Dream Interpretation (now with rune casting)!

Ok, ok...a couple excerpts from my dreams last night...First there was this young couple with a tiny baby, I think premmie he was so small and they were at the store and kept putting him in this baby doll display. The baby kept falling out and so I reached to try to catch him...even reach IRL because I knocked a bunch of crap off my nightstand lol. Then I dreamed I got a positive on a blue dye test...man! That one felt soooo real! And I remember thinking I WOULD get it this month because I'll likely go into labor on my wedding day lol But I didn't care! I was pregnant! And I just kept thinking I have a baby in there! But there was this lady, I don't recall if she was a nurse or what but I had to prove it to her and I kept pointing out the blue dye test but there was doubt because blue dyes are notorious for evaps, but I kept looking at it and it was a strong line and perfect and I kept saying no, I've had an evap before and this ISN'T an evap! :growlmad: That's all I remember.

I don't really think these require interpretation....I'm just broody :cry:

I think most of this is probably BnB exposure and broodiness like you said. :)

The first part makes me think you may feel like someone in your life is not as good a parent as you could be. The book says dreaming of being pregnant in your situation is probably wish-fulfillment.

Doctors and nurses often seem to suggest that there's something that you could be doing to better take care of yourself (or hubs) in waking life. Nurses especially usually represent that there is some healing that is required.

Not really sure how else to interpret it!

Thanks!

I completely agree with the feeling alone but aren't really alone part!

Thanks GP. TTC is definitely a struggle, and if it were a person, I wish I could hurt them in some way lol. I always feel like we've made no progress.

Considering that's what consumed most of my thoughts. Your explanation makes sense if that were the thing I was behaving aggressively towards.

Appreciate it!

Thanks GP, it makes sense especially since I'm trying to get OH working out and I'm having a hard time keeping him focus but we need him to get in better shape so we can get pregnant and for his own health!

I had a weird dream the other night, it was a quick one, here it goes:

I was washing my hands, and every time I massaged my fingers ticks will come out from my fingernails.

Ewwww!

Were they attached and sucking you dry? Or were they just falling out?

They were just falling out into the sink.

Been following but haven't ever entered my own. My dream was super frightening. Ewwie ticks. I about gave my poor hubby a heart attack.

I was walking through a thick pine forest at night alone. There was enough ambient light from the moon to walk by, but the mist was trailing around the trees and thick around my body. I entered this perfectly circular clearing of trees and a massive grey and white wolf jumped out and landed in front of me. It didn't growl or lunge at me but as soon as I looked into his eyes I knew I was going to die.

Then I screamed in bed and scared the living shit out of my husband and cat..Those eyes just stuck with me. I don't think I will ever forget this dream. Normally the details get fuzzy with time, but everything now is just as clear as when I woke up. I don't even know if it was the wolf that was going to kill me, because he wasn't aggressive, it was more the knowledge in his gaze.

I had a weird dream the other night, it was a quick one, here it goes:

I was washing my hands, and every time I massaged my fingers ticks will come out from my fingernails.

Okay, I had no idea about ticks, so I consulted the book.

Blood-sucking insects are symbols of irritation and violation. Is there somebody in your life who is "sucking you dry"? Draining your energy?

Fingers are really indicative of your feelings about certain subjects. If they're injured, cut off, or (I imagine) spouting ticks, it can mean that you're anxious about being able to accomplish something.

All things considered, I believe your dream is saying that someone is expecting something of you, and you're really worried about your ability to deliver.

Been following but haven't ever entered my own. My dream was super frightening. Ewwie ticks. I about gave my poor hubby a heart attack.

I was walking through a thick pine forest at night alone. There was enough ambient light from the moon to walk by, but the mist was trailing around the trees and thick around my body. I entered this perfectly circular clearing of trees and a massive grey and white wolf jumped out and landed in front of me. It didn't growl or lunge at me but as soon as I looked into his eyes I knew I was going to die.

Then I screamed in bed and scared the living shit out of my husband and cat..Those eyes just stuck with me. I don't think I will ever forget this dream. Normally the details get fuzzy with time, but everything now is just as clear as when I woke up. I don't even know if it was the wolf that was going to kill me, because he wasn't aggressive, it was more the knowledge in his gaze.

Dreams of being alone in a forest can mean that we feel lost, vulnerable, or alone in some aspect of our waking life and want to find certainty. Fogs and mist are symbols of confusion or being unable to make progress. Wolves symbolize that you might feel threatened by someone in your waking hours, or that you're feeling vulnerable. Dreams in which you receive a death sentence or know you're going to die actually seem to represent a dire need to change something in your life ASAP.

In conclusion, I think there's a situation in your life that is making you feel really uncomfortable and vulnerable that you can't seem to find a way out of, but something has got to give. I believe this might have something to do with your health.

That makes sense. I haven't been freaking out, out loud about the Myomectomy but a little part inside of me is freaking out.

Here's another one for you GP - it's more of a theme, than describing an actual dream. I used to have it a lot, then not so much, and now it's coming back much more. I dream of dogs biting me. IRL, I'm afraid of dogs, but I've only been bitten once, years ago. In my dreams, lots of dogs bite me, they won't let go and the owners are rather ambivalent - not holding the dogs back, or trying to get them off me. Usually it's my hands they bite, although in last night's dream, it was my hands but also my a$$. Any thoughts?

I will have a think on this and interpret when I am more awake. :thumbup:

Here's another one for you GP - it's more of a theme, than describing an actual dream. I used to have it a lot, then not so much, and now it's coming back much more. I dream of dogs biting me. IRL, I'm afraid of dogs, but I've only been bitten once, years ago. In my dreams, lots of dogs bite me, they won't let go and the owners are rather ambivalent - not holding the dogs back, or trying to get them off me. Usually it's my hands they bite, although in last night's dream, it was my hands but also my a$$. Any thoughts?

Hands signify power and creativity. They're an expression of yourself. Dreaming that your hands are injured can represent a feeling in waking life that there's an attack on your ego. Asses can signify feelings of insecurity, especially if they're misshapen or (I suppose) attacked.

Dogs represent natural urges that are usually under control, but have a tendency to revert back to spontaneity easily. The example the book gives is that someone's anger might be usually well under control, but they may erupt in uncontrollable anger when teased.

Being bitten is always a symbol of aggression and hostility.

As for an interpretation:
Is there some part of you that you feel like is wearing thin or breaking loose? Something that is getting ready to just have you snap and possibly do something you might regret? Perhaps it's someone who is pushing you too far and making you feel insecure about yourself.

The dream could also just be an extension of your fear of dogs. If that one dog biting you is why you're afraid of them, it could just be your dream replaying the trauma if you're feeling stressed.

Thanks GP! I've always been afraid of dogs, for years before I was bitten. Or actually, that's not true. I didn't use to be and we had a dog when I was little but then we moved and a very aggressive dog lived down the road from us, which is one of the sources of the fear (but not the only one) although it never bit me. Plus I was bitten on the leg. And my brother and SIL have a cute dog which I love. So I don't think it's just the bite, I have this dream too often I think for that!

Interesting that hands represent creativity. I think that's about the fact I'm bored to tears in my job. Possibly the dream is also about me being fed up with the dogs barking around us and disturbing my sleep if I'm thinking of something that I've had up to here. That's the only thing I can think of right now but this dream pre-dates the dog problem so it may not be. I'll have to think some more, but I'm fairly sure the job boredom is part of it! Fascinating, I would never have guessed that!

Here's a dream for you. I should have wrote it out when it was fresh but I was out of town and didn't have my computer.

As weird as this sounds, and despite the fact that I've never met any of these people in real life, my dream was about Snack, Mr. Snack, and Kitty. I had the same dream two nights in a row.

The dream was set in the desert at night. I was viewing the goings on from above and not participating in it.

So there was this big gathering, maybe 40-60 people and a big fire. Most of the people were dressed in Native American/Aztec style clothing (leather, beads, feathers, etc.) and were dancing in a circle around the fire. Mr. Snack, Snack, and Kitty were in the middle of the circle and everyone was dancing around them. Mr. Snack had on cream colored leather pants and a white shirt with really intricate red and black beading in the shape of a bird (raven, maybe?) on the back of his shirt. Snack was dressed in a cream colored leather dress with fringe and red and black beading at the bottom of the fringe and a red and black bead headband in her hair. They were both happy and sort of the center of attention but Kitty was the main attraction. Kitty was in a basket that was sitting on some sort of pedestal and s/he was wrapped in a cream colored blanket, had a bare chest, and was wearing a turquoise medallion set in silver. Kitty was very calm and alert and seemed to understand that s/he was the center of attention. I didn't get a sense about the gender of Kitty but I do remember thinking that s/he has the sort of eyes that can see right through a person, like s/he will be very intuitive and empathic. It was definitely a celebration of some sort, and the celebration definitely centered around the Kitty and the Snack family. I suck at baby ages, but kitty wasn't a newborn but definitely not old enough to crawl yet. Maybe 4-6 months old?

So how's that for a weird dream? Hopefully nobody thinks I'm weird for dreaming so vividly of my BnB chums. I thought it was really neat because I've only seen pictures of Mr. Snack and Snack and yet they were so vivid in the dream. I woke up happy too.

Here's a dream for you. I should have wrote it out when it was fresh but I was out of town and didn't have my computer.

As weird as this sounds, and despite the fact that I've never met any of these people in real life, my dream was about Snack, Mr. Snack, and Kitty. I had the same dream two nights in a row.

The dream was set in the desert at night. I was viewing the goings on from above and not participating in it.

So there was this big gathering, maybe 40-60 people and a big fire. Most of the people were dressed in Native American/Aztec style clothing (leather, beads, feathers, etc.) and were dancing in a circle around the fire. Mr. Snack, Snack, and Kitty were in the middle of the circle and everyone was dancing around them. Mr. Snack had on cream colored leather pants and a white shirt with really intricate red and black beading in the shape of a bird (raven, maybe?) on the back of his shirt. Snack was dressed in a cream colored leather dress with fringe and red and black beading at the bottom of the fringe and a red and black bead headband in her hair. They were both happy and sort of the center of attention but Kitty was the main attraction. Kitty was in a basket that was sitting on some sort of pedestal and s/he was wrapped in a cream colored blanket, had a bare chest, and was wearing a turquoise medallion set in silver. Kitty was very calm and alert and seemed to understand that s/he was the center of attention. I didn't get a sense about the gender of Kitty but I do remember thinking that s/he has the sort of eyes that can see right through a person, like s/he will be very intuitive and empathic. It was definitely a celebration of some sort, and the celebration definitely centered around the Kitty and the Snack family. I suck at baby ages, but kitty wasn't a newborn but definitely not old enough to crawl yet. Maybe 4-6 months old?

So how's that for a weird dream? Hopefully nobody thinks I'm weird for dreaming so vividly of my BnB chums. I thought it was really neat because I've only seen pictures of Mr. Snack and Snack and yet they were so vivid in the dream. I woke up happy too.

What a neat dream! Reading your description had me seeing it!

Based on the mood in the dream, these are the symbolic interpretations:

Babies and birth | New beginnings
Celebrations | Change
Dancing | Freedom, happiness, celebration
Friends | How you feel about the friends
Bird | Aspirations, enlightenment, wisdom, and insight
Raven (specifically) | Insight, wisdom
Turquoise | Protection against evil, heaven, healing, higher aspirations
Silver | Moon, follows intuition, feminine aspect

My dream interpretation:

I think you and Snack have become good friends. I think you're very excited for her as he starts this new journey. You know it will be a big change, but you also know it will be a change for the better. Everyone is going to be very happy with the new addition to their family. You feel like Snack and Mr Snack are going to be very good parents, guiding Kitty with wisdom. You feel that Kitty will be very special, possessing a wisdom that can come from nowhere else than her ancestors. And yes. I'm still convinced Kitty will be a girl!

Just remembered I have runes from a time when I wanted to play around with learning to cast them. I thought hard about your dream, closed my eyes, and did a simple 3 rune spread:

Your runes:

Laguz | Meaning: Water | Emotions, renewal, life, energy
Gebo | Meaning: Gift | Sharing, hospitality
Algiz | Meaning: Elk | Protection, awakening, connection with gods

IDK what rune casting is, I will have to Google that.

Anyway, here are my dreams, well it's just one but it's been happening often:

Lately I have been dreaming of stairs. I am walking up the stairs, but I never make it up because either I fall back down, or someone (I can't see who/what) pushes me down. When I hit the bottom I feel confused, like WTH just happened??

That's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"