• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Due around 12th Aug, and looking for a bump buddy

Ladies, how is your weekend? Anyone doing baby shopping? I am trying to convince hubby to do some baby shopping...

Hi Vera, just thought i'd check im not missing anything :thumbup:

no i havent been shopping, ive been decorating the bathroom :growlmad: i'm pooped :sleep: the house stinks of gloss paint :dohh:
thats about as exciting as my weekends got! how about you?

I have got so much stuff now on ebay and freecycle that my husband has sort of said no more buying until we have finished decorating baby's room! Gives me quite an incentive to get on and finish painting. Have bought these really cute wall stickers and a border roll that I really want to put up. Also, got some curtains which are way too big so may have to ask mother in law nicely if she will alter them! I'm hoping to go to a Nearly New sale which is supposed to be good so will see what bargains I can get there before I give all my money away to Mothercare and Mamas and Papas!
Chelsea I hope you are also taking it easy as well as decorating and having lots of tea and biscuit breaks! x

Chelsea I hope you are also taking it easy as well as decorating and having lots of tea and biscuit breaks! x

HAHA! if i stopped i'd never start again! lol. although i did stay in bed until 9am mothersday and ate nearly a whole box of maltesers before i got out of bed! :shhh:
i'm off to my mates wednesday so that will be my lazy day as far as no decorating :thumbup:
atleast the quicker it's all done then i can relax when i'm bigger :thumbup:

ive seen cute nursery stickers on ebay with really nice quotes to go on wall. is that like what youve got?

Wow you both decorating... I haven't stored doing anything yet!
I know what colours I want for my boy's room, but not sure what to do yet. I would love to paint a tree with birds or jungle on the wall... I have a long holidays in the beginning of may.. maybe I'll do it then...

I went clothes shopping this weekend! bought myself a nice blue top from Next, and a nice dress from M&P... all Maternity... I can't wear any thing non maternity now :(

Malteasers are so addictive! That's very true - the quicker is gets done the sooner you can chill and relax.
The stickers I have are M&P and are very cute. I will buy some ebay ones tho as well I think! They are so good and easy!

Have just won cotbed and drawers/changing unit on ebay!! Wooo! Going to pick up tomorrow - just hope I can fit it in car and dismantle it all!! How have all your days been?

Hey hey!!

Woo woo well done you Rebecca. Description?! Hope you didn't do any lifting!!!

Wall stickers love them but I have to (well when I say I, I mean my family and husband!!) are going to have to move my study downstairs before I can even start decorating!! All furniture is being stored in my Mum and Dads spare room!!!

Maltersers are my FAVOURITE chocolate!!

Vera thats good that you are getting bigger and out of normal clothes ?:o) There are LOADS of beautiful maternity things!! Good luck decorating in May!! I am going to do mine then to! That is the time limit I have given my husband to get everything out and prepared!!! Lol.

Chelsea I hope you have had a RELAXING day today at your friends.

Rebecca, that is great! some pics/description please? I am looking to get my cotbed on E-bey as well.

I had my 20weeks scan yesterday. All seems good. Our boy is getting so big. His feet already above my belly button....

Glad all was ok at your 20wk scan - it's amazing how much detail they go into, I thought it would be more like 'yep everything looks good, bye' but instead it was really thorough.
Ebay is fantastic for cotbeds etc. There is no way we would have been able to afford what we got brand new. It's really lovely - it's m&p savannah cotbed and drawers/changing unit in cream. Amazing we managed to get it all in the car in one trip! Although we now have the furniture literally everywhere now as I don't want to put it in until I have finished painting - which seems to be taking forever as I can't get rid of the blue underneath!!! grrr.. I have now just run out of paint after 2 coats :( So was hoping I would be finished this evening but is now not looking likely! How's your decorating going Chelsea? You must be nearly there now? You seem to have been much more dedicated than I have been!

Good news about your scan Vera and nice to hear that they do talk to you in more detail and don't just shove you out the door!! Cannot wait for mine. It has been SO long since I last saw my LO........still slightly annoyed that it is a 23 and a half week scan not 20 like it is meant to be!!!!!!!!!!! It should have been this week :o( Instead I have to wait 13 more days.....my sister in law is a doctor and she said (in her work mode not meaning to upset me!) well what if something is 'wrong' with the baby.......then you'll only have a half a week to decide what you are going to do :o(

Annoying about the paint Rebecca! Always the way hey!!! How long (tall?) is your baby boy Vera?? And Rebecca and Chelsea at your second scans?!?!?

SO GLAD IT IS THE LAST DAY OF TERM TOMORROW!!!!!

Going away next Monday to Friday and cannot wait. Only to Devon but still a break hey!!!

xx

They didn't measured his full length.
The sonographer measured his head(head circumference), belly/torso (abdominal circumference) and leg (femur length).
Head and legs were measured a bit big, and the torso is a bit small.
I guess every baby developing in it's own speed...

Dont worry Charlie, your scan will come very soon.. its not too long to wait.

Girls, don't work to hard... its not good for your LO... rest and have some tea with biscuits!

Charlie, enjoy your break!
We are still debating about where to go. But Greece or Cyprus sound like a good option for us...

Been to Cyprus a couple of times and loved it! Never been to Greece tho. When are you hoping to go? We are planning a weekend away to Wales to see some friends (not as exotic sadly as Greece or Cyprus).
Have finished painting the baby's room! Yay! Just need to put up border roll and wall stickers now which I'm thinking I might leave for in-laws to do! Just have the other rooms in the house to do now!!

A break is a break!!!

Had a lovely time away thank you!!

When are you both thinking of going? Enjoying Easter so far??

Only 5 days till our scan!!!! YAH!! I was thinking we would decorate the Nursery in May half term...you got any photos?? Well done Rebecca!!

I bet you're getting really excited about your scan! I am positive you'll have a girl. What day is your scan on? You will have to post on here and tell us as soon as you find out! Very excited for you!
Went to NCT nearly new sale today which was fab, got some real bargains!

Charlie, good luck. Please report immediately.
Rebbeca, what did you get?

We are still thinking where to go, lol. We have some days off in the beginning of May... So we thought about Venice, Cyprus or Turkey...

Today we finally bought our cot! It is so cute, from mother care ( bought it on eBay)... Now we need a new mattress and the rest of baby things... Yuppie!

https://www.nct.org.uk/in-your-area/nearly-new-sales

It was brilliant Vera! And if you agree to help or a member you get to go in early! It's a £1 donation to get in. There were so many people there. I helped on the door and it was crazy all the people coming in. It also seems like a great place to sell stuff too as it is all second hand but in great condition. So, I got 2 sleep bags which are pretty much new! John Lewis and a M&P, one was £3 and the other £2.50. A really cute cool t-shirt for 50p, couple of maternity tunic/tops and a birthing ball for £3! I could have spent so much as there was travel systems, cots, baby bjorn carriers, loads and loads of toys, rails of clothes - some gorgeous girly summer dresses which I really wanted to buy, pregnancy and baby books, nursery decorations, blankets, bouncers, swings - I was actually very impressed with myself that I didn't get more but I was on my own and very aware that whatever I bought I would have to carry around! Definitely take husband along next time so he can carry things!!

Well done for buying cot! What's it like? We also need a mattress, even though we got a mattress with the cot I think we will get a new one. Argos seem really reasonable for mattresses.

I can't believe my baby is still the same size as a papaya! It seems like it's been this size for ages! I hope it changes at 24 weeks - I want a new fruit!

Yeah our LO is a papaya at the min as well seems odd to think you are moreorless two weeks ahead of me and they are the same size...wonder what your next fruit will be?!

Scan is on WEDNESDAY 4.20pm!! I will report back immediately although my OH is now saying he does not want to find out................:oO What happens when one wants to know and one doesn't!?!?

Good job on the cot and yes argos seem pretty decent for mattress prices!! Not long till you finish Rebecca is it? End of May?

We still have odd bits and bobs to buy but getting there and still need to do a lot of decorating but I am not mentioning anything yet as if I leave it a bit longer then I might get away with not decorating and just overlooking the projects!!!! Hehe. As long as it gets done before August obviously!!!

I blacked out yesterday and panicked my OH and my Gran checked my blood pressure today and it was 104/62...........I know that is low but do you think I should book in with the doc tomorrow as not seeing midwife till 1st June as I am still feeling very dizzy and faint......................or you reckon it will pass?!?!!?

Anyway I hope you are all enjoying the weather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->