Double buggy result!

Cat

Reaction score
Well last night Iwent to babyland to check out the phil & ted double buggy that I was so set on getting and . . .

I hated it! Im so glad I took Noah with me to try it out. Firstly when you have a newborn and toddler in it you have the toddler sitting on the double add on on the top of the main chair which is folded down flat for the baby. Good idea! but its a very high seating position so when I tried to put the little rain flap bbit forward his head was pressing against it and the flap at the front covered his face so he couldnt see! this is without even trying the actually raincover which sits on this too, so it would be impossile to use a raincover on this set up! Then I tried putting Noah on the bottom add on seat where you but the second child when using it for two toddlers, is was really fiddly trying to get noah in this, not helped by the flimsy and akward belts, and once he was in because its right on ground level he sat there holding on to the wheels with his fingers between the spokes :shock: If Ihad started wheeling him round Iwould have taken his fingers off! Plus he was really not impressed at being stuck there unable to see anything other than the seat in front and sreamed his head off. It seems like this buggy is so desperate to be able to accomodate anything that is it unable to satisfy any of them properly.

But all was not lost, as they also had my second choice buggy there, The Jane Powertwin, now this buggy is something else! it looks deceptivly long, but when I stod our existing single buggy next to it which they also sold, it was only about 2 inches longer. Its excellent construction and alround ticks all the boxes So we have decided to go for this one. Now the only decision we have to make is which colour, grey, red or blue.
Opinions please!
https://www.johnstonprams.co.uk/cat152_1.htm - view here

i prefer grey i think :? but also like red :?

both nice dont like blue though

oh but then again you are having another boy :?

im no help lol

ok my final decidion is blue :D

ps that is terrible about his finger :o how dangerous

are you going to for the one where you can have the car seat so you can see the new baby and then when he/she is older you can put it into a push chair? i would say the blue

nah we already have the car seat that noah used to have. Plus you can recline the rear seat flat for newborns anyway

I say blue i like that one best!
x

have u advised Kina of this as she has this buggy, and the thought of poor Ella getting her fingers caught, fills me with dread.

If its 2 boys-definitley blue :D

a woman at school has this pram, its great, i love it!

i think red :D

I dont like the phil and ted one, its not very well thought out at all and there is no way i would put a child of any age in the seat so close to the ground.

xx

I was always sceptical about the underneath child, it looks soo restrictive :D

i just keep thinking, what if it rains? that seat is very close to the ground so it could easliy get splashed with water from shoes or puddles, i know its prob water proof but i still dont fancy the idea of it, it must be damp

xx

Kina said:

have you tryed yours out with Ella in it?

how do you find it?
i have spoke to a few mums that have it. they either HATE IT OR LOVE IT

Tried it out a few months ago and thought it was fine, it's at the inlaws at the moment so I'll get it back down and retry it again now Ella is bigger and see what I think. If it's awful I'll just have to sell it and buy a different one :(

Kina if u have to sell, they do hold their money well-ie u will get what u paid for it as they are popular :D

you might end up loving it though?

so many people hate my quinny zapp but i love it its great

Eeek sorry Kina! its def worth trying to put Ella in the top seat ontop of the flat baby it if you know what Imean, and see if her head clears the attached hood bit, cause like i said with Noah it cant be used at all, so the raincover wount work either. They do do mud gards for the wheels, but noahs hands went right round the wheels so he could stick his hands under then too, so I really dont know a way round that one. he just sat there using the wheels as arm rests.

Cat said:
Eeek sorry Kina! its def worth trying to put Ella in the top seat ontop of the flat baby it if you know what Imean, and see if her head clears the attached hood bit, cause like i said with Noah it cant be used at all, so the raincover wount work either. They do do mud gards for the wheels, but noahs hands went right round the wheels so he could stick his hands under then too, so I really dont know a way round that one. he just sat there using the wheels as arm rests.

I know that some of the P&Ts were recalled in the states because there was a problem with children being able to touch the wheels, therefore risking injury. If I try Ella out in it again and that's the case I'll take it back to the shop and try kicking up a stink ;)

my bugaboo seems boring now :cry:

I woudl go for red but then I love that colour,eeek about fingers my blood went cold.

Bex

deffo Blue as ur having a boy and noah

oh poor lil kiddies fingers wen ever i see one of em now im gonna panic bout the poor kid

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->