Do you think princess Kate will BF?

I've never seen anyone get bashed for breastfeeding? In the UK pretty much everyone knows "breast is best" it could not have a higher profile it already does. I think very few moms that formula feed do it out of choice (I realise some do) and they're constantly feeling guilty about failing to breastfeed.

I tried breastfeeding and without going into how and why I had to stop because I hate having to explain why as it feels I'm expected to justify it and I refuse ...I feel happy I did the right thing and I have a happy thriving baby. I don't feel guilty like a lot of formula feeders do because I know what I feed my baby doesn't define me as a mom. I never feel guilty and no lactivist can ever make me feel bad about how I feed my baby. I sometimes feel these women that care SO much how others feed their babies and have to constantly remind you HOW they feed their babies have a lot of insecurities and breastfeeding is their only upper hand or the first thing they've ever "achieved" in life.

Personally as much as some of you would love to see her breastfeeding in public ... I hope she's a rebel and wops out a Dr Browns bottle to feed her baby, proving it's HER choice to do what's right for them.

That's a big assumption to make and tbh to me makes it sound like you're the one with insecurities. I care how people feed their babies because I am well aware if how amazing breast milk is and that formula pales in significance in comparison. As I say I don't say anything to women but I am very pleased to see a woman successfully BF, so sue me? I don't know where you are but in the UK BF in public gets a very bad reputation among other aspects which does affect the way it is perceived.

I hope she does what is best for her baby.

I've never seen anyone get bashed for breastfeeding? In the UK pretty much everyone knows "breast is best" it could not have a higher profile it already does. I think very few moms that formula feed do it out of choice (I realise some do) and they're constantly feeling guilty about failing to breastfeed.

I tried breastfeeding and without going into how and why I had to stop because I hate having to explain why as it feels I'm expected to justify it and I refuse ...I feel happy I did the right thing and I have a happy thriving baby. I don't feel guilty like a lot of formula feeders do because I know what I feed my baby doesn't define me as a mom. I never feel guilty and no lactivist can ever make me feel bad about how I feed my baby. I sometimes feel these women that care SO much how others feed their babies and have to constantly remind you HOW they feed their babies have a lot of insecurities and breastfeeding is their only upper hand or the first thing they've ever "achieved" in life.

Personally as much as some of you would love to see her breastfeeding in public ... I hope she's a rebel and wops out a Dr Browns bottle to feed her baby, proving it's HER choice to do what's right for them.

That's a big assumption to make and tbh to me makes it sound like you're the one with insecurities. I care how people feed their babies because I am well aware if how amazing breast milk is and that formula pales in significance in comparison. As I say I don't say anything to women but I am very pleased to see a woman successfully BF, so sue me? I don't know where you are but in the UK BF in public gets a very bad reputation among other aspects which does affect the way it is perceived.

And if what's best for her baby is formula feeding?

Then she will have to FF? But the chances of that being the best thing is incredibly minimal, but yeah if it is then it is....do you think I want the baby to starve lol??!

Here we go, it was only a matter of time before this turned into a bf vs ff debate, lol.

Fair enough, I could have phrased it better I certainly didn't mean all BF'ers.

You say BF has a bad rep. Answer honestly ... would kate get criticised for breastfeeding? Will she get criticised for formula feeding.

I suppose being royalty though ... the MW's have not dared bombard her with breastfeeding pamphlets.

I think she cant win, there are people on both sides of the camp that will slate her what ever she choses x

Fair enough, I could have phrased it better I certainly didn't mean all BF'ers.

You say BF has a bad rep. Answer honestly ... would kate get criticised for breastfeeding? Will she get criticised for formula feeding.

I suppose being royalty though ... the MW's have not dared bombard her with breastfeeding pamphlets.

No she wouldn't get a bad rep for BF of course not, but because there is so much bad publicity in our media about BF in public, extended BF, or even just general "BF Mafia haters" (due to all health reports published that seem to get people's nose out of joint, which I do understand last week there was one about BF and social mobility lol?!) then anything that puts BF in a good light is a positive and important in my mind, and something "neutral" and unbiased which obviously the NHS isn't. I don't think she would Bf in public but I do think that would be amazing for poo-pooing the people that openly speak out against it because she does have such a positive image.

I don't know if she would get criticised for FF, I don't think she would tbh because it seems so normal and common these days that tbh I don't think many people think about it much, I'd be very surprised if it was portrayed negatively in the media, unless others disagree?

If I was her I'd get a wet nurse haha, I personally didn't enjoy BF, I bet that would get comments though!

I do genuinely think she will try it......now a days enough people do give it a go in the UK.

Will she NIP? No, very much doubt that.

Will she even talk about feeding? Again no, she's not obliged to let the general public know what she's does, and I very much doubt she'll never refer to feeding the baby in public.

In fact, apart from leaving the hospital and the very few official photos, I doubt anybody will see the Heir and Catherine that much at all.

This will completly depend on your area. Before i had kids and made like minded mummy friends i had never seen anyone breastfeed. It just isnt done in my family or social group. I would say less then 10% of people in my area would even consider BF as a option.

This will completly depend on your area. Before i had kids and made like minded mummy friends i had never seen anyone breastfeed. It just isnt done in my family or social group. I would say less then 10% of people in my area would even consider BF as a option.

I'm honestly surprised by this. In my area I'm definitely in the minority because I formula feed. All my friends that have recently had babies breastfeed and the only people I know that formula feed (people I've met at baby groups etc) are only doing it because breastfeeding didn't work out. I live in London.

I do genuinely think she will try it......now a days enough people do give it a go in the UK.

Will she NIP? No, very much doubt that.

Will she even talk about feeding? Again no, she's not obliged to let the general public know what she's does, and I very much doubt she'll never refer to feeding the baby in public.

In fact, apart from leaving the hospital and the very few official photos, I doubt anybody will see the Heir and Catherine that much at all.

Aww not even an Ok! photoshoot?! No I think you're right, and how it should be really.

In my old area I was definitely in the minority for BF, however, I was a young mum at 22 and although I don't know the statistics I think BF rates are lower in younger mums? Well certainly in my old area anyway. I'm in London now and it's a mix of BF and FF I don't think I'd feel uncomfortable doing either.

Also ... correct me if I'm wrong but she is not a Princess you can only be born a princess or the queen can give you the title princess if you marry into the family or if Charles became King she will become princess? She is a Dutchess.

I think?!

Also ... correct me if I'm wrong but she is not a Princess you can only be born a princess or the queen can give you the title princess if you marry into the family or if Charles became King she will become princess? She is a Dutchess.

I think?!

Lol yeah I think you're right I don't think she's a princess yet, I'm assuming she could be princess of Wales when William becomes Prince of Wales on the Queen's death? I'm assuming she'll be Queen when William is king, but Camilla won't be.

No she's not a Princess, she's a Duchess (she has a full long title which does currently include HRH Princess William, but this isn't a used title.)

When Charles goes to the throne I believe she'll then be referred to as Princess Catherine of Wales. (I think!)

When William takes the throne, she will be Queen Consort. Camilla will also become Queen Consort when Charles takes the throne.

No she's not a Princess, she's a Duchess (she has a full long title which does currently include HRH Princess William, but this isn't a used title.)

When Charles goes to the throne I believe she'll then be referred to as Princess Catherine of Wales. (I think!)

When William takes the throne, she will be Queen Consort. Camilla will also become Queen Consort when Charles takes the throne.

No Camilla can never become Queen Consort she will be Princess Consort should Charles become King.

No Camilla can never become Queen Consort she will be Princess Consort should Charles become King.

My mistake. :flower:

Yeah because of her divorce. There is a pub opposite Windsor castle called Duchess of Cambridge, it got changed in 2011. Wonder if they will change it every time her official title changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->