Does England really hate Scotland?

^^^ I think you probably see it more when you are the one on the receiving end! Having lived/ travelled/ worked/ holidayed in England I have been on the receiving end of lots of pretty unpleasant 'Scottish' related comments. Interestingly, it has been more marked the further South you travel.

No, we're just jealous of your free uni places and Tory free government! In terms of the clocks, there are many reasons for not changing the clocks down south but I agree it would be hard for Scotland. Would a separate time zone be a better answer? It works in many other countries X

No, we're just jealous of your free uni places and Tory free government! In terms of the clocks, there are many reasons for not changing the clocks down south but I agree it would be hard for Scotland. Would a separate time zone be a better answer? It works in many other countries X

time zone is what I was thinking about. my sister lives in two states from me but her time zone is always different

surely it would be so much easier to just turn the clocks back and forward than introduce a new time zone?

time zone is what I was thinking about. my sister lives in two states from me but her time zone is always different

Time zones generally work in a vertical way and not horizontal, it seems silly to have a different time zone, let's just not change what we already do!

those vertical lines are not always straight, they can stretch alittle bit hortizontal if they have to.

They would have to do a whole 180 before Scotland and England were in a different time zone!!

I'm English and lived in Scotland for 18 months, my DH is English too and still works up there. Holly has a Scottish birth certificate because she was born there. I was up in Aberdeen so we had a lot of darkness!

It was always a bit of banter that the Scots hate the English, but they'd never say it to your face. It was more noticable in the media, like when there were England sport games on the papers would cheer for the other side, that kind of thing. Also, when that Jade bird didn't go through on X factor - DH said there was a bitter media frenzy :haha:

A lot of English people seem to hate the Scots too. My Dad hates it up there, I think he was glad when I moved back here, even if it was to Yorkshire :haha: I'm a londoner and find that there's a huge north/south divide too. My DH hates the south, and I'm always getting suvverner comments chucked at me!

I love Scotland, I really want to move back there. Great scenery, free prescriptions, free uni (at the moment), great people. What's not to love? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->