do you think this will scar?

Blah11

☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼
Reaction score
& if yes is there anything I can do to minimise the damage?

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/blah11/IMAG0805.jpg

Wow I have a scar in almost the same place! Mine did scar and I used Bio-oil on it everyday but it is noticeable. I did mine on the oven. It's been there for a good 6 months or so, sorry not the best pic!

https://i48.tinypic.com/10zd9pi.jpg

My hands have quite a few burn scars! I'm such an oven klutz. I have some on my arm which have just gone, after about three / four years. I think it will leave a mark, but won't lAst forever. Slather it, and I mean slather it, in proper aloe Vera 'juice'. Works wonders. Zapped my last oven burn really well.

Ouch :hugs:

Think there is a good chance tbh. My hands are covered in the remnants of burns like that. They tend to go down a lot but leave silvery lines.

oh poop :( stupid oven!

I didnt feel it at all when i did it so didnt run it under the tap :(

I use cocoa butter on my stretchmarks and I love it. Palmers is the best

I agree that Bio oil is great. Any scars I get tend to heal really well and fade after time though, so it might depend how prone you are to them x

Bio oil :flower:

I've got a few of those from general clumsiness plus working in a very busy baked potato shop for a while years ago. Most have faded to barely noticeable x

I have 4 that have scarred, 2 are notable 2 are barely there and there are loads that haven't. I ripped the scab off which didn't help.
X

Bio oil will help with it hun :)

I tend to scar very easily so I put on bepanthen ointment 3 times a day when I have a burn (or a new tattoo LOL) it's for baby bottoms but it really helps heal the skin!! it might take a while to fade completely, but a similar burn I had went away after a couple of months :flower:

I'd say yes, it will scar. Mederma makes a scar cream that is supopsedl to help reduce the appearance of scars. I've never used it but have seen it on commercials lots.

I would say probably not. I tipped a whole pan of boiling water over my hand a number of years ago and it was a right mess. 6 weeks later there was no sign of it at all.

This is what it looked like about 2 weeks after i did it
DSCF1187.jpg

DSCF1188.jpg

I used some Band Aid stuff on it when i first did it (i refused to go to the hospital to start off with so sorted myself out with a dressing). It was special stuff for burns which stops it from drying out and scarring.

no i dnt think it will ive burnt my arm on oven/iron loadsa times and never scarred x

Ive had similar done by my ghds ans it didnt leave a scar. Maybe it depends on your skin type.

I used to use this gel patch stuff when i was a kid, no idea if its out of date now (the treatment i mean) but it worked amazing for me, i had a huge scar on my leg, i trapped it in between two bits of metal (like a clamp) was pretty gross lol but the patch stuff halved the size of it, and i could see it shrinking every time i wore it and now its almost white (it was really red) and barely noticeable :) i did a quick google and it looks like this https://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/cica-care-silicone-gel-sheet-12cm-x-6cm_1_10991.html

how long did you hold it under water for? the best way to prevent scarring is to hold the burn under water for at least 20 minutes, the rest is up to your body on how well it heals but aloe and calendula can help prevent it from scarring too as will anything that places pressure on it, bio oil will help once its done healing.

My friend works in a dermatology dept in a London hospital and posted me a tonne of sachets for something that minimises scars after surgery. I can post you some if you like?

xx

I burned my arm on the oven a week or two ago and when I've been putting bio oil on my bump I've been rubbing some on the burn as well. I did run it under the tap for about 30 seconds when it happened but I was in a rush so couldn't do it for longer. It was really nasty looking when it happened but is fading loads already, still pink and noticeable but not as angry looking as it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->