Does England really hate Scotland?

Lighten up! :lol: It made me laugh. It's just a joke :shrug:

Telling someone to 'Lighten up' is really rude.. Just because I didn't find it funny, and you did, there is absolutely no need for this comment.

This is something that I am passionate about. Often the desire for independence is lumped together with some kind of anti- English sentiment or aggression. It is not the case for most people and it detracts from the issue as a whole.

It's the Simpsons! Where would we be in life if we took everything so seriously? My husband is Scottish and he thinks it's funny.

It's the Simpsons! Where would we be in life if we took everything so seriously? My husband is Scottish and he thinks it's funny.

Good on him. I don't as I said right back at the start of this conversation. And as I said, this is a very serious issue for me.

I don't think it's funny either.

& Ozzie I've seen you get really defensive when people say something negative about America so idk why you think its funny and okay to do it about someone elses country :wacko:

I'm from Canada :) I had no idea that people in England/Scotland had any sort of feuding :( That's really a shame.

The vast majority of people from England and Scotland just silently get on with things and have no problem with each other. It's the vocal and typing-diarrhoea obsessives (Daily Fail commenters, anyone??) that get disproportionate attention and make people think there's a huge war or something!

I'm from Canada :) I had no idea that people in England/Scotland had any sort of feuding :( That's really a shame.

I dont think we do in general. Just the occassional person.

Well to be honest i though it was always everyone hated the English, I always heard people say, the Irish hate the English, The Scottish hate the English and the Welsh hate the English. I know a few people who said to either me or my husband, well at least he inst English. referring to the fact he is Scottish and I am welsh, also my husband when he visits family in Ireland made sure he had Scottish plates on the car as he was told if they think its an English car it will get damaged.

In reality do people really feel that way? I have no idea, my dad is English, Im welsh, my husband is Scottish, i clearly have no issues lol!

Aw I see. It's like that here too, with the French and the English. See, these spats spread to the colonies too :wacko:

Aw I see. It's like that here too, with the French and the English. See, these spats spread to the colonies too :wacko:

I am on another forum and they did a poll of who the English hate the most (I think there is me and about four other women and thousands of men so you can see why such silly threads come about) and the French come out top :wacko:

I am on another forum and they did a poll of who the English hate the most (I think there is me and about four other women and thousands of men so you can see why such silly threads come about) and the French come out top :wacko:

That doesn't bode well for me and OH then, he's French and I'm English :haha: He is arrogant though and I'm a sarcastic cowbag at times, both traits of our native countries then :rofl:

about the clock, I live in daylight saving time zone (in U.S.) Fall back, Spring forward. In the fall, we turn our clock back in hour and in the spring, we turn our clock one hour ahead. Every year. Started by Ben Franklin, I think but President Bush decided to change the DST because he felt it would be greener that way.

That doesn't bode well for me and OH then, he's French and I'm English :haha: He is arrogant though and I'm a sarcastic cowbag at times, both traits of our native countries then :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl:

Any arguments, get a paddling pool between you and you can pretend your on opposite sides of the channel :haha:

:rofl: :rofl:

Any arguments, get a paddling pool between you and you can pretend your on opposite sides of the channel :haha:

:rofl: Good idea, we can use Louis' from the summer! :haha:

:rofl: paddling pool channel!!

deafgal that's exactly the setup we have here for daylight saving time, spring forward (to GMT+1 hour), fall back (back to GMT).

Obviously no matter what time the clocks say it is, we get depressingly short daylight hours in winter, the further north you go the more extreme it gets - nothing can change that! :flow:

about the clock, I live in daylight saving time zone (in U.S.) Fall back, Spring forward. In the fall, we turn our clock back in hour and in the spring, we turn our clock one hour ahead. Every year. Started by Ben Franklin, I think but President Bush decided to change the DST because he felt it would be greener that way.

people have been observing DST for much longer than the time of Ben Franklin

yep although the feud between french and english in quebec is a bit different. the one between the rest of Canada and Quebec (eg, QC has its own special laws, and can use not withstanding clause to not subject themselves to other laws which they don't find appropriate for QC etc.) is much more comparable to the hate relationship between England and Scotland

ETA: I grew up as an anglo in Quebec and have lived in the UK for the last 5 years.

IN real life I've NEVER experienced or seen any hatred going English to Scottish. I have however seen PLENTY from Scots directed at the English... so from what I have seen I would say the opposite is true xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->