Does anyone NOT celebrate Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Neecee

Myself and my immediate family don't celebrate christmas. Now there's a baby on the way, a lot of my friends are asking if we're gonna celebrate it for the sake of our son. When I say no, I get comments like "oh, that's mean" or "oh, so no father christmas then?"

I think the thing that confuses them the most is the fact that I'm a Christian and I don't celebrate christmas. I see it more as a season to get together with my family and friends and people I haven't seen all year, rather than the whole Santa-presents-food-drink-tv thing that goes on these days.

Just wondering if anyone else doesn't celebrate it and why...

I do.. but I grew up with a girl who didn't celebrate anything, although she was a Jehovah's Witness.. (not sure if I spelt that right).. so it was basically her religion not to celebrate.

sometimes I personally question celebrating Christmas as my brothers (17 and 19) don't care about the family aspect of it, they just want their presents. I know I was probably like that when I was little, but these days, I don't care what I do or don't get, I just like to be able to sit around with my family.

I work with a guy who calls it "seasonal vacation" as he can't stand christmas and isn't religious in the slightest!!!!!!!
Does that count?

I work with a guy who calls it "seasonal vacation" as he can't stand christmas and isn't religious in the slightest!!!!!!!
Does that count?

Yeah, I guess I sort of see the season as a 'seasonal vacation' too.

My OH is the same...because his family are not in this country he doesn't see the point in doing anything...as he puts it...its a family thingx

i celebrate christmas but i wanted to tell u that i think what u say makes a whole lot of sence of just getting together with family and it all to not be focused on santa and ect ect

I've grew up with it but my OH (stircrazy) has not ...SCs parents are jehovah's witnesses however Stu isn't. Stu has and does celebrate birthday, christmas etc to a certain level but isn't fussed because hes not grown up with it so more of a what hes use to than a religous facter but I grew up with it.

Christmas for me ....hmmmm! It was always something to look forward too when I was younger I was fostered and love it, the fun as a kid etc prezzies, my fav dinner and I was allowed a babycham but I was also taken to church as I grew up minus a family I use to want Christmas with a family I always felt quite lonely!

I have a little family of my own now I want to do these days just like I remember with my foster family.

"Seasonal vacation" haha thats quite funny!

Neecee thats wrong btw for people to make those comments. Because of the above I do feel :( my lil girl doesn't have grand parents to make this day as I remember as a kid because my Mum & Dad are wasters BUT I comepletly respect the fact that this is their beliefs and I'd have NO right to tell them or my OHs sisters (who have kids) what people have said to you :shock: I don't even think it so ..... Cheeky people!

In a religious sense, we dont either.
We do the whole presents thing but never spend too much.
I see it as time off work to spend with your family though thats not really happened since i moved up here as my family is so far away and Robs family are always elsewhere.

Me + my whole family get together for Christmas every year but tbh i'm not fussed over it to much but i know i will be making an effort my my little man an my OH since he thinks Christmas is the best time of the year :dohh: :rofl: xx

i dont celebrate christamas, im a jehovahs witness.
if i wasnt i still wouldnt have christmas
i had many friends in college who didnt, muslims, hindus, jewish, just because...

I wasnt going to have Christmas this year becuase it was just me and OH but we are going to my Dads now which is going to be more of a family get to gether thing then anything.

i love christmas, think there's something really magical about it. When i was young we would all go to my nannas for xmas day, the whole family and it was always a lovely day, now that we're all grown up and there's far too many of us we dont do that anymore and i quite miss it actually. Its was probably one of the only times of year that we all got together and apart from the presents it made my xmas.

my nan doesnt celebrate christmas and for a while as a child i didnt either because we were jehovah's witnesses, my nan still is a jehovahs witness and has been for over 40 years now i think, i think its terrible when friends say stuff like that about you not celebrating, your child wont miss out on anything, when i was a jehovahs witness i got given presents at dfferent times of the year and got just as much if not more than other children did, i hate when people judge others decisions its not like you are not celebrating christmas just to upset children there are good valid reasons behind it and people should respect your beleifs as you respect theirs

I don't think Christmas is Jesus' birthday, and view this time of year more as a time to be with my family. It's nice to get together for dinner and have a nice day with friends/family. I do like presents, I must admit. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"