Do you use a pacifer? POLL

I didnt an am not w my new baby.. Dont see the purpose of one:)

When pregnant, I was against them. Once Anabella was born, my husband was keen to use one to help her sleep. I was reluctant but decided to give it a go. It took a few attempts, but she took to it well.

We used it purely as a sleep aid and nothing else.It is one of my bug bears seeing toddlers and young children talk through them. There really is no need for that.

Anyway, two nights ago, she was really messing about with the dummy. She would spit it out and then cry for it 30 seconds later. I would replace it and she would again spit it out then cry for it again. This went on and on and on. I decided there and then to do away with it.

First night (yesterday) wasn't good. She woke up a few times screaming for the dummy (we were there to comfort her throughout and never left her to cry alone), but eventually we resettled her without it. Tonight, she has woken a couple of times but she is nowhere near as hysterical. I am hoping as days go on, she will wake less and less for it and forget about it.

If I am honest, with the next baby, I am really going to resist using one. I think they can be more hassle than they're worth. I know as they get older they can start to find it and replace it themselves, but when they are too little for that and are dependent on the dummy to sleep, you can find yourself plugging in the dummy 10/15 times a night and trust me, it's not fun!! (I know not all babies wake when the dummy comes out, but a lot do).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->