Due around 12th Aug, and looking for a bump buddy

Ok, we are back... I guess my little Liam just had 2 very very lazy days.
He is bombarding me with kicks today :)

I'm having a quiet few days with my LO now!! :growlmad: i think it's the time in our pregnancies where space is running low and they are starting to really pile on the fat. i'm not too worried yet though, i'll see how he is the next couple of days!:baby:

Glad you are ok Vera! It is really worrying when they do something different isn't it?!
Had mw appointment yesterday and she said my iron levels are really good and I must have a very good diet - pah! Have eaten so much crap recently! Seem to be having really random cravings! Loved telling my mum as well as am vegetarian and she is always worried that I'm not getting enough iron and could be anaemic blah blah etc.
Aqua natal is really helping with pain though and really can't recommend it enough.
Have you thought much about your births and where you are hoping to give birth etc.? x

I just got my iron tablets pescription yesterday :-( i hate taking them as they turn your poo black (thats if you can have a poo)!! ive stocked up on the orange juice ready! lol

I went swimming with a friend today (first time in years) and boy do i ache! lol.
i'm starting aquanatal on wednesday 15th :happydance: i may go next week but we have carpet fitters coming that day so depends how quick they do it and leave.

i'm definatly having a waterbirth at my local midwife led maternity centre :happydance: the pool is fixed after being broken for over a year! :thumbup:
that said i hope i dont need to be induced etc as then i'll be at the hospital and thats the last place i want to be :growlmad:

Glad all is well again Vera and Chelsea sorry to hear about your bad back and pelvis pains. I am fairly lucky I suppose. I get very uncomfortable at night and get like pins and needles in hips but other than that during the day I am fine....tired but fine.

I had to have a swab today after going for my glucose tolerance blood tests at hospital this morning as I have been getting large amounts of discharge and was getting worried.....I just don't know what amount you are meant to class as 'normal'......

Going away to the Isle of Wight tomorrow with the hubbie Friday - Monday just the two of us and friends are looking after the house and dog so really looking forward to that!! I hope you all having a relaxing weekend ladies!!!!

Speak when I get back

xxx

how was your weekend?
you were only just across the water from me :thumbup:
discharge is normal but i supose if you are having too much it could be an infection? when do you find out? and also when will you get results from your glucose tolorance test?

Vera i'm glad both you and liam are ok! :thumbup: and i'm glad you liked your hospital :thumbup:
not long now!! i was saying to hubby that if our LO arrived 2 weeks early we could only have another 7weeks and 5 days left!!!:wacko: thats SCARY!! lol
i'm sure he wont come that early though!

btw sorry for all my posts but as i'd missed quite a bit it was easier to reply that way! lol

xxxx

Mine is definitely not being quiet at the moment. I am actually struggling to sleep at night. It is starting to become quite painful and makes me feel like I need a wee all the time! He seems to be doing a lot of stretching out - feels like my tummy is going to burst open sometimes! He doesn't like anything resting or pushing against him either so when I'm in bed on my side he will push against the mattress! So will then turn over and he will start all over again with the stretching and turning and pushing out!!! He is definitely very wide awake whenever I seem to want to sleep! Hope he doesn't keep this pattern!

Being in the swimming pool is amazing isn't it?! Really strange when you get out though as you feel really heavy!

I'm on prescription heartburn stuff which is so gross (but also turns your poo very very dark ewww!) Anyone else really struggling with heartburn? It is so bad lying down.

I really want a water birth too - they just look amazing and I love the feeling of being in water. Going to check out our birthing centre and hospital but I think they only have one or two pools so they can't guarantee that I will be able to have one. Seriously considering a home birth where I can either buy a pool online or hire one. Suggested it to mw who I thought might be completely against the idea but she was all for it! Going to look around hospitals etc as well before I make mind up completely.

I know chelsea, I was thinking that too! 30 weeks yesterday and he could come out at 38 weeks!! eeee! Then again, he might not be ready til 41! Were you on time with your daughters?
xx

both were spontaneous births at 41w and 40+1. i'm hoping to be around the same this time but i have a horrible feeling it's all going to go wrong one way or another :shrug:

Rebecca, since when did you start feeling your boy moving more?
I thought that buy this time I will feel him moving more and more, but I think that his activity declined! I am awake already for 6 hours and felt him just ones today! Is this normal? How much yours LOs moving?

Mine also don’t like when I lay on my left side, and kicking the mattress… so funny.
We went to a movie this weekend (Pirates of the Caribbean), and I think LO had a panic attack… He was punching me throughout the entire movie, and the whole evening after. I think it’s the sound. I have notice that he doesn’t like music and loud sound (just like me).

I also have heartburn, and have been suffering with it for the entire pregnancy (maybe Liam is hairy…lol)
I use Rennie or Tums and it really helps. Its horrible feeling… I know.

vera my LO is the same, i dont feel the kicks like before. i'm thinking he has changed position and is kicking where the placenta is which is why im not getting the rib kicks like i was. :shrug: i cant wait to find out what position he is in as student midwife couldnt tell at my last appointment. :dohh:

i went to see pirates of the caribbean too :thumbup: we went monday evening for my daughters 9th birthday! LO wasnt overly bothered by the noise :shrug:
i keep reading things that make me panic that his movements have decreased! i don't 'feel' in my heart that anything is wrong but all the scare stories make me feel like i should be worried. :wacko:

vera my LO is the same, i dont feel the kicks like before. i'm thinking he has changed position and is kicking where the placenta is which is why im not getting the rib kicks like i was. :shrug: i cant wait to find out what position he is in as student midwife couldnt tell at my last appointment. :dohh:

i keep reading things that make me panic that his movements have decreased! i don't 'feel' in my heart that anything is wrong but all the scare stories make me feel like i should be worried. :wacko:

When I was in the hospital they told me that he is longitudinal (his body is straight up and down from my pelvis) and his head is down. But I would still expect to feel him kicking… :shrug:

What kind of things you reading? I feel like as if he has “dropped” (hence the pressure in the pelvic = feels like he is pulling my bones apart) but it’s too early for him to drop… so I am worried. :dohh:
Maybe our babies are just lazy?

i don't know whats going on with them! :shrug: i think they are just lazy! :thumbup:

i dont see my midwife until 15th so i will wait until then. if i get too worried before hand i'll call and ask to be checked.

when does everyone else next see their mw?

also vera do you have a back support yet? your pelvis pain is prob spd rather than him dropping :thumbup:

also vera do you have a back support yet? your pelvis pain is prob spd rather than him dropping :thumbup:

Could be, I think I will call my GP, as my MW is absolutely useless!
I am waiting for hubby to order it...
Although, I feel the pressure when I seat, lying or stand and SPD should ease the moment you seat/lay down.
:shrug:

Are you still planing on doing the 4d scan?

Could be, I think I will call my GP, as my MW is absolutely useless!
I am waiting for hubby to order it...
Although, I feel the pressure when I seat, lying or stand and SPD should ease the moment you seat/lay down.
:shrug:

'SPD' is often worse when laying/sitting down.
here read this and see if it sounds like what you are experiencing-
https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/pelvicpain/

or you could have PGP - pelvic girdle pain?
https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/pelvicgirdlepain/

or

DSP - diastasis symphysis pubis
A condition related to SPD is diastasis symphysis pubis (DSP), in which the gap in the pubic joint widens too far. The average gap between the bones in a non-pregnant woman is between 4mm and 5mm, and during pregnancy it's normal for this gap to widen by 2mm or 3mm. If the gap is 10mm or more, DSP is diagnosed. It's rare, and can only be identified by X-ray.

I hope maybe something above sounds like what you are experiencing?
Make sure your GP takes you seriously as alot of GP's and Midwifes are not interested in pelvic or back aches and pains. If you feel your pains are not a normal pregnancy ache or pain then push for answers and don't let them fob you off with paracetamol etc :thumbup:

Thanks Chalsea...
But from what I read its not really any one of this. Grr.. Maybe its just normal... I am so weepy (sorry)...
I was reading on some forums that it could be just normal pains, but could be that I am gradually dialating... (???) but its hurmful if there is no bleeding or crumps. So I will wait and see.

My next MW appt is in 3 weeks... :( 22nd of June

maybe your like me Vera... ODD!! :wacko: lol

i have pains but there is no specific diagnosis of what exactly it is. i have various symptoms of different problems! lol
i like to be different :thumbup:

i wonder where charlie and rebecca are? maybe out enjoying the sun?
i think i may head off to the garden for a little sunbathe :thumbup:

Blimey that sun is hot! atleast my washing is drying super quick!

Vera I think if you are really worried and it's getting you down and upset you should book an appointment with your GP to put your mind at rest.
Please book an appointment and let us know how it goes. You and your little Liam will be fine.

:hugs:

I found this very interesting article about fatal psychology:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/199809/fetal-psychology

Very interesting

Ha just had a really stupid moment when I was trying to work out what 'ODD' was!!! Duh! been a long day! Went out to lunch with some friends and am now knackered! Decided to put on my new pyjamas from my primark shopping spree and lie on the sofa with dogs watching crappy tv! Sort of given up on trying to find good maternity clothes and had a big primark shop just buying things a size up - seems to have worked and is much cheaper!
It has only started to become uncomfortable in the last few days with him moving - think he might have had a growth spurt or he is just getting really strong (must be my good iron levels - haahha giving him big muscles). It used to be a really lovely gentle feeling of him moving, now it can just really hurt. Saying that I don't want him to stop moving or anything! Just up in the ribs and pushing on my bladder is not good!
I have a mw app on wednesday - she said I'll have them every 2 weeks and then every week. Going to plan birth more next time with her. I also had student mw in last time and was actually quite impressed with her as read some bad stories on here about student mw not being good.
It is really warm out - have felt really hot and big today! Cant believe we are in the last stretch! Remember when we started this thread!!! All looking at our 12 week scans! xx

excellent read Vera! certainly makes you stop and think! :thumbup:

lmao rebecca! pregnancy brain or what! :rofl:
My student midwife was good, she took my bloods excellent! (despite my collection of tattoos i'm needlephopic!)haha! but couldnt figure out LO's position :nope:
hopefully find out on 15th. :thumbup:
Ive been doing housework today! great! mum had the kids so nice to get on with something that didnt involve paint, gloss or any tools of any kind! :thumbup:

has anyone done their nursery yet? pics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->