Due around 12th Aug, and looking for a bump buddy

I had a student MW in the last 2 appt, I was so not happy. I told her I feel dizzy, and her reply to that was: " oh well, last trimester you will feel shity"... WTF?

Anyway, my nursery is not even cleat yet. Hubby have so much crap in this room, it take him ages to clean... And I have no permission to touch... (especially if it's really old crap or his son's broken toys)... But we are hunting for bedding and some decoration :)
I tought of painting some pictures my self as I will have some extra time when I finish working.
I am finishing at 35 weeks, but I am ready to finish now. I hate going to work, and every day seems like ages! I wanna stay home too!

Haha I know - I am having major pregnant brain recently!

I can't believe your student mw said that to you! Are you drinking enough water Vera? I seem to be drinking loads and loads of water at the moment I think because it is so warm.

Our nusrsery is pretty much done apart from all the stuff that ppl have give us all over the place. I think I'm going to wash everything and then put it away but not really sure when to start washing stuff... Also, need to put wall stickers and shelf up but keep changing our minds about where to put the stickers and shelf! So another couple of things that are just on the floor in there! Everything in there is all baby stuff though it is just everywhere! Could you gradually move things Vera? He might not notice then if you just take out one or two things each day! haha!Or go in and take something out and ask him what it is and get him to explain it to you then leave it somewhere else around the house! x

Lol. I wish I could do this, but hubby is working from home, so he is always on the watch, and he remember every single thing in the room... And where it is, so if I move something... He will know... I just need to remind him more often that Liam is on the way... And we don't have a lot of time...

I think my dizziness was down to vitamins. I am now taking vitamins every day, and have no more dizziness.

i have only ever come across nice student mw's :thumbup: maybe you got a crap one! i doubt you'll see her again anyway :thumbup: glad you are feeling better.
i had a letter from my health visitor wanting to meet me on 6th july! i hope shes nice! health visitors are notorious bitches!! :growlmad:

Health visitor? Have heard bad stories about these on some of the other threads! About making judgements and turning up unannounced etc. I haven't had a letter through yet... Does everyone have to have a visit?

What a health visitor suppose to do? I thought they only come after the birth... A bit confused now.

sometimes they want to see you before the birth?!?!?. different areas do it differently i suppose :shrug:
You have to see a health visitor, if you refuse they can contact social services!

From what i remember (which isn't much) and from what iv'e read they basically tell you about breastfeeding and how its best for baby ...blah.. blah! talk about your life, you family, yours and your partners criminal records, medical history if you have suffered depression, suicidal tendencies etc,
they should answer any questions you have about your baby, talk about development and tell you where to come get baby weighed every few weeks to make sure its growing properly. they should give you your babies record book where weights, vaccinations etc will be recorded. they will assess your baby at certain ages to make sure it's developing and progressing how a child of that age should.

basically they are know-it-alls!!

i hated my one with kayleigh, always looking down her nose at me like i'm an idiot! :growlmad:
i hope this one is nice! :flower:

RIGHT HELLO LADIES!!!!

It has just taken me about 20 minutes to read all your threads and catch up on what I have missed lol. I actually have written down what I would like to reply to on a piece of paper as my baby brain is in full swing at the minute along with this heat!!!!!! I have never been so hot in my life yesterday and ended up going to my Mum and Dads and stripping to just my underwear :haha: (luckily their house and garden are succluded (can't spell even though I am a teacher!:wacko:) unlike my house and garden)

Our weekend away was just what we needed and I have never slept so much!!! I was sleeping 12+ hours at night and then an hour or two nap in the afternoon lmao!!! Strange as we were in a caravan and usually the beds are horrible but this one was lush (actually seemed better than our one at home as I only seem to sleep 5/6 hours a night with no pm nap!!) Nearly brought the bed home with me!!! Think they may have noticed though!!

I have a feeling this is going to be my longest thread yet as I feel I have not spoken to you all in ages so I apologise in advance and I hope you are all sitting when you do read this! LOL.

Vera - I am glad that you liked your hospital and that they took you seriously. I think I need to start taking more vitamins. My LO moves around a fair bit but not always the same as last two days she has been very quiet but last week, she was very active! I finish work at 36 weeks pregnant but totally agree that I want to finish now!! What date do you finish? I finish July 22nd. Cannot wait! 46 days tomorrow!!!!!!:happydance: Good luck for your MW appointment on 22nd June and I hope that the student MW is not there!!!

Chelsea - Good luck starting aquanatal classes on 15th!! After this post, I am going to look into classes around my area as I love water to! I would also like a water birth in a MW led centre but true about them not being able to guarantee a pool for you on the day....did you have your girls in hospital? I had a swab and results back - no infection :thumbup: and GTT results came through post - NORMAL:thumbup: I have recently been thinking the WHAT IF LO comes early scenario as like Vera, our Nursery room is still not clear!!! Mum has booked the 16th July to decorate it with me, giving me enough time to clear it out inbetween school etc!! Also would just like to say that I am glad you are here as it is good that you are so knowledgable when we ask Qs!! :hugs: Good luck for your next MW appointment on 15th!!

Rebecca - Like I just said usually my LO is very active as well but she is good and doesn't seem to wake me up at night and sleeps for a little while during day!! I have had some heartburn but not too bad. I would be too worried about having a home birth as things do not usually go to plan when it involves me!!!!! I also had a big spend up but in New Look yesterday with my hubbie! He treated me as I was so hot and nothing fits anymore so he let me buy practically the whole shop lol but am feeling slightly guilty now!!! :wacko: Congratualtions that your Nursery is all done!! VERY jealous!!! Got any pictures you can upload?? Good luck for your next mW appointment on 8th June! (That is my sisters birthday - random! lol)

My next MW appointment is 22nd June same as Veras!!! 11am. I did not realise that about HV either but thanks for the tip! I will wait and see if I get a letter or ask what happens in our area on next MW appointment.

I know I can't believe that we are all in our last trimesters and we first started this thread looking at our 12 week scans!!! How exciting!!!!! I am glad we have all become :friends: and found each other!!!! I wonder if this post will take up a page on its own!!! :Haha: xxx

Charlie, I am so glad you had good time! I want another holiday now lol.
My last day at work will be 19th of July. I can't wait. I am counting days (total) and working days as well... Lol
I was to a the Labour word tour yesturday. Was not impressed with the after birth facilities, they are old and no privet rooms...
The hospital has only 1 birthing pool, and no booking in advance :( so it's a matter of luck. So not too impressed, but not sure I have other options.

Yes, Rebbeca, we want to see pics from your nursery please :) I will show mine the moment it will be a bit cleaner... (no luck there yet).

Mmm, ladies I have an OT question;

If I have a feminine problem, do I book an appt with my GP or is there anyone else?
I ask as in Israel you could go straight to the gynaecologist...

:hi: charlie.

Glad things are going well with you and i'm glad you had a good break and lots of sleep :thumbup:

I will also upload my nursery pics too once it's done (or nearly done). hopefully will be mostly finished by next weekend. :thumbup:

Vera search online for your local birthing options.
try this link https://www.birthchoiceuk.com/Frame.htm click on 'checklist to help you choose where to have your baby'

then the one that says 'map'

then click on your region and it should tell you the places in your area, obviously not all of them will be available to you but the ones local should be.

then you can look the place up on google. :thumbup: if not just ask your mw at your next appointment. the last thing you want is to go somewhere you don't want to be :nope:

So jealous of you all being so organised!! lol.

Vera yeah you go to your doc and they will always refer you if you need to be.

I am only counting total days...maybe it will be better if I count working days as obviously it will be less!!! :O)

Charlie it sounded like you had an amazing time! Soooo want a holiday or mini break! Just not sure if we will be able to fit it in now or afford it!

My maternity leave officially started yesterday! Wooo! Had some lovely cards and presents from the children at school (not a peep out of the deputy!)

Managed to sleep a bit better last night with it being cooler, although feel even more tired today than I did yesterday when I had a terrible night sleep on Saturday night! Going to be a morning on the sofa with the dogs! They are so not impressed with the rain!

Yes will try and have a tidy up in nursery and take some pictures. Will then have to work out again how to upload them! Promise to get them up by weekend at latest!

Chelsea that website looks brilliant - going to do the checklist myself and see what comes up!

Yes Vera go to your GP or you could phone up and ask for a female doctor if you'd feel more comfortable and then they can either refer you or be able to help you themselves. xxx

I am only counting total days...maybe it will be better if I count working days as obviously it will be less!!! :O)

I would just count working days - will sound soooo much better!! Then Charlie think about PPA as well, that's another half! Hahah - I do this in the run up to every holiday, especially in the Autumn term! x

I am so jealous you are on maternity now! Lol.

How has your first day off been? You prob will feel more tired for first week or so as you will have finally slowed down and stopped so your body will try and catch up on sleep and energy now etc!

Look forward to the photos (not that I know how to upload them - maybe Chelsea or Vera will?)

34 days and counting without 7 lots of PPA i.e. 3 and a half days lol so really only 31.5 days! LMAO

XX

Hey everyone!

how are you all?
Luckily LO has started moving loads again (must have been a growth spurt/lazy days):shrug: glad i didnt worry too much! my ribs are now taking a pounding again :growlmad: wish he'd be lazy again! lol

Anyone suffering with dry skin? my eyes have been really dry for ages now and today they are actually puffy! my right eye is swollen on the eyelid and has lumps under it in the soft skin near my nose :growlmad: i look like a bag of shite! :cry: ive always had sensitive skin and i only wash with a flannel and water and then put olay face cream on after (i have washed this way for like 15 yrs). anyone else getting anything similar? or got any suggestions? ive tried a few things but nothings working!

I have hardly done anything today! Did about an hours painting and then felt shattered so stopped and sat down again! Must try harder tomorrow!!

I usually have really dry skin and hair and used to flake off - I know pretty huh! When it was bad though I found it really difficult putting anything on as it was so sore. What I did find worked and didnt hurt at all was bursting one of those evening primrose capsules with a pin and using the oil on the dry skin. I used to do it before I went to bed and in the morning my skin was much better. It smells a bit but it worked for me. I know there is something about using oil of evening primrose in pregnancy though - is it a safety thing? The last few months though my skin and hair have been really good. It is horrible having sore skin so I really hope it starts to feel better. Cucumber is good for puffy eyes and tea bags. xx

Charlie, I think this is the only way to count our days till Mat leave... I have 31 working days to go...lol
Suddenly it looks like there only one month to go... lol
Every day at work I count the hours till I go home... I am so desperate for days off!

Chelsea, I am so happy to hear that all is back to normal for you and LO is kicking properly again. I also feel mine much stronger now (and a bit more often).

I thing mine had a growth spurt for sure, as I even notice another 2 lb on the scale... lol
Didn't see any weight gain for 3 weeks before.

As per dry skin, sorry can't help. I have dry skin everywhere except my face (My fece looks much better then befor pregnancy) I really suffer from dry hands and very dry back skin, so use normal cream, but it doesn't really help.

Thanks Rebecca. i think i'll try the capsules (i think putting them on my skin will be ok). ive had dandruff real bad too, using that real expensive shampoo which helps.

With the girls my skin was really nice and i had no dandruff and my hair was in really great condition. now i have dry skin, dry scalp and my hairs moulting :cry:

Rubbish :growlmad:

i have a wedding reception on 18th and all my old work colleagues will be there (from when i was a bus driver), if my skin hasn't improved i'm not going :nope:

Chelsea, I am sure you still look fantastic even with the dry skin. You should go...
I am sure you will get back to yourself after your boy is born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->