dtd, ovulation and the chances of getting pregnant????

bellaswedus

Reaction score
hi all,

so we are finally trying for baby number 2. but i seem to have forgotten a lot. :)

so, i typically ovulate on cd 17 and have a 30 day cycle after my first pregnancy. i know this because i do use opk sticks and also i do feel pain when i ovulate and i typcally temp but this months as i have been camping i have missed lots of days.

this cycle started on the 21 of aug. we went on a 2 week camping trip and since i knew that i pretty consistently have ovulated on cd 17 i didn't bring any opk sticks. :(

our plan was to start dtd on cd 12 but due to several resons we didn't dtd until cd 14. which if i would have ovulated on cd 17 would have been fine i suppose. the bad new is that on cd 15 i got my ovulation pain. :( we dtd on cd 16 as well.

in cap we dtd on cd 14, 15 and 16 and i had ovulation pain on cd 15. when we got home on cd 16 i also tested with opk which showed positive. today when i tested with opk it was negative. also we used preseed. :)

i suppose my question is, is there any chance for me to get pregnant this cycle or should i just assume it was to late for conception?

Yes you can DEFINITELY get pregnant if you BD :sex: on any of the 3 days leading up to O as well as the day of O, also it's a bonus to also bd the day after you suspect you O'd in case it was delayed.

You Bd'd the day before, the day of and the day after O - I'd say you have a great chance!

Good luck & lots of :dust:

P.S. I'm also using preseed this month and I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!! :happydance:

Yes definitely! sounds like good timing to me! Good luck. Iused preseed for my first baby. I guess the stress made me a little ahem....drier. this time around I didn't need any. trying to make it "fun" if at all possible.

lm3898 - thank you so much for responding. i really was freaking out. haha yeah we love preseed too. :) is this your first baby?

kittiyara - thank you for your response. yeah the last time around preseed worked for us so we are using it again. this is was going to be our first serious month of trying. the last time was a crazy ride that resulted in a wonderful baby girl, she is 15 months. :) how long have you been trying for baby number 2? good luck.

This is our first month. Ovulated today. Ugghh now in the two week wait! Fingers crossed for both of us!

kittiyara - i wish you all the luck as well. i hope 2 weeks passes by fast. :) i am most likely going to be keeping pretty busy as i friends visiting from sweden writing my masters dissertation among other things. so i hope to keep the thoughts away but most likely i will fail at that but it is a try. :) i see that you are in PA......we live in princeton, NJ. so not far from each other.

Hiya! How exactly are you/have you used pressed currently in the past-when it was successful?? ACcording to instructions with the applicator? Putting it on him? On or in your vagina?? Please be honest.
And Please don't worry about tmi. I want then nitty gritty please!! Lol
Thanks

Use applicator but half the recommended dose! I did it while hubs was in shower and jumped him after and he didn't even know :)

Hopeful thank you so much for answering me. Why do you think half is better than the amount they recommend? I've heard this before!
Thank u again xx

Trying for my 1st Bella!

As for preseed, I totally love it but I use like 1/3 of the recc amount - hubby and I both hated full amount it was way too slippery...

Also sometimes I put it right on him which the instructions say is fine to do! Thats when we are More spontaneous as the applicators say you are supposed to try to do 15 min prior to bd, I've done both though - love pre seed!

Hopeful thank you so much for answering me. Why do you think half is better than the amount they recommend? I've heard this before!
Thank u again xx

Otherwise it's way too slippery and hell keep slipping out lol.
A little goes a long way!

The 2-3 days before ovulation are actually the best to get pregnant. So you have a chance for sure :) We used Preseed with both DD and this one; I love the stuff!! But I agree, half the amount is more than enough, otherwise you just end up loosing some. I think it`s a strategy to sale more of the stuff :haha:

With DD we dtd 3 days before ovulation and with this one I think we dtd 2 days before and the day before. We are very lucky because it worked first time for both.

hopefulfor1st - haha you got me laughing.

KittyKan - well when i got pregnant with my dd i used it just like it says on the instruction. about 15minutes prior to dtd i would insert the applicator in my v and shot in the preseed. hahaha my oh loved dtd with preseed. :) i have no clue if it was what helped us. we also dtd i think about 7-9days around my ovulation. good luck!

i can also tell you that i did use the preseed without him being there and observing not to take the romance away.

melfy77 - congrats! that is awesome. i hope i will be as lucky as you. :)

hmm maybe i just don't remember if i used a full load of preseed last time. but this time i did use about the amount suggested.

ballaswedus - Princeton is so close to me! I'm right over the border in PA. Only about 15 minutes away. I actually delivered my first baby at the new Capital Health Hospital in Hopewell this past November.

kittiyara - that is not far from me then. :) well if you ever come to princeton, let me know. :) i gave birth at princeton university hosp.

how is everyone doing? still have another week before i test. trying to keep busy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->