Does Anyone Have Either the M&P Ultima or Silver Cross Classic Sleepover?

midori1999

Reaction score
I have ages to go yet, but really like both these pushcahirs and wonder if anyone has either of them and what you find the pros and cons are?

Thanks.

I have the SX Sleepover. I've ended up buying a second pram (SX 3D) due to its major dissadvantage below, but is great for a whole host of reasons.

PROS
Very roomy & a more 'traditional' pram. LO will be able to be in the pram mode for a lot longer than she will be in her 3D as it is so spacious. The pushchair option also has a parent facing method which is nice if you like it that way. The suspension is fantastic (have the classic chasis) so great for smooth rides. It also converts into a moses basket so handy if you spend a lot of time away from home.

CONS
Very big! Have to store in my boot as won't fit in the house & you have to remove the top and wheels from the chassis to fit it in the boot. Won't even fit in OHs car & I can't get anything else in hence why I got the 3D. When I put LO into her pushchair, the Sleepover will more than likely become redundant as you still have to dismantle it whereas my 3D will just pop up & down with ease.

So if you have the room and don't mind the inconvenience of constructing/deconstructing pram everytime you go out, then its well worth it! :thumbup:

Thanks ever so much. Do you mind me asking what colour you got it in?

I like the look of both, but the Silver Cross appeals to me more as I feel the quality is probably better than the M&P and also we will be moving house when baby is still tiny, so I like the idea of being able to use it for sleeping at first too.

I did expect to have to buy a second smaller/easier pushchair for some trips out/shopping etc due to the size of it, but that is fine and I do lots of walking from home with the dogs anyway. I shouldn't have to fold it down to get it in the house as we have/will have plenty of room.

We have a Zafira, do you think it is likely to fit into the boot of that without too much dismantling? Also, is the carrycot eay to get off the chassis? It looks it on the website, but some reviews have suggested it's fiddly.

Thanks again.

Hi hun i went and got the silvercross sleepover but i got the linear chassis. However when i was at the showroom we tried it in my dads boot with the classic chassis. My dad has an x type jag and we had absolutely no problems at all fitting it in and there was still room for bags etc. Only reason i picked linear was when i tried classic it was quite heavy for me to turn etc as i will be doing a lot of walking but different for everyone.

Hope you get the pram you want hun :)
any questions feel free to pm me

x

Hi I've got the M&P Ultima, although it takes up a lot of boot space and wont even fit in some car boots I love it. It is so useful, we used the carrycot as a pram and then on the surefix stand indoors for daytime naps.

The car seats are heavy and awkward to fit if you dont buy the surefix car base to put them on. But they look very comfy for baby and mine always slept well in it when we were out and about.

The older baby seat is a good size and comfortably fits a toddler, we would still use it with ours if we weren't expecting baby number two who will need the ultima now.

The other thing I'll mention is the M&P 03 Sport if you wanted something with better suspension for longer walks etc. We have this for our toddler and its brilliant, you can also make it into a travel system by using with the Primo Viaggio. It works out a LOT cheaper than the ultima too if cost is something you are looking at.

I have the Ultima and it's fab!! It's easy to use, steers well, is very versatile and seems cosy to LO. I love how you get a little stand to set each piece on - Aaron is asleep in the carrycot right now. I think it's also great how everything can face either in or out too.

The downsides are its expensive new (but we bought from ebay, ex display) the car seat is really heavy on its own (so I always need the chassis, DH doesn't) and the chassis is quite big so check it fits in your carboot - I have an A3 Sportback and it's fits in with a whisker to spare if you angle the handlebar up.

Sorry its taken me a while to reply! Didn't see the thread hid in this forum. :wacko:

Thanks ever so much. Do you mind me asking what colour you got it in?
I got it in cream. Not my chosen colour but mum bought it off eBay and its the one she liked. Very girly whereas I think the marine colour (although blue) is more unisex.

I like the look of both, but the Silver Cross appeals to me more as I feel the quality is probably better than the M&P and also we will be moving house when baby is still tiny, so I like the idea of being able to use it for sleeping at first too.
Its a godsend for that! We usually take the pram with us whenever we're going away for the night as it actually saves room in that respect with not having to pack a puschair and moses basket.

I did expect to have to buy a second smaller/easier pushchair for some trips out/shopping etc due to the size of it, but that is fine and I do lots of walking from home with the dogs anyway. I shouldn't have to fold it down to get it in the house as we have/will have plenty of room.
If we had the room in our house, I would have been a lot happier with the pram for longer. Unfortunatly, we live in a smal house that doesn't have the facility to store a big pram.

We have a Zafira, do you think it is likely to fit into the boot of that without too much dismantling? Also, is the carrycot eay to get off the chassis? It looks it on the website, but some reviews have suggested it's fiddly.
Just googled your car & I'd say (without knowing boot size) you wouldn't have to go through the hastle of removing wheels. I have to in my car as the boot wouldn't shut. TBH, the first few weeks I could have kicked the pram & chucked it in a river as it took me a while to get the knack of removing and attaching the chassis to the base whereas OH picked it up quickly. After I got the knack (have to remember to lift both leavers at the same time & lift up evenly) its a piece of cake!

Hope that covers everything hun. Would be happy to answer anymore questions x

Thanks very much for the help ladies. :thumbup:

We finally managed to see a display model of the Silver Cross today and had another look at the Ultima too. We've decided on the Ultima for a few reasons, although both of the fabrics we like are discontinued. (linear and polka) My husband and I can't agree which we prefer and although both are available still for now, they won't be for long. I prefer the Polka as we are having a girl. He prefers Linea. He said I could choose, but I felt guilty, so I said we'd toss a coin. I won, but I still feel guilty. :haha:

We finally managed to see a display model of the Silver Cross today and had another look at the Ultima too. We've decided on the Ultima for a few reasons, although both of the fabrics we like are discontinued. (linear and polka) My husband and I can't agree which we prefer and although both are available still for now, they won't be for long. I prefer the Polka as we are having a girl. He prefers Linea. He said I could choose, but I felt guilty, so I said we'd toss a coin. I won, but I still feel guilty. :haha:

I have the polka and I love it!! Have you bought yet? I'm not sure if it'd be an option for you but we bought ours from eBay, a retailer selling 'second hand' but honest to God, it was as new, ex display if that. We only paid £225, and as you know the Ultima (with all the bits that came with it) was over £800

:thumbup:

I have the polka and I love it!! Have you bought yet? I'm not sure if it'd be an option for you but we bought ours from eBay, a retailer selling 'second hand' but honest to God, it was as new, ex display if that. We only paid £225, and as you know the Ultima (with all the bits that came with it) was over £800

Thankyou. I haven't bought it yet. It is hard tio tell the proper colour from the website/online, is it grey with lighter grey/white spots?

My husband is worried about the pram liner being white in case it starts to look grubby. I think I am going to give in and we'll get the linear. (he never gets his own way. :haha: )

The shop we saw it in have an ex display, but I'm not sure as I am worried about the car seat having been knocked about a bit, so I think we'd want a new car seat anyway.

Both are still available on the M&P site for now, just not the accessories, but the shop has the linear changing bag/footmuff and ebay has a new footmuff with tags for the polka at the moment. Decisions, decisions...

Thankyou. I haven't bought it yet. It is hard tio tell the proper colour from the website/online, is it grey with lighter grey/white spots?

My husband is worried about the pram liner being white in case it starts to look grubby. I think I am going to give in and we'll get the linear. (he never gets his own way. :haha: )

The shop we saw it in have an ex display, but I'm not sure as I am worried about the car seat having been knocked about a bit, so I think we'd want a new car seat anyway.

Both are still available on the M&P site for now, just not the accessories, but the shop has the linear changing bag/footmuff and ebay has a new footmuff with tags for the polka at the moment. Decisions, decisions...

Yeah it's dark grey with light grey / silver spots, but they can sort of look light blue, depending what you want to see if that makes sense! It's definitely unisex, if we have a girl next I'd have no problems using it for her too. Our carrycot is light grey on the inside, is that the bit you mean? We've used ours every day (he sleeps in it during the day) and it's not got grubby, but then we tend to use the carseat attachment on the chassis when we go out as the carrycot is so bulky and he seems so cosy in it! Literally without fail he sleeps in the carseat, for hours if you let him - he adores it! As soon as you put him in he flashes a huge gummy grin, like he knows it means we're going out and he'll be snug as a bug! I defo recommend buying the raincover for the carseat, we just bought one recently and its proven invaluable as the fabric isn't waterproof. They sell it either in the M&Ps shop for £18 or Very stock it too at £19 (so check your Quidco cashback if you use it and discount codes) but there are 'universal' ones which I can't vouch for.

Whatever style you go with is gorgeous! I've seen loads of people with both styles and I always spot them as they look so nice :)

xx

Thankyou.

We ordered the Polka. It arrived this afternoon! Just going to have dinner then unpack it to check it over and stare at it! :blush: :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->