Does anybody have days like this?

bailey4eva

Mummy to Jake :)
Reaction score
Do any of you have days when you think getting pregnant might not be the great idea you thought it was the day before? Personally, I have been thinking for a few months that I would really like a baby, and I still really want one. And then I think about the pregnancy and then it scares me! I REALLY am ready for a baby, but not so sure about being pregnant. I mean...I have to look after my body haha. No but seriously, is this quite a common thing when preparing to have a baby? I have always been told that having a baby young will ruin my life etc and I think I have learnt to think this all of the time. It makes me wonder...if I didn't want one at the moment, would I still be thinking like this even when I'm at the "ideal" age to start a family?! Im just a bit confused at the moment and would appreciate hearing anybodies fears if they have any?? :)

It terrifies me to be honest, but yet deep down I know that I really want a baby soon!!
I fear about the pregnancy, about morning sickness and feeling like poo all the time as I cant stand feeling ill/tired/run down etc. And I am apprehensive about not having the time to myself that I have now... to take a long bath, go for a massage, get my hair done etc. things I enjoy doing, It'll all have to change.
But in the end I know that I will have someone to care for and look after for the rest of my life, and I guess nothing could be a greater feeling than that!
Im scared about having too look after myself too because I dont seem to be very good at that at the moment. lol

I'm alright with the feeling crappy part (that's what my damn pill is getting me used to -_-*) I'm a bit nervous about birth itself. I want to go at it naturally, but I'm scared of the pain! hahaha Oh well...it's "pain with a purpose" so I'll live.

It terrifies me to be honest, but yet deep down I know that I really want a baby soon!!
I fear about the pregnancy, about morning sickness and feeling like poo all the time as I cant stand feeling ill/tired/run down etc. And I am apprehensive about not having the time to myself that I have now... to take a long bath, go for a massage, get my hair done etc. things I enjoy doing, It'll all have to change.
But in the end I know that I will have someone to care for and look after for the rest of my life, and I guess nothing could be a greater feeling than that!
Im scared about having too look after myself too because I dont seem to be very good at that at the moment. lol

I fear the growing tummy (the stretch marks and the extra "flab" after birth) and then I suppose I will be scared Im not responsible enough (though I know I can be because it is half instinct and alot of commitment). Oo i duno i just keep picturing wot I see other people have and want my own personal baby hehe. Half me half dad etc etc!!
Leigh xx

I'm alright with the feeling crappy part (that's what my damn pill is getting me used to -_-*) I'm a bit nervous about birth itself. I want to go at it naturally, but I'm scared of the pain! hahaha Oh well...it's "pain with a purpose" so I'll live.

I get nervous thinkin about birth too, but the waiting for it is probably worse than the birth itself. as many say, the pain goes away wen u see the little soul! Im gona try not to think about it too much because knowing me the fear will be so much I wont ever have children!!
Leigh xx

I think we all have worries, its natural. Some days i want a baby more than anything, sometimes i'm not so sure! I'm actually quite looking forward to being pregnant - once the morning sickness is over - its the birth and actually being a mum that scares me!! But i think when it comes to it i'll cope, instinct will kick in. All the not so good things will be outweighed by the great parts about being a mum.xx

I think we all have worries, its natural. Some days i want a baby more than anything, sometimes i'm not so sure! I'm actually quite looking forward to being pregnant - once the morning sickness is over - its the birth and actually being a mum that scares me!! But i think when it comes to it i'll cope, instinct will kick in. All the not so good things will be outweighed by the great parts about being a mum.xx

Im not the only one then! So I am doing the right thing, just because sometimes I feel unsure doesn't mean im not ready then? Its abit confusing wen u av no experience to base these feelins on. Thanks xxx

One thing that is on my mind now, something that I didnt want to ask because I didnt want to know?! Is that....what kind of tests do you have when you're pregnant? I am scared of having blood tests (which i think are probably inevitable when pregnant, though I dont know 100% if you would need them). And any other needle type tests there are?? I know that when Im pregnant I probably wont be as bothered because i can just think "i am doing this for LOs benefit not just my own". And hopefully that will spur me on. Just dont wana hear it from the doctor that I have these tests coz i mite panic wilst pregnant and would rather not if i could help it. wana enjoy the time.
Leigh xx

I'm not sure sorry, I presume you have to have blood tests. I think you do to make sure all the hormones are multiplying nicely! When the time comes, you'll be fine! Just think of a baby :)

I know exactly how you feel. I get days where it's all that i can think about....i talk about it so much...sometimes i feel as though i annoy my bf talking about it as much as i do. And then there are other days where im not so sure if i want it. I have also always been told that it would ruin my life :huh: Its all my mother would say. But i know that deep down i would really love to have a child.

One thing that is on my mind now, something that I didnt want to ask because I didnt want to know?! Is that....what kind of tests do you have when you're pregnant? I am scared of having blood tests (which i think are probably inevitable when pregnant, though I dont know 100% if you would need them). And any other needle type tests there are?? I know that when Im pregnant I probably wont be as bothered because i can just think "i am doing this for LOs benefit not just my own". And hopefully that will spur me on. Just dont wana hear it from the doctor that I have these tests coz i mite panic wilst pregnant and would rather not if i could help it. wana enjoy the time.
Leigh xx

you will have blood tests.Not loads though.At every midwife appointment they will have to have a sample of your urine to test but you wont have a blood test at every appointment.But you will have a few (maybe 5) blood tests in total.The doctors will need to check you for anemia and such...But honestly it will seem worth it when youre there.
And about when you get a growing belly and stretchmarks...You will very probably love your baby bump.The 1st trimester,you will probably feel like crap but the 2nd trimester you will start feeling amazing and radiant.And you will very probably get stretchmarks when youre preggo but you will also get stronger,longer nails and beautiful shiny shair and lovely skin.
Anyway this has got quite long,anyway it is normal to worry but I promise you the good outweighs the bad xxxx

Thanks Jen, more than I expected but tbh I HAVE to get over the blood test fear because I will no doubt have to have them throughout my life! Maybe being pregnant will help me get over that bit and once I have one blood test I wont be so scared. last time I had a test, i was crying :D hehe and they still managed to make it hurt! Not sure if it would hurt every time but it made me feel sick (not so much the pain, the thoughts of the needle). But nurse was very good with me. That was to see if I have any problems with my joints, came back I had "borderlining on inflammatory joints" and need another test just to double check. I still havent booked it. I get so annoyed with myself!!! My mum does hypnotherapy and I think i might see if she can help me. I know she will help me relax and stuff. Other than that tho, they can test as much of my urine as they want, doesnt bother me (just abit ewwy). U r very rite about the other things, I am kinda lookin forward to being pregnant. I think I might freak out abit tho thinkin that ther is a baby inside me. I know that sounds abit immature :)
Leigh xx

Sometimes I have days like that, when I think about all of the things I can't do while pregnant (hot tubs, drink tea or soda, although tea won't be too difficult because I'll just switch to decaf, etc) but I don't really drink all that much tea or soda, or use hot tubs, so I think I am just being over-concerned. Also, morning sickness is a little scary, and giving birth is very scary!

I know that when you are pregnant you can't really use saunas and steam rooms, or hot tubs...but does that mean you can't have hot baths? Or sit in room temperature jacuzzis? I like swimming and at the tubs we go to they have a jacuzzi the same temp as the water.
Leigh xx

You can have hot baths,as long as its not over 105 degrees (honestly love,i doubt VERY much your bath is ever 105 degrees).Dont worry,you can still have baths and room temperature jacuzzis are fine.Its just because obviously baby is living in a little sac of water so if you sit in REALLY hot water for longer than 15 minutes your baby can overheat.xx

I know what you mean hun think its only natural.

Yes part of me is scared and worries about the changes but i only have to think of that little bundle of joy and my heart melts! hehe

xx

*feels a little more relaxed" ahhh. hehe. Im just lukin around my livin room and thinkin, this is a mess, me n OH are squashed up on two seater, two cats are takin over half of the three seater, (the other half over taken by my magazines and cushions) and Im thinkin, wer is this baby going to go?! This house will need drastically sortin if we are here wen baby comes. Partly y i wana move somewer bigger. WILL learn from mistakes and organise my stuff into the house rather than leavin it so long my mum ends up packin it all n bringin it round!! this post has now become irrelavant to the topic haha. Only me!!! Sorry everyone xx

Oh heck I've wanted kids all my life but I never ever wanted to be pregnant. I have reached the stage where I want to start a family but I STILL find pregnancy unappealing. Morning sickness, stretch marks, random strangers asking you when you're due and touching your belly without asking everywhere you go, etc. I'm also HORRIFIED to think of tearing and do tons of kegels :shy: :rofl: because I read somewhere they help prevent it.

I know I want to do it anyway though, the end result (In all his/her poopy, squalling, sleepless glory) will be worth it.

yes totally:(
i really want #2 but thought it might be coming along sooner than i wanted im unsure, im scared of the out come in couple of weeks.

Thanks Jen, more than I expected but tbh I HAVE to get over the blood test fear because I will no doubt have to have them throughout my life! Maybe being pregnant will help me get over that bit and once I have one blood test I wont be so scared. last time I had a test, i was crying :D hehe and they still managed to make it hurt! Not sure if it would hurt every time but it made me feel sick (not so much the pain, the thoughts of the needle). But nurse was very good with me. That was to see if I have any problems with my joints, came back I had "borderlining on inflammatory joints" and need another test just to double check. I still havent booked it. I get so annoyed with myself!!! My mum does hypnotherapy and I think i might see if she can help me. I know she will help me relax and stuff. Other than that tho, they can test as much of my urine as they want, doesnt bother me (just abit ewwy). U r very rite about the other things, I am kinda lookin forward to being pregnant. I think I might freak out abit tho thinkin that ther is a baby inside me. I know that sounds abit immature :)
Leigh xx

i was the same, i found out i was preg at 19week so i had to have 4 blood tests at once, lol!
seriously they are fine, i was crapping bricks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->