Does anyone else NOT like being pregnant?

I have only gained 7 pounds through my entirer pregnancy so far, I have a big beautiful round belly with no stetch marks, nice plump breast with no stretch marks, I never had morning sickness . . . I LOVE being pregnant and hate nothing about it.

I don't mean to sound harsh but to 2nd time and 3rd time moms, why get pregnant if you know how much you hate it? First time moms, you should really feel lucky. I know a few people who are struggling with infertility, and they would love to feel all the things you ladies have complained about. I have had heartburn, but I don't care it's not a big deal, I have had back pain, real bad sciatic nerve pain but I honestly love every minute of it. I remember why I am feeling the discomfort and I feel happy, because once my baby is born, I will do anything for him, I will take a bullet for him, I'd give my life for him, I'd put myself through all the pain in the world so he won't feel any pain at all.

Once again, I am not being negative about this post, or saying it's horrible, I just get sad when people hate how "they look" and how "they feel" that is what pregnancy is, if you don't want to go through that then don't, you have a choice.

From the bottom of my heart I hope your pregnancies get better, and love every minute of it like I do.

You didn't offend me by your post. I feel as if anyone says anything that disagrees with the OP or what others think, they get hounded for it. I agree with your statement though and I don't think your comment was rude or out of place.:shrug:

I have only gained 7 pounds through my entirer pregnancy so far, I have a big beautiful round belly with no stetch marks, nice plump breast with no stretch marks, I never had morning sickness . . . I LOVE being pregnant and hate nothing about it.

I don't mean to sound harsh but to 2nd time and 3rd time moms, why get pregnant if you know how much you hate it? First time moms, you should really feel lucky. I know a few people who are struggling with infertility, and they would love to feel all the things you ladies have complained about. I have had heartburn, but I don't care it's not a big deal, I have had back pain, real bad sciatic nerve pain but I honestly love every minute of it. I remember why I am feeling the discomfort and I feel happy, because once my baby is born, I will do anything for him, I will take a bullet for him, I'd give my life for him, I'd put myself through all the pain in the world so he won't feel any pain at all.

Once again, I am not being negative about this post, or saying it's horrible, I just get sad when people hate how "they look" and how "they feel" that is what pregnancy is, if you don't want to go through that then don't, you have a choice.

From the bottom of my heart I hope your pregnancies get better, and love every minute of it like I do.

You didn't offend me by your post. I feel as if anyone says anything that disagrees with the OP or what others think, they get hounded for it. I agree with your statement though and I don't think your comment was rude or out of place.:shrug:

This is very true, I said something along these lines too. It seems the only replies to posts can be ones that agree which is completely unrealistic.

This is very true, I said something along these lines too. It seems the only replies to posts can be ones that agree which is completely unrealistic.

Agreed xx

No one is attacking anyone for DISAGREEING. It's for telling us how we SHOULD feel, and questioning our decision to get pregnant in the first place.

I am like snowball in that I wish I could enjoy this pregnancy because it will be my last, I do to a certain degree, like one of my status updates on fb was that I walk like a 100 year old but I love it :haha: but at the same time, I dont enjoy pregnancy because I know there is complications, I know there will be pre-eclampsia later on in pregnancy and I am terrified of each day, not knowing what the future holds.

i didnt like being pregnant on my first i had hyperemesis so my head never left the toilet, then my boiler leaked carbon dioxide (thankfully not carbon monoxide) which made the sickness worse. On my second (which was after a loss) i had bleeding in the 1st tri and a lot of pain throughout. This one has been horrendous too, again its a pregnancy after loss so im soooo grateful to still be pregnant and try not to moan about it as it took 2 years and a lot of heartache to get here. Quite often tho i do really wish babys came from the cabbage patch. I just miss being me, if that makes sense my youngest is nearly 5 so i've had a long old time of not feeling tired, sick, unattractive, miserable, fat etc. I wont ever be doing this again tho not just because its rough going but the heartache worry and stress that often comes with it is too much.

But i know this baby is soooo wanted, loved and long awaited i cant wait to meet her and bring her up. We all may feel like trash ladies but we have a lifetime of feeling great and being mum ahead of us so hang in there! Its worth it all in the end. For my self personally im most looking forward to drinking a nice cold can of coca cola and eating a chocolate bar without being sick lol.

lol if women didnt have children cos they hated pregnancy there wouldnt be nearly as many people in the world

lol if women didnt have children cos they hated pregnancy there wouldnt be nearly as many people in the world

:rofl: very true, plus I think it is a bit like labour, we just seem to forget it all

Eh...I love knowing that I AM pregnant/that there will be this wonderful baby...but I'm hating the actual experience. Exhausted, weak, headaches, dizziness, constant sickness, heart pounding, short of breath, constantly feeling starved but every food I can think of right now (apart from raw salmon, at the moment) sounds either horribly nauseating or completely inaccessible. I would happily sleep through the next six months. Wake me up for labor, please.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset anyone or get anyone to roll their eyes.

I have rib pain, hertburn, constipation, breast pain, back ache, itchiness, should i go on?
and even then I don't mind, I love it, yes I want him to be here already but I love having him in me and the pain I go through to keep him in there. I have hear from tons of girl how they miss begin pregnant after they have their baby, I just wish it was like that for
everyone. Even after the sickness and all the pregnancy downs.

I was not trying to talk down anyone. I usually don't post on these kind of posts because if someone disagrees one bit everyone decideds to attack, we are here to talk, support each other, answer questions, and give our opinions and someone often start controversial posts that not everyone is going to agree on, but that is no reason to be rude and post a face with rolling eyes. I love this site but lately it seems that if everyone does NOT agree with a post they get upset.

For me it's less about you disagreeing with the OP, and more how you go about it. It's one thing to say, "My PG is going great for me and I love it!" and saying, "I have only gained 7 pounds through my entirer pregnancy so far, I have a big beautiful round belly with no stetch marks, nice plump breast with no stretch marks, I never had morning sickness..."

You can see the difference in the two, right? The first is disagreeing, but tactful. The second, well - come on.

Thank you for apologizing... I personally wasn't offended by your post, because really this is a public forum and people are people, but it's nice that you realized how snotty your post came off and I appreciate that you admit to being wrong.

:) Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy, I hope it remains as enjoyable as it has been.

im sooo relieved to see this post. i felt exactly the same, we had been trying for ages and it is very definately planned and i'm so excited to meet my baby. However, i have been miserable, had horrendous sickness, migraines which leave me bedbound, mood swings, weight gain and seemingly all the negative things you can get associated with pregnancy.

i absolutely love that come September i will be a mum and I hope I will be able to have more children in the future, however, these last 4 months have been awful. its put a real strain on my and husband and i'm constantly moody/asleep/emotional and he doesn't know what to do right from wrong and with us both still working full time we've got allthat stress too! along with having just moved house and all the other life stresses its all just been a bit of a rollercoaster!

i fully sympathise with all of you struggling and am so relieved to see its not just me! Roll on September!x

I only admitted to those closest to me that I didn't like being pregnant. I always said it like this: "I love that I am pregnant but I hate being pregnant". The main reason was it is my first pregnancy after a loss so it was already stressful to begin with. Then I began to bleed. Every. Day. I spent my entire first trimester flat on my back thinking that each day would be the one I would lose my baby. And I nearly did on several occasions. I was diagnosed with a sub-chorionic bleed and then later, a placenta abruption. On top of that, I had the usual symptoms of morning sickness, extreme fatigue and migraine headaches. The stress and fear was the worst part. The fear was so all-consuming that when I thought I had lost the baby at 8 weeks I actually felt RELIEVED (after I had cried a bit) because the roller coaster ride was ending. Of course, I was absolutely over the moon and in total shock when the ultrasound picked up a heartbeat!

Thankfully, the physical complications have resolved, the sickness is mostly gone and I feel free to celebrate the life inside me. I actually love my bump (even when it gets in the way) so now I like being pregnant. But I am still impatient for it to be over. :winkwink:

I hate it too!! i feel sick all the time and guilty when I dont eat everything I should, cant take anything for my migraines. I cant sleep, my libido had gone out the window and I feel guilty abut it.

My social life is dead, shure I can go to a bar, but drinking juice is not like drinking beer, drunk people's conversation are stupid and even if everybody says its ok for a pregnant woman to go out, I know my friends feel weird about it. (try picking up a guy when your friend is pregnant) Besides my going-out clothes dont fit anymore and maternity wear is far from club wear.

All people do is talk baby around me...I feel like an incubator.

Im happy about the baby, really, but I wish it was over or I could get it at ikea or sears....

Hiya just popped in from 3rd tri :flower: This is exactly how I feel. It is comforting to know others feel the same and dont beat yourselves up about it. Its more common than you realise. I know I m v lucky to be expecting my LO and I cant wait to meet him and hope he arrives safe and sound but I am looking forward to not being pregnant anymore. Currently O dopnt feel that I will really want to do it again (although I am sure many woman say this and change their mind). It would help if my OH didnt mention 'the 2nd one' when discussing stuff. It's alright for him he isnt doing all the hard work lol.

xxxxxxx

No one at any point has said they dont love their baby etc but not everyone can be the same and

''have only gained 7 pounds through my entirer pregnancy so far, I have a big beautiful round belly with no stetch marks, nice plump breast with no stretch marks, I never had morning sickness . . . I LOVE being pregnant and hate nothing about it''

if we were all the same the world would be a very boring place.

If I am honest (and yes I am 35 weeks pregnant and hormonal) I find your post annoying and smug. Your lucky you feel that way and dont feel the guilt the way some of us feel. Rubbing it in doesnt help. :growlmad:

I have to say that even though this pregnancy has been one of the hardest experiences of my life I am already looking forward to the next one! Even DH has admitted to thinking about our next child already. I'm just trying to keep the end results in mind -- a beautiful, healthy baby with a lifetime of memories to create.

Whenever I feel down or worry about labour etc, my mom reminds me it doesn't last forever and that I will forget the bad things once I hold my little one.

I too have so far disliked being pregnant. Before I got pregnant I fantasized about having a cute bump and wonderful shiny hair and clear skin, and the "pregnancy glow." So far I have been dead wrong!! So far you can't tell that my bump is a baby, it just looks like I've been eating a lot of pizza. :haha: This is my first baby so I didn't really know what to expect. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love that I'm going to be a mom but this process so far has been miserable. I'm just now getting to where I'm only sick once or twice a week... before it was more like several times a day. I always had problem skin and now it's awful... my face, neck, back, shoulders, chest -- all covered in blackheads and acne. Hair is greasy (what's left of it... I've lost so much hair!). Speaking of hair I'm getting these dark hairs around my nipples and around my bellybutton. I just feel so gross.

But let me say that outside of all of that, I love the fact that I am pregnant and impatiently looking forward to the day I get to hold my little one for the first time!!!

No one at any point has said they dont love their baby etc but not everyone can be the same and

''have only gained 7 pounds through my entirer pregnancy so far, I have a big beautiful round belly with no stetch marks, nice plump breast with no stretch marks, I never had morning sickness . . . I LOVE being pregnant and hate nothing about it''

If I am honest (and yes I am 35 weeks pregnant and hormonal) I find your post annoying and smug. Your lucky you feel that way and dont feel the guilt the way some of us feel. Rubbing it in doesnt help. :growlmad:

Aww, dont be jealous! :hugs: get over it.

I don't like being pregnant, but I love being a mom and I wanted another child. That's why i chose to have another baby. I guess the reason is the same for all of us

Aww, dont be jealous! :hugs: get over it.

:nope:

Your not a particularly nice or supportive person are you.

Like some others are doing I will stop this thread now.

To the people who are supportive thanks :thumbup: your why I love this website you help me so much xxxxxx

Yes, they do indeed! In fact, ProudMumofOne, when someone tried to disagree with your thread last week, you went on the attack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->