Does anyone find it hard to get excited for their pregnancy after their loss??

Hinky-when is your next scan? Mine is 7/2

I had my scan yesterday. Different sonographer, who was able to locate a gestational sac (just the one!) with yolk sac, and fetal pole with a little flicker! :cloud9:

I will now have my next scan at 12 weeks but have had reassurance from EPAU that if I have any bleeding or pain they will see me for a scan earlier than that.

Good luck for Tuesday x

Ahhh!!! I'm so happy everything went well at your scan!! Can't wait to see the next one!!

@wyldemomma I hope all goes well!! Keep us updated!! That's one day before I am full term!

Ahhh!!! I'm so happy everything went well at your scan!! Can't wait to see the next one!!

@wyldemomma I hope all goes well!! Keep us updated!! That's one day before I am full term!

Thank you! Not long for you now, eek!!

Color-wow you are almost done! So jealous right now...It's in the 80's where I live and I can't STAND being preggo in the summer heat...I'm fine if the temps stay in the 70's but anything over 80 is just unbearable when I'm NOT pg and even worse when I am. I know I'm only 3 months but I can't control my internal thermostat when I am pg so I'm constantly way too warm. Blah...

Wylde-Hope things are still going well. How are you feeling? Hope your u/s tomorrow goes good! I've got one too to make sure my hematoma is going away/gone, so I've got my fingers we both get GREAT news.

Hinky-seeing that little flicker is the most amazing thing, isn't it? Makes everything seem so real. Glad you got to see your little bean and that things are looking good!

Ahhh!! Two more days to full term!! I just want to see her healthy face right now so I can stop worrying!! Yeah it's only 30 degrees Celsius today and I am dying!!

Can't wait to hear about ultrasounds!! I wish I had more haha!! Hope all comes back perfectly!!

Hope Wyldemomma got better news from her u/s than I did. The good news is the hematoma is gone but the bad news is my baby no longer had a heartbeat. They couldn't tell me from the u/s why my baby died but it happened very recently as the baby was measuring 13 1/2 to 14 weeks and I'm 14+3 today. :cry: I'm just devastated. I've never m/c this far along and wasn't prepared to hear this. I 'knew' something wasn't right, though, and even mentioned feeling odd about this pg to my DH last week. Guess this is why I couldn't find the nerve to tell everyone I was expecting even though it's been 3 weeks past the point I told with my ds and dd. I'm probably going to leave BnB for a while until I'm recuperated (they are scheduling me for a d&c hopefully in the next few days. kinda nervous as I've never had one but not really wanting to go thru a natural mc right now as I'm further along and hoping to go out of town next weekend.) so I won't be posting anymore for a bit. Just wanted to thank all of you ladies for your support and encouragement these last few weeks. It's meant a great deal to me. Hope the rest of you pg ladies have a wonderful pregnancy, an easy delivery, and a healthy happy baby to enjoy! I'm going to go hug my two precious miracles.

Hope Wyldemomma got better news from her u/s than I did. The good news is the hematoma is gone but the bad news is my baby no longer had a heartbeat. They couldn't tell me from the u/s why my baby died but it happened very recently as the baby was measuring 13 1/2 to 14 weeks and I'm 14+3 today. :cry: I'm just devastated. I've never m/c this far along and wasn't prepared to hear this. I 'knew' something wasn't right, though, and even mentioned feeling odd about this pg to my DH last week. Guess this is why I couldn't find the nerve to tell everyone I was expecting even though it's been 3 weeks past the point I told with my ds and dd. I'm probably going to leave BnB for a while until I'm recuperated (they are scheduling me for a d&c hopefully in the next few days. kinda nervous as I've never had one but not really wanting to go thru a natural mc right now as I'm further along and hoping to go out of town next weekend.) so I won't be posting anymore for a bit. Just wanted to thank all of you ladies for your support and encouragement these last few weeks. It's meant a great deal to me. Hope the rest of you pg ladies have a wonderful pregnancy, an easy delivery, and a healthy happy baby to enjoy! I'm going to go hug my two precious miracles.

I am so sorry, you must be heartbroken :cry: Sometimes fate can be so cruel. Cuddle your little ones tight and take care of yourself. I hope the D&C is not too awful; I would make the same choice as you I think about that. Hope to see you on here again when you are ready. Take it easy xxx

Thanks. I was just numb yesterday and now today the sadness is hitting a little harder. More tears, hugs from my kids, etc. Getting antsy because the dr's office hasn't called with my appt time yet and I just want it over. Hope to hear from them soon and if not, I'm calling in this afternoon. I need to set up a sitter for my kids and get a ride so the sooner I know the better. Plus, I really don't want to miscarry naturally this time. I'm 5 weeks further along than my other m/c and it hurt badly enough then. And who really wants to deal with a m/c while their young kids are watching? Not me.

Thanks. I was just numb yesterday and now today the sadness is hitting a little harder. More tears, hugs from my kids, etc. Getting antsy because the dr's office hasn't called with my appt time yet and I just want it over. Hope to hear from them soon and if not, I'm calling in this afternoon. I need to set up a sitter for my kids and get a ride so the sooner I know the better. Plus, I really don't want to miscarry naturally this time. I'm 5 weeks further along than my other m/c and it hurt badly enough then. And who really wants to deal with a m/c while their young kids are watching? Not me.

Dairy I am so unbelievably sorry for your loss. I am at a loss of words because as all of us on this forum know, there is nothing that you can really say to make it better.

Thanks Wylde. I've been thinking of you alot lately and really hoping your pregnancy is going really well. I feel like I have all this leftover hope for a healthy pregnancy for myself and instead of it going to waste, I'm going to spread it out to all you other ladies. :) So help yourself to an extra dose, alright? hehe (trying to inject humor so I don't cry...)

Anyway, I'm doing better now that I'm not freaking out about the physical pain part of a natural m/c. I have some of those nice pain pills that knock you out for an hour after you take them and plan to use them if/when the pains start to get bad. And we are only 25 minutes from the nearest ER if I need to go in. Really really hoping to make it to my D&C appt though but it's probably going to be on Tuesday and I've typically m/c within a week of the baby stopping development which would be in the next few days. So we'll see how the weekend goes and go from there.

That is just devastating!! I can't imagine the pain you are going through... Especially because you got so far along in your pregnancy... That's so shocking :( you are in my thoughts and prayers!!

Thanks Color. It's pretty junky and dealing with the dr's offices since Tuesday has only added to my rollercoaster of a week. But I'm getting a little better every day and I know once (if) I get the D&C, I'll be even better as I can start healing physically not just mentally and emotionally.Hoping to have a little break after this so I can get some pretty extensive testing done (NK cells, hysteroscopy, maybe even some genetic testing on myself). Waiting to talk to the dr before going into any of that but I'm sticking to my guns. Something is wrong here and I'm not going to rest until I know what's going on.

Oh and happy Full Term! Just noticed you are 37 weeks now. Yay!

Thanks Color. It's pretty junky and dealing with the dr's offices since Tuesday has only added to my rollercoaster of a week. But I'm getting a little better every day and I know once (if) I get the D&C, I'll be even better as I can start healing physically not just mentally and emotionally.Hoping to have a little break after this so I can get some pretty extensive testing done (NK cells, hysteroscopy, maybe even some genetic testing on myself). Waiting to talk to the dr before going into any of that but I'm sticking to my guns. Something is wrong here and I'm not going to rest until I know what's going on.

We went through all that before this pregnancy and I think it is just as emotionally draining unfortunately. I think what the drs don't understand is that you want them to find something WRONG so you have answers. I know you want to take a break from the forums but please keep us posted on your recovery. I can't speak for everyone but I know sometimes it just nice to cent it out. Still thinking about you girl!

I totally understand how you would want to figure out what's going on. Especially since it has happened more than once. And now this late in the pregnancy? A lot of times around 12 weeks, things happen because hormone levels start switching from the corpus luteum to the placenta. Sometimes the hard part is finding out why this is happening. Once you find out, a lot of the time it is really easy to correct. I hope you find out what is wrong... I also hope your rainbow baby comes when you are ready for it! Mine helped me cope but everyone is different. And thank you!! Yes! Finally full term!! Still not counting my chickens before they hatch though! Until I hear that first cry and all her tests come back normal, I think I will continue to be skeptical. It seems as though everything that happens is a sign of her not doing well. Like my mom had this thing where her placenta randomly stopped working (not sure what it was called) and I have a lot of the signs that go along with it. Eg: lazy baby, not gaining weight, uterus not growing... It certainly is nerve wracking. I just hope I find out soon how she is doing.

i'm so sorry dairymomma :hug:

i was 12+3 when i found out my first baby had died and i had to wait from a Friday to the Tuesday because it was a bank holiday weekend and it was the worst 5 days of my life :cry: like you I dreaded the process starting naturally - in a sense it was a relief when the day came, i found it impossible to start getting over my loss while i was still carrying my child...

i hope you get the answers you need to help move on in time and you get your rainbow baby when you are ready :hugs: xxx

I will certainly keep y'all updated as I find things out. Actually thinking I'll just push for the hysteroscopy for now and try some natural things on the side. I want to get my mineral levels checked. Alot of research I've found on natural treatments points to low levels of things like calcium, selenium, and iodine as possible causes for recurrent miscarriage. At this point, I feel like I'm grasping at straws but I can't afford to do all the medical testing I want so I'm going to do what I can for now and see what happens. And thank you all for the support. I can't say it enough, how much it means to me. Especially since it's looking like this thing started here at home this morning. I've been cramping (light period cramps that are s-l-o-w-l-y getting stronger) and wiping pinkish brown cm since mid-morning. Trying to get things moving a bit faster by walking, sitting on my exercise ball, etc All the things that helped my labors with my dd and ds but no luck so far. Looking to be a LONG night...Not upset with the doctor anymore but I still wish they had been more up front about the wait times on phone calls and scheduling. And kept me updated more. The communication was so bad and it made my last week so much worse.

We are all here for you!! It's a hard thing to go through... I lost my baby between 5-6 weeks along and I still can't seem to get over it. I can't even imagine the pain associated this far along in the pregnancy. I am so sorry you may not get your D&C... Maybe it is a blessing in disguise though? I know for me, holding my little baby in the amniotic sac really helped me cope. My friend had a miscarriage at 12 weeks and got to find out the sex and hold her little girl and take pics. It helped her cope too. Everyone is different with how they cope. I hope you know that if you ever need to talk, all of us are here for you. Feel free to personal message if you want as well. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

I will certainly keep y'all updated as I find things out. Actually thinking I'll just push for the hysteroscopy for now and try some natural things on the side. I want to get my mineral levels checked. Alot of research I've found on natural treatments points to low levels of things like calcium, selenium, and iodine as possible causes for recurrent miscarriage. At this point, I feel like I'm grasping at straws but I can't afford to do all the medical testing I want so I'm going to do what I can for now and see what happens. And thank you all for the support. I can't say it enough, how much it means to me. Especially since it's looking like this thing started here at home this morning. I've been cramping (light period cramps that are s-l-o-w-l-y getting stronger) and wiping pinkish brown cm since mid-morning. Trying to get things moving a bit faster by walking, sitting on my exercise ball, etc All the things that helped my labors with my dd and ds but no luck so far. Looking to be a LONG night...Not upset with the doctor anymore but I still wish they had been more up front about the wait times on phone calls and scheduling. And kept me updated more. The communication was so bad and it made my last week so much worse.

Hi, hope everything is okay with you. Have you got OH there with you?

Keeping you in my thoughts and sending you lots of :hugs: and strength xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->