Due around 12th Aug, and looking for a bump buddy

Hi!

I was wondering if I could join you ladies - I am due Aug 19th. I know it is a bit late to join, and I am not from the uk, but it is wonderful to chat with people due around the same time. :hugs:

I read some of this thread (not the entire thing lol). I saw you were talking about baby's length and weight. I found a chart that I always refer to if you are interested.

https://www.babycenter.com/average-fetal-length-weight-chart

Hello and welcome Blue12! I have found this website fantastic especially as I'm having first baby and have no idea what to expect with anything! Do you know if you are having a boy or a girl?

Hi Blue12.

Where abouts are you from? Is this your first baby? Do you know if its a girl or boy? I agree it is nice to talk to people that are due around the same time as you.

Yes I am going through bras!! lol.

I am the same actually, it isn't every night thats bad, its on and off luckily.

Cannot wait for May half term!!! Less than two weeks. Whoop whoop!!!

Have good weeks ladies!!

I am from Ontario, Canada (near Toronto). This is my first and I am having a little girl.

We are so excited as it took us 5 years, 2 rounds of ivf, and $30,000 to make this special little one.

Thanks so much for letting me join!

Wellcom blue12!

How is the wether in Ontario? I have friends in the British Colombia and family in Toronto...

Ladies, I am in extrimly bed (palvic bones and legs) pains today! I can't walk, stand, move or even get up from bed. I have called my MW, witch tald me to call the GP... She thinks it's SPD....
I am waiting for a call from the GP... :(

Oh no Vera! Have you tried hot water bottle or paracetamol? I have some lower back problems which I have been having osteopathy treatment for but I sometimes find hot water bottles can help. I have been told swimming can help - will see tomo as have aqua natal! Yay! There are also pelvic support belts which are supposed to be good and I'm tempted to try one. Let us know what doctor says. x

Back from the GP. He checked my urine, blood presure, listen to LOs HB and pressed on my palvic bones. According to him it is SPD. He said it could go away by itself or get worth. Told me to rest a lot, take peresitamol and see if I feel better in a week or so... Asked him about physio, he seem to think it won't help, and it will go away by itself.

Happy the baby is fine, but not happy with the GPs asamption it will go away by itself...

I just wrote a really long msg and then the comp deleted it! RAR!!

Not good about your pain Vera. Glad LO is ok though. I hope hot water bottles and paracetomol help ease the pain....Rebecca I hope aquanatal classes are fun tomorrow and they help your back. I have been fairly lucky with no aches and pains yet!

Blue12 that makes your baby girl even more special and you haven't even meet her yet!!! My husband and I were trying for two and a half years before our baby girl came into our worlds and even though we have not meet her yet, we would not be without her!!! So excited to meet her!! See all her features!!!

My older sister and husband are currently going through their second attempt at IVF and so telling them was the hardest thing we have had to do! I really pray that this time it works for them as they have been trying for a total of 8 YEARS............

Anyway think that was all I wrote before it got deleted. Going to see Water for Elephants at the cinema tonight! Speak soon x

Pura pura srry to hear about the spd. I can't imagine. I know that I have had some sciatica pain and hip pain and it has been getting worse but still fairly managable at work - sometimes it is tough to walk.

CEM1805 - Congrats on your very special little girl too. It is such a special thing and when they are so wanted for so long it is just so exciting and hard to wait to see them isn't it lol. That must have been very hard to tell your sister. I had a hard time too telling my brother and his wife (they ended up adopting 2 beautiful children). I will pray for your sister to have success this second round. :hugs:

Funny question for you girls - what position is your baby in right now. Mine is like she is standing and her feet are kicking soooooooooooooooooo low down and it feels so weird lol.

Aqua natal was fab! I loved it and so did baby - really moving around! I was quite surprised how tiring it was and how many ppl were there. There were about 10 of us from about 20 weeks to 40 weeks! Did some good exercises in the water and was good fun too.
Hope you have all had a lovely day ladies!
Vera how are you feeling? Any better? x

Hi girls,

Ive missed loads again!! lol.

Hi to Blue12 :hi: Congrats on expecting you little girl :thumbup:

I too am also going through bras like theyre going out of fashion! lol. luckily no milk leakage yet. (had my milk really early on with the girls! not that im complaining) lol

I cant sleep either, i have a pregnancy body pillow and 2 normal pillows i put them all in a pile and sleep sat up pretty much! i bend the body pillow into a 'V' shape then put it around my back with my arms on top at each side, my hubby says i look like im in one of those big black rubber rings about to go down a water slide or something! lol. i cant sleep on my side as it gives me back ache and it will also give me ear ache in the ear that is against the pillow :growlmad:

Vera are you feeling better? :flower: :hugs: glad you had a good holiday. :plane:

Has anyone had their fundal hight measured yet?
I was looking through my notes and saw the cross was on the 90th percentile?
ive googled it but im not sure what is classed as 'normal'. i assume the middle line being the 50th percentile is normal but cant find anything that confirms this. i know if you go over the 90th or under the 10th then you will likley be refered for testing and growth scans etc. i'm just curious to see what everyone else is. i know everyones charts is different based on their pre preg hight and weight etc. i was 28cm at 28 weeks which put me right on the 90th percentile. can anyone else tell me theres?

xxxxxxx

Rebecca, I am so glad you liked the Aqua natal class!

Chelsea! You should not disappear for such a long time.
Are you talking about the measurement of the bump? I had one dome yesterday by the MW, and she said my LO is a bit big... It was quite high on the graph. But I don't think it's very correct. We are planning to do another scan, when I am 30 weeks just for reassurance.

I feel bad. I couldn’t sleep the entire night… If I was on my back, I had leg cramps, if I was on my sides I end up with horrible pain in my hips. Yesterday, I end up with horrible pains in my hips and all the pelvic area because I went food shopping and cooking some dinner for my hubby, so I spent the entire evening in bed. Love this pregnancy… and love complaining… lol
I even feel pain now as I seat at work… grrr

Yes Vera it's your bump measurement. it should be in your notes. we are now thinking about a private 4d scan :thumbup: we'll have to see how the money goes.

Ladies, I have a stupid question;

When I am supposed to do a birthing plan (is it with MW)? What do I include in it? I am so clueless!
I am lately thinking about water birth (due to my hip pains), but not sure if I can have in our hospital... I am planning going there for facilities check soon, so want to know what to ask...

I was measured at 25 week appointment - measured 24 which mw said is fine as it can be 2 either side and still be normal apparently. I haven't really looked in my notes much - all a bit confusing - haha. Might have to have a good look through though and see if I can make sense of the graphs and different coloured paper!
We would love a 4d scan but just don't think we can really afford it, not after we spent so much on travel system!! Have heard that they are amazing though.
I am having such bad cramp in my legs - what is all that about?!

My doctor asked if I had thought about birth plan and I just said yes I had (but I haven't)! I was just in a bit of a hurry and thought I would ask mw next week. I found a good template online somewhere where you can just tick things and then print off. Can't find it now but also looked at this one
https://www.nhs.uk/Planners/pregnancycareplanner/Pages/BirthPlan.aspx

I am also definitely keen on water birth. Also thinking of home birth where I could have my own pool, but will see... Need to book tours of local hospital and birthing centre. x

Yes my mw said for me to write out my birthing plan and then she will go through it with me to check I haven't missed anything and that all what I've requested can be done where I am going. I pretty much summed up to her quickly that I wanted a waterbirth, regular Doppler heartbeat monitoring, I want to deliver him myself in the water and I want to wait for the cord to stop pulsing before it is clamped and cut. She also then asked if I wanted to deliver the placenta naturally or have the injection, apparently if you deliver the placenta naturally you can experience more post delivery bleeding etc so I requested the injection again. I bled awfully with the girls so don't want to do anything that's going to make it worse!

Just got back from hospital...
Woke up this morning and had no movement which is so strange as he is always moving about loads in the morning. Had a cold drink etc and waited and waited. Had a tiny movement but nothing like he normally is. Phoned up the 24hr line at the hospital who said to come in. So went in and they were really lovely. Hooked me up to monitors, did urine sample, bp etc. Thankfully baby seems fine and mw felt him and said he is now head down (yay) which is maybe why movements have changed as he has been lying across (transverse?). After all her poking and prodding he is now kicking about like mad and it's really high up kicks - feels very different.
Hadn't even thought about the placenta! Have just been concentrating on getting the baby out ahhaa! Are there any side effects with the injection? Did you have it last time Chelsea?

Aww Rebecca you message scared me when I read that first line!!! I am SO GLAD that LO and yourself are ok!!!!! Phew. Better to be safe than sorry though.:thumbup:

I have my next midwife appointment on 1st June and I will be 28 + 5 days so assume I will get my next measurement then.....:shrug:

My friend was really lovely and bought me a 'My Pregnancy Journal' and in their it has a section called 'My Birth Plan'. It has all the Qs that you need to think about so am just going to fill that out and show MV in a weeks time or so.
I am glad that you have wrote about delivering the placenta as I don't have any friends who have had children that I can ask so thank you! I may now opt for the injection as well! I would also like the cord to stop pulsing before it is cut. How about whether you would like your LO placed on you immediately after birth or cleaned up first?? I suppose it depends on whether you do have a birthing pool as surely bubba will be fairly clean anyway being in water....

Your comment about how you sleep gave me a very funny image in my mind :haha: and I am so glad that it is not just me that is really struggling with sleeping at the min...think my OH is getting slightly annoyed at the constant wake ups in the night but he hasn't said anything and never would as he loves me too much and knows I can't help it!! Also that it will be very similar when baby comes anyway haha. :baby:

Thank you Blue12 for your prayers. I really hope it works this time for my sister and her husband. I reckon it will and they'll end up with triplets or something hehe. How lovely for them if they do!!!

We would love a 3D or 4D scan but am the same and money may hold us back. Will wait a bit longer and see!!

Now that you have said Aquanatal was worth it, I am def going to look into it!!! :o):thumbup:

Enjoy your weekends ladies!!!! Wonder if my fruit will change tomorrow!?!? Prob not! Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->