Queen is a Queen Regnand because she's queen in her own right through blood and has sovereign rights.

Personally as much as some of you would love to see her breastfeeding in public ... I hope she's a rebel and wops out a Dr Browns bottle to feed her baby, proving it's HER choice to do what's right for them.

I want to not like this theory... but I do :rofl: its the rebel inside me

I find it interesting so many women want to see her breastfeed in public to raise awareness. I am pretty sure if they were asked to do it in public with cameras all around so literally millions would see the pictures, I am sure a few of them would be whistling a different tune.

I think she will breastfeed, but I seriously doubt you'll ever see her do it.

I full agree with this.

I feel for Kate, she isnt a celebrity and didnt ask for this, all she did was fall in love and get married.

Oh, I think she certainly asked for this. She made sure William would notice her, imo.

I don't want to know before the easel goes up :nope: there is so much magic in that tradition. Wish the press would just back off & leave her be.

You won't. The only thing the paps will see is somebody leaving the hospital with an envelope. NOBODY (besides the Queen and Charles) will know the gender until the easel goes up, and then it will be put online.

When William takes the throne, she will be Queen Consort. Camilla will also become Queen Consort when Charles takes the throne.

Camilla will never be Queen, it was one of their agreements in order for them to wed.

I find it interesting so many women want to see her breastfeed in public to raise awareness. I am pretty sure if they were asked to do it in public with cameras all around so literally millions would see the pictures, I am sure a few of them would be whistling a different tune.

I full agree with this.

I feel for Kate, she isnt a celebrity and didnt ask for this, all she did was fall in love and get married.

Oh, I think she certainly asked for this. She made sure William would notice her, imo.

I don't want to know before the easel goes up :nope: there is so much magic in that tradition. Wish the press would just back off & leave her be.

You won't. The only thing the paps will see is somebody leaving the hospital with an envelope. NOBODY (besides the Queen and Charles) will know the gender until the easel goes up, and then it will be put online.

When William takes the throne, she will be Queen Consort. Camilla will also become Queen Consort when Charles takes the throne.

Camilla will never be Queen, it was one of their agreements in order for them to wed.

I'm sure this is something they are looking at changing.

I full agree with this.

I'm sure this is something they are looking at changing.

No they never will change it for many reasons. They made an agreement at the start of their marriage that she won't be known as Queen Consort. Technically the marriage of Charles and Camilla is not even legal it's more of a civil partnership. Lastly the monarchy cares what the British public thinks of them and although a lot of people have come round about how they feel about Camilla, a lot of people still can't stand her because of the history.

I full agree with this.

There are paps camped outside of the hospital and as someone else explained the ways to get into the hospital are covered by public outlets making it unlikely she won't be seen arriving. If she is seen arriving it will be in the news, this is what I don't want to be reported. I'm not interested in gender, yes that will be announced on the easel but I want the whole birth announcement to be via easel like tradition not expecting it because snap happy paps can't leave her alone.

It's a bit of magical tradition that I think the paps have the capacity to completely destroy.

And yes about Camilla & Queen Consort I have already been corrected thank you by another poster.

I imagine she will bf but I doubt she will in public. Good on her if she does. I bf for 10 months and never once bf in public.

Actually although they said camilla will not be known as Queen consort there is no legal precedent for this. The wife of a king is legally Queen consort under the current act of parliament whatever they choose to call her. There's less animosity towards her and chaz nowadays so I expect she will be known as Queen in the end.

Oh and my money is on Kate bf but the palace wok day it's a private matter. I wonder if she get grief from the hv like the rest of us :p

Also ... correct me if I'm wrong but she is not a Princess you can only be born a princess or the queen can give you the title princess if you marry into the family or if Charles became King she will become princess? She is a Dutchess.

I think?!

She is a princess but not in her own right. As majority of women take their partners name so she is legally known asprincess William of Wales as it is the feminine version of prince William's title but upon marriage they were bestowed with the dukedom of Cambridge so they go by that title. I could be wrong.

He is not known as Prince William prince of Wales yet I don't think. I think he becomes that when his Dad becomes king.

Yeah Charles is Prince of Wales, William isn't yet, that title is for the monarch's eldest son thus when Charles is king William will be prince of Wales. I think.

Oh no he isn't the prince of Wales but as his dad is the current prince both William and Harry use the 'of Wales'. I know Harry is known as Captain Wales in the army. Also there is a Princess Micheal of Kent who took the feminine version of her husband. But then again I could be wrong, I find royalty very confusing.

Yeah I think the Wales thing is a surname thing as opposed to title for others, I was watching something the other day that said Kate and William could choose Cambridge as the surname if they wish, or Windsor and a few others or not at all. I think....possibly....Harry's name is Henry Wales which is why he would be called Captain Wales in the military as it's a surname.

Yeah I think the Wales thing is a surname thing as opposed to title for others, I was watching something the other day that said Kate and William could choose Cambridge as the surname if they wish, or Windsor and a few others or not at all. I think....possibly....Harry's name is Henry Wales which is why he would be called Captain Wales in the military as it's a surname.

I know members of the royal family are not registered with a surname but I am sure I read that the descendants of the Queen and Prince Phillip could use Mounbatten-Windsor as their surname. How confusing.

I know members of the royal family are not registered with a surname but I am sure I read that the descendants of the Queen and Prince Phillip could use Mounbatten-Windsor as their surname. How confusing.

Yeah that's one of the ones they can use, they were talking about it on This Morning this week, Kate's baby could go by that, by Cambridge or even not have one at all as you say. I don't know if it can be Wales because they technically don't have the title of Prince and Princess of Wales yet. I find it quite interesting but very confusing lol.

I am going to guess...that she will try and then switch as I do believe that is what is fairly 'average' for her country. She would make a wonderful example tho, wouldnt she?

Disclaimer: did not read any other posts.

I think she will bf.
I think her and William are going to be wonderful hands on parents and I hope they aren't bombarded by media everywhere they step out with the child.

I am going to guess...that she will try and then switch as I do believe that is what is fairly 'average' for her country. She would make a wonderful example tho, wouldnt she?

Disclaimer: did not read any other posts.

'Average for her country' :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->