Due around 12th Aug, and looking for a bump buddy

Ladies!!! I don't know how I seem to miss so much!!!!!!!!

Vera I am glad that it is all sorted now and I sleep from about 11 - 4 and yeah we best get used to it. I am also uncomfortable and toss and turn most nights so sleep onto of the quilt with a sheet and Maternity pillow but then get this wierd pins and needles in my hip..............strange!!

Got to say this before I forget but Rebecca I love shortbread!! lol. Raspberry tea is from 32 weeks. My Mum got some and it says on back from 32 weeks +.

Hope you don't mind me telling you all about this but need to get it off my chest!
My sister had her egg collection on Monday and then they have put it 'all back in' today and she has to wait 13 days until she can do a pregnancy test.......I am so apprehensive for her (if that is the right word?) and I REALLY hope it works but I just can't helping what if it doesn't.......................How is she going to be with me as it will be so close to when I give birth................. :o( Felt very stressed at work this week and am not sure how I am coping at the min!!! Lots of family issues at the min!!! :o( Anyway, I hope I don't miss as much next time. Must try and check this more often!!! Lol.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Vera I think you should take some sick time before your mat leave. Then you could stop working now and take 5 weeks sick then start your maternity leave?
Xx

I was thinking about it, the problem is that if I do that, they will just start my mat leave earlier, and I will and up loosing my holidays ( 2weeks). And I can't afford to start mal leave so early... It will mean 1 month less time with Liam... :(

Vera I am glad that it is all sorted now and I sleep from about 11 - 4 and yeah we best get used to it. I am also uncomfortable and toss and turn most nights so sleep onto of the quilt with a sheet and Maternity pillow but then get this wierd pins and needles in my hip..............strange!!

I also have pains and needles in my hips, and the only think that helps is if you sleep on a double duvet folded into 2 beneath you. Since I started sleeping like this, I feel no pains. Tryed to sleep on the other bed tonight, and imidiatly the pain was back.

Charlie, I'll hold my fingers crossed for your sister! It is a very dificult situation you are in. Hope for the best!

Thank you Vera and I will try doubling up x

Phew! Chelsea I had horrible thought you were going to try putting it in your eye - was starting to worry!
I really hope it works for your sister Charlie, it's a very tricky one. Also keeping fingers crossed. Yeh I thought it was 32 weeks it was just the H&B lady freaked me a bit asking how many weeks etc I was and that I can't take it until 36 weeks. Other ladies on babynbump started at 28 weeks! But I think 32 is standard. I never used to like shortbread - just made some today as my husband loves it. I then tried it and yummy!
Vera I don't think your mat leave will automatically start until 36 weeks - so could you go on sick until then? When are you hoping to stop?
I already sleep on the duvet but am thinking of getting the spare duvet to sleep on as well! Just the one has helped a bit but I think you're right Vera 2 duvets is the way forward!! Also getting the pins and needles and dead leg!! xx

Hows your skin Chelsea? Hope it's a bit better this morning.

Having strange movements today - not hard kicks like normal but sort of more rolls and gentle movements. Do you think maybe having a lazy day today? He is moving and have heard him on doppler so trying not to get worried.

Rebecca, Don’t worry!
I have this from time to time as well... I think it’s when he is facing my back, so he kicks inside and all I feel is his back and little bum... :)

Yeh I can feel him pushing his bum out! Its strange, the movements are just really slow today. They are there but just not hard jabbing kicks like normal! These movements don't hurt me at all! It is so hard not to worry and imagine awful things though! Just wish he could be out now and then at least I would be able to see if he was ok etc. x

I agree Rebecca. My little madam is having a lazy day today to!! I can still feel her squirming in there but not like the strong kicks I am used to. Maybe Vera is right and she is facing my back as I do keep seeing a bum or head or something stick out!! So strange! Makes me giggle.
Hope your skin is better today Chelsea.
I think Rebecca is right and if you want to start it early the only way you can do it is if you go sick for the last part?
I am so glad it is FRIDAY!!!

Hope you have all had lovely weekends? We went baby shopping on Saturday in Watford which was tiring! Managed to buy the car seat which was our last big item to buy. John Lewis are doing a price match which I didn't know about! So if you find a car seat cheaper somewhere else they will match the price. Just need to make sure I can put the car seat in the car now!

Hi girls, how was your weekends? I didn’t do much at all, mainly slept, lol
Wanted to go somewhere, but the rain just didn’t stop 

Rebecca, Charlie, how are your bubbas? Are you still concern about their movement?

hi ladies :flower:

I've missed quite abit!!

I have been putting epo around my eyes before bed and it seems to have helped quite alot :happydance: i have been swimming alot lately though so thats probably not helping but they still look loads better than they did :thumbup:

Got midwife and aquanatal wednesday :happydance: so excited! i wont tell her how much swimming i've been doing though, she'll prob have a fit!! done around 1500 meters this morning and i went late fri night and we done 1500 metres then too. My friend is trying to lose weight so i just swim with her. tbh it's not really helping my back, or making it worse, i feel it mostly in my legs!! we only swim slow breaststroke so can't see i'm doing any harm, i don't swim fast or exert myself too much.

We put up the hammock and cot up at the weekend and put all his clothes and stuff away in the wardrobe etc :thumbup: still need to get a couple more bits for his room/dd2's room but its coming along nicely. it's only small things we need like shelves and decoration bits etc.

vera have you managed to get hubby to sort out the nursery yet? and how is eveyone else doing? anyone still have anything 'big' to buy?

xxx

I'm really pleased your eyes are a bit better. Yeh swimming will dry them out loads - could you put vaseline on them before you get in the pool? That might help. You must be knackered with all that swimming! I hope you like aquanatal - I really enjoy it.

Baby is back to his usual self - moving about and stretching out, actually pretty painful!

Vera how are you feeling with your back? xxx

Girls, I need to ask you if what I have are BH or baby moves…

I feel like all my muscles in the bump are cramping up, bump is really hard, and I have difficulties to breath. But the weird thing is that I can feel it for hours… and one contraction can last up to 30 min.
They seem to ease when I move, but as I am back at my desk I have them again. Sometimes I feel baby moving while having them, but most of the time I don’t feel him. Not sure if its normal BH or I am really weird…lol

Chalsea, really happy your eyes are better!

My nursery is still a mess! I didn’t have the power to do anything about it this weekend. Will try next weekend or tonight, as hubby is away for work... :haha:

My BH aren't painful, just uncomfortable and last about a minute. I get them sometimes after doing lots on my feet or rushing upstairs. I'm not sure if it's lasting for 30 minutes? I didn't think they lasted that long. Perhaps Chelsea might know as she has done all this before and I'm pretty clueless! When is your next mw appointment?
I was hoping to tidy up nursery at weekend as well! Didn't manage to at all. Had antenatal class for most of the day on Sunday though so that's my excuse - hehehe! x

What Rebecca said is right. they shouldn't last long. are you sure Liam wasnt sticking his bum out or stretching in a funny position for a while? sometimes i feel like i'm getting a bh but when i press my bump only one side is hard and the other is still soft and it's where he's stretched out!

i'd say it wasn't a bh but Liam moving :thumbup:

I would agree it is Liam moving hun. Glad you all had good weekends. I had a productive one as well as we decorated the Nursery!!!!!!!!!:thumbup: Yah!!

Still got to transport the cot and everything from Mum and Dads spare room to our house and build it all but all good and I feel more relaxed knowing it is decorated! Just need to tidy up before bringing the Nursery stuff in :o)

I am going to Aquabumps tonight!! Hehe. Nervous as going on my own and don't know anyone but inquistive as want to know what its like and I am hoping Ill love it as I am a bit of a water baby anyway!!! Hoping our LO will be as well when she is born!!!

Anyway only a short one but will check this tomorrow otherwise I can't keep up!!! LOL.

Enjoy your evenings ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->