Drinking water...

Ashtong

Reaction score
I was doing SO good about drinking water until MS kicked in about 7w and I'm 9w1d now and I can barely get water down. Every time I drink some I throw up. I throw up anyway but I can keep other types of liquids down better. Anyone else having this problem? If so what are you doing?

I'm 9.4wks and I can't drink wAter for the life of me either!!! I got soooo dehydrated over the lack of water the past few wks plus vomiting that I knew its either go to the er or try everything possible to get at least a glass or two per day down some way some how..... I have been loading my waters with fresh squeezed lemons and tons of ice.... I use a straw and sip it slowly over time..... I still feel so sick after but it doesn't immediately come up this way..... I basically live on Gatorade and sprite though :( :( I just can't do water.... It's getting so scary.... This is my 3rd and I never had this issue before

Are you able to drink mineral water perhaps? It's fizzy and I find it helps. You could grate a little ginger into the water- that MIGHT help. So sorry you guys! That really sucks. :-(

I was drinking water fine...but the past week or so all its done is give me heartburn..... so im now on my cuppa tea in the mornings and I tend to drink 7 up or sprite throughout the day with a few ice cubes in xx

I had to swap to flavored waters and cordial.. it helped me :) my MS is wearing off now so I am back on water just do what works.

Water with some of those flavor squirt things helped me!

Also, I've been eating watermelon by the bucketload.

My doctor warned me that the cramps I'd been having might have been because the baby was not getting enough water. I freaked out. It's one thing for me to be dehydrated but as soon as I was putting my little nugget in danger, I tried a lot harder. My doctor could also be full of crap - she hasn't been very good so far.

Any type of melon is good source of water, but especially watermelon. I think I ate at least a half of a watermelon everyday with my first pregnancy. Try to keep your salt intake low, since salt will deplete your hydration.

Water with some of those flavor squirt things helped me!

Also, I've been eating watermelon by the bucketload.

My doctor warned me that the cramps I'd been having might have been because the baby was not getting enough water. I freaked out. It's one thing for me to be dehydrated but as soon as I was putting my little nugget in danger, I tried a lot harder. My doctor could also be full of crap - she hasn't been very good so far.

Unfortunatly the dr is correct, early cramping can be caused by dehydration.

Yes fluids make me vomit. I'm eating tonnes of watermelon or drinking fruit smoothies made with pineapple, banana and various berries blended in water. If I make it thick enough you don't even know there's so mucj water in it and my body treats it lile food rather than fluid.

The last couple of days I've managed tea but I think that's because it has to be drank in such small sips

Tea here, caf or decaf. Otherwise I sip through the day, no more than two sips every once in a while.

I used to drink ONLY water .....(or coffee). This is killing me. I can't drink more than an oz without getting sick.... Now I prob get in 1 glass of water within 3-4 days if that..... My dr told me don't worry about water right now....,
Focus on liquids , any liquid, he suggested Gatorade, and its literally all I drink 24/7. I feel like garbage because I never drink sugar drinks but its much better than severe nausea or vomiting and it actually stays down..... I also try to eat watermelon, celery, ice ur lettuce , apples ...... Things that are naturally juicy. Every little bit helps and counts!!!

Urgh I just had a tiny tea cup of water and threw it all up.

I was the same last pregnancies but could at least stomach one or two drinks so just lived off them.

This pregnancy absolutely no fluids unless it's a thick smoothie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->