Dream Interpretation (now with rune casting)!

Oh cowgirl's dream made me think of a dream I had back in college that I've never been able to get out of my head because it frightened me so much.

I was sleeping in my bed and the dream was actually set in my bedroom. I dreamt that I had woken up and there was a little girl in the room. Her face was burned. And she was trying to hold my hand and calling me her mommy (mind you, I wasn't even in a serious relationship at this point, and TTC was not even close to being on my radar).

Anyway, I just remember being so afraid of her. I didn't want her to touch me. I looked at her and saw pure evil. She started to cry and was still calling me mommy. And I just kept saying I'm not your mom and trying to move away from her. I woke up then. I was still expecting her to show up because it was exactly where my dream took place. I couldn't go back to sleep that night I was terrified. It doesn't even sound like a scary dream. But for some reason the feeling of fear that I had overpowered everything.

Oh cowgirl's dream made me think of a dream I had back in college that I've never been able to get out of my head because it frightened me so much.

I was sleeping in my bed and the dream was actually set in my bedroom. I dreamt that I had woken up and there was a little girl in the room. Her face was burned. And she was trying to hold my hand and calling me her mommy (mind you, I wasn't even in a serious relationship at this point, and TTC was not even close to being on my radar).

Anyway, I just remember being so afraid of her. I didn't want her to touch me. I looked at her and saw pure evil. She started to cry and was still calling me mommy. And I just kept saying I'm not your mom and trying to move away from her. I woke up then. I was still expecting her to show up because it was exactly where my dream took place. I couldn't go back to sleep that night I was terrified. It doesn't even sound like a scary dream. But for some reason the feeling of fear that I had overpowered everything.

Dreams like this seem to be common in children and adolescents. The child probably represents a "monster", rather than an actual child. Dreams about monsters or things that scare the daylights out of you are common in children and young people who are going out into the world for the first time. Everything is new and scary and dangerous. The vision of burned people in particular suggests fears of a new phase in your life.

Given that you were in college at the time, I think the whole thing (while frickin' terrifying) was probably just representative of all the changes, stress, and fears for the future that typically go on at that time in someone's life.

Hm. Interesting. Thanks for the input GP. Makes a lot of sense!

Yeah, that one's a weird one! Could've just been from something you'd seen on TV recently, or it could have just been a random nightmare? I mean, I'm not sure there aren't dreams out there that are just crazy dreams with no hidden meanings!

During the peak time of wild stuff happening in my house growing up, sometimes I would have paranormal experiences that would begin in my nightmares. Like I would dream that there was a black shadow with red eyes at the foot of my bed tugging on my blankets, then it would rip the blankets off. And I would wake up with a start, and find my blanket against the wall across from the foot of my bed, but my top sheet still on me like normal.

I'm not saying you had the ghost of a burn victim in your room, but... freaky.

It was definitely not something I had seen on tv otherwise I would have chalked it up to that. But it stays with me to this day as the most terrifying dream/nightmare I ever had even though I've had nightmares with much scarier things happening (weird stuff like court jesters kidnapping me in a horse carriage. Locking me someplace underground. Fighting for my life with a knife :rofl:).

Anyway, I once told my sister about it and she told me she had dreams with creepy kids too.

Also, speaking of paranormal stuff (whoa at shadow with red eyes :argh:). I recently had a sleep paralysis experience which was also terrifying. I was lying in bed my husband was sleeping next to me. I awoke from some normal dream that I can't remember. But I couldn't move. I couldn't talk. I felt like something was there holding me down. I wanted to lift the covers but as hard as I tried I couldn't move. I started to hyperventilate and strangely enough that woke me fully. I went and cowered in my husband's arms lol.

I have sleep paralysis coupled with terror-hallucinations. It's a symptom of narcolepsy, which I think I may have a mild case of. It's the worst.

Over the past two nights, I've had a dream about being an intergalactic zombie hunter. The first night, I was the leader of some task force that was going to different planets to stomp out the zombie problem we'd been having. The zombies weren't super scary, and I was weirdly nonchalant about shooting them with my laser crossbow. They were sort of like space landmines - they stayed in one place and probably could have only infected someone if the person or alien had walked right into them. That night, all of the inhabitants of the planets my group stopped on were humans.

Last night, the dream continued. Again, we went from planet to planet hunting zombies. The only difference was that some of the planets had aliens instead of just people. Nothing particularly scary. I don't think I actually found/killed any zombies last night. The only disturbing part was that one of the houses we went to had a severely depressed alien guy living there, and his house had become a hoarder house. It was covered in bugs and I was super grossed out. Also, the zombies had eaten the depressed alien's pet hamster. Another weird thing was that the teleportation device we were using to get from planet to planet was old and rickety, and I was annoyed and wanted it replaced with a newer model.

Over the past two nights, I've had a dream about being an intergalactic zombie hunter. The first night, I was the leader of some task force that was going to different planets to stomp out the zombie problem we'd been having. The zombies weren't super scary, and I was weirdly nonchalant about shooting them with my laser crossbow. They were sort of like space landmines - they stayed in one place and probably could have only infected someone if the person or alien had walked right into them. That night, all of the inhabitants of the planets my group stopped on were humans.

Last night, the dream continued. Again, we went from planet to planet hunting zombies. The only difference was that some of the planets had aliens instead of just people. Nothing particularly scary. I don't think I actually found/killed any zombies last night. The only disturbing part was that one of the houses we went to had a severely depressed alien guy living there, and his house had become a hoarder house. It was covered in bugs and I was super grossed out. Also, the zombies had eaten the depressed alien's pet hamster. Another weird thing was that the teleportation device we were using to get from planet to planet was old and rickety, and I was annoyed and wanted it replaced with a newer model.

:rofl:

What have you been watching?! This sounds like a cross between Walking Dead and Dr Who! :haha:

Zombies represent feeling dead inside. Maybe stifled by lack of variety while awake, or by responsibilities. And this isn't necessarily you, but perhaps that's how you view the people around you?

Hunting something in a dream represents searching for something important, or possibly the loss of innocence.

Aliens appearing in dreams usually means that you feel like an outsider to a group you're involved with. Could also mean that you're dealing with something unfamiliar to yourself.

Dreaming of being a soldier (That's the closest thing I can think of. Intergalactic zombie hunter is not in my book, sorry. :haha:) represents an authority figure in your waking life. Soldiers are a symbol of a desire to succeed in life.

Dreaming of space is a big one. It symbolizes that you know there's more out there than what you've got going on in waking life. Like maybe you feel trapped somehow in waking life.

My interpretation is that you're really not enjoying yourself back at work. Your coworkers might be people that you really don't seem to relate to, and it makes you feel like you would be happier and more successful somewhere else.

Thanks GP! I did break down and watch Walking Dead with my OH. I love the show, but it gives me crazy dreams (see above!) so I usually won't watch it. I love Daryl, though, and the recent Daryl-centric episodes have dragged me back in.

Your dream interpretation is very interesting. I think it's pretty close. I really enjoyed the dream - I hope I will get to revisit it.

I tried to watch it, but I can't. I hate zombies. They scare the bejeezus out of me... but I will hunt ghosts. Go figure. :haha:

I got distracted at "laser crossbow." I need one of these!

Here's a fun dream for you.

I walked in to my parent's house. It looked nothing like their house or my childhood house or any other house I've ever been in, but I knew it was their house. When I walked into the house I walked into the kitchen. No one was in the kitchen except for my friend's six(ish) year old son who was sitting in a high chair. My friend nor her kids have never been to my parent's house. I hung out with the kid (but didn't take him out of the high chair) and made dinner. At some point my parents came into the kitchen and we sat down to eat (I don't know what I cooked). We were part way through the meal and heard a commotion outside. We all went to the door and looked down to the barn (which looked exactly like my parent's real barn but it wasn't on their land) and there were my three sisters and my friend (the mom of the kid) carrying big pans of spaghetti down the stairs and towards the house (in real life the barn does have stairs but they are on the inside of the barn and not the outside). And that's where the dream ended.

I didn't feel nervous or worried or anything throughout the dream but in the dream I remember thinking that the whole situation was weird.

My god, I had millions of dreams last night!! Trying to remember some more details so you can dissect them for me!

Me too! Lol all I can remember is one of them right now. And I swear I woke up thinking I have to see what GP makes of this.

Some guy came into our home (though it didn't really look like our house), with a gun. I hid behind a couch and started shooting at him. For some reason the bullets started bouncing off of him like they were nothing. He went upstairs and I remember being afraid for my family. But I never went after him.

Then we were outside. There were huge riots. Everyone wanted this guys head. The police went into the house and brought him out with a black bag over his head, handcuffed taking him into a car. I thought here's my chance and started shooting at him again lol. Thinking maybe this time the bullets will work. They didn't. I got guns pointed at me by the cops. I dropped the gun and put my hands up because I didn't want to die lol. Then the crowds of people all started putting their hands up too.

Haha it probably doesn't mean anything. Just some wacky dream.

Ok, ok...a couple excerpts from my dreams last night...First there was this young couple with a tiny baby, I think premmie he was so small and they were at the store and kept putting him in this baby doll display. The baby kept falling out and so I reached to try to catch him...even reach IRL because I knocked a bunch of crap off my nightstand lol. Then I dreamed I got a positive on a blue dye test...man! That one felt soooo real! And I remember thinking I WOULD get it this month because I'll likely go into labor on my wedding day lol But I didn't care! I was pregnant! And I just kept thinking I have a baby in there! But there was this lady, I don't recall if she was a nurse or what but I had to prove it to her and I kept pointing out the blue dye test but there was doubt because blue dyes are notorious for evaps, but I kept looking at it and it was a strong line and perfect and I kept saying no, I've had an evap before and this ISN'T an evap! :growlmad: That's all I remember.

I don't really think these require interpretation....I'm just broody :cry:

Here's a fun dream for you.

I walked in to my parent's house. It looked nothing like their house or my childhood house or any other house I've ever been in, but I knew it was their house. When I walked into the house I walked into the kitchen. No one was in the kitchen except for my friend's six(ish) year old son who was sitting in a high chair. My friend nor her kids have never been to my parent's house. I hung out with the kid (but didn't take him out of the high chair) and made dinner. At some point my parents came into the kitchen and we sat down to eat (I don't know what I cooked). We were part way through the meal and heard a commotion outside. We all went to the door and looked down to the barn (which looked exactly like my parent's real barn but it wasn't on their land) and there were my three sisters and my friend (the mom of the kid) carrying big pans of spaghetti down the stairs and towards the house (in real life the barn does have stairs but they are on the inside of the barn and not the outside). And that's where the dream ended.

I didn't feel nervous or worried or anything throughout the dream but in the dream I remember thinking that the whole situation was weird.

Houses can represent our feelings or inner selves. The fact that the house was unfamiliar to you suggests that you're uncomfortable or having trouble adjusting to something about yourself. The fact that you didn't feel anxious could mean that you just find whatever the situation is to be strange and alien, but that you're accepting it and going with it rather than trying to fight it.

If you're caring for a child that isn't yours and aren't happy to be doing so, it implies that someone in your waking life might be demanding too much of you. That could be work, or it could even be attention or emotional needs.

Sometimes dreams of family members are meant to be reassuring. I'm not sure what your relationship with your sisters is, but perhaps your dream was trying to say that your sisters and your friend will be there for you. That they'll be supportive.

I think the dream kind of insists that you might feel alone sometimes, but you never really are.

Me too! Lol all I can remember is one of them right now. And I swear I woke up thinking I have to see what GP makes of this.

Some guy came into our home (though it didn't really look like our house), with a gun. I hid behind a couch and started shooting at him. For some reason the bullets started bouncing off of him like they were nothing. He went upstairs and I remember being afraid for my family. But I never went after him.

Then we were outside. There were huge riots. Everyone wanted this guys head. The police went into the house and brought him out with a black bag over his head, handcuffed taking him into a car. I thought here's my chance and started shooting at him again lol. Thinking maybe this time the bullets will work. They didn't. I got guns pointed at me by the cops. I dropped the gun and put my hands up because I didn't want to die lol. Then the crowds of people all started putting their hands up too.

Haha it probably doesn't mean anything. Just some wacky dream.

Much like in Pirate's dream being in a house you know to belong to you or someone else that looks completely different from their real home represents some aspect of yourself that you don't feel is right or are having trouble adjusting to.

Criminals in our dreams actually usually represent our feelings about ourselves, others in our waking lives, or a situation. Firing a gun in a dream could mean that you're behaving aggressively towards something in real life. The fact that you're trying to defend yourself, but it's not doing any good makes me think that you're trying to fight against either an inner demon or an outward situation and are feeling like you aren't making progress. Perhaps you're worried about something that could impact your family negatively in some way?

Dreaming of police officers usually means that you need to make sure you're following the right procedures about whatever real-life situation you're having a problem with. That they turned their guns on you when you tried to do things your own way makes me think the dream was trying to tell you that you'll actually be hurting yourself if you try to take an easier or more direct route in your solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->