Due around 12th Aug, and looking for a bump buddy

I am going to Aquabumps tonight!! Hehe. Nervous as going on my own and don't know anyone but inquistive as want to know what its like and I am hoping Ill love it as I am a bit of a water baby anyway!!! Hoping our LO will be as well when she is born!!!

Same here! i'm a little scared for wednesday as i wont know anyone either! hopefully i'll make a friend :thumbup:
Have fun and let us know how it goes.

xx

Just called hospital, and they said it could be SPD related... I swear I have all the wiredest problems in the world this pregnancy. She said I shouldn't really have this at 29 weeks, it's too early to have painful BH...

But I think I figured out why it was so painful... I was wearing tight jeans.. I took them off and feel much better now.
I feel so stupid.
Ok, off to check my options at the local swimming pool. (hopefully they will have some aqua aerobic)

How was aqua bumps Charlie?! Did you enjoy it? I know it is weird going somewhere and getting in to all your swim stuff with complete strangers - I felt so enormous, and didn't realise that you could take your towel to the poolside! I was really quite nervous about what to expect, but it was actually really good fun. They all have lunch afterwards which I'm going to be brave and do tomorrow! x

Aww thats lovely. Mine is at half 7 in evening so obviously everyone just goes home afterwards but I LOVED IT!! It was great but then when I got out again I felt SO HEAVY! It was really strange!!! Lol. Def going again but instructor on holiday now for next two weeks! Doh.

Don't feel silly Vera. We don't know what to expect in first pregnancy and better to be safe than sorry and ask! Did you manage to find any aerobic stuff?

Good luck Chelsea not that you'll need it!! Enjoy x

Glad you enjoyed it charlie, i'm excited about tomorrow. my midwife runs it i think so thats good and i see her in the morning so going to ask abit more about it so i know exactly what to expect when i go later on tomorrow afternoon. :thumbup:

Also to share with you my step-sister (living in australia) is 10 weeks pregnant after giving up their fertility treatment :happydance: i swear when you have been trying so hard and you genuinely give up, your body relaxes and it happens! they spent £5,500 on flights etc to come over for my step-brothers wedding in Nov and now she can't come! She's high risk due to many thing including being an insulin dependent diabetic and all the problems she's had with conceiving etc (she nearly died after her body filled up with water after having her eggs collected!!) They already have a little girl who's 5ish now (she took years to conceive) i'm so happy for them but so scared also! she's announced it on fb so i just pray this preg is successful! keep your fingers crossed for them and another new addition to the family :baby:

My sister had her egg collection on Monday and then they have put it 'all back in' today and she has to wait 13 days until she can do a pregnancy test.......I am so apprehensive for her (if that is the right word?) and I REALLY hope it works but I just can't helping what if it doesn't.......................How is she going to be with me as it will be so close to when I give birth................. :o(

Crossing my fingers for your sister. Please let us know how she gets on. big hugs :hugs:

xx

It's really strange isn't it when you get out?! That heavy feeling! The class I go to is also run by a mw, sadly not mine as she is really nice and funny.

My tummy is looking so strange this morning - have been lying on my side and I think he is also lying the side as my bump is squonky! So weird.

I hope it all works out for your step sister Chelsea. You often hear that about ppl who have been trying and trying and then it just happens.

Vera - how are you feeling? Have you thought about getting a yoga ball?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=yoga+ball&x=0&y=0

I love mine and sit on it to watch tv/do my hair etc! Would really recommend! Could you use one for work instead of a normal seat? It feels so good on lower back and pelvis etc. There are also little exercises you can do on them like just sitting on it and doing mini bounces or small circles etc. They are also really good apparently for getting baby into the right position.

It's really strange isn't it when you get out?! That heavy feeling! The class I go to is also run by a mw, sadly not mine as she is really nice and funny.

My tummy is looking so strange this morning - have been lying on my side and I think he is also lying the side as my bump is squonky! So weird.

I hope it all works out for your step sister Chelsea . You often hear that about ppl who have been trying and trying and then it just happens

Vera - how are you feeling? Have you thought about getting a yoga ball?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=yoga+ball&x=0&y=0

I love mine and sit on it to watch tv/do my hair etc! Would really recommend! Could you use one for work instead of a normal seat? It feels so good on lower back and pelvis etc. There are also little exercises you can do on them like just sitting on it and doing mini bounces or small circles etc. They are also really good apparently for getting baby into the right position.

:rofl: squonky :rofl: it'll prob go back to normal through out the day! lol.

And yes me and dh tried but gave up and spent thousands on building up my business, then got pg! :dohh: best thing ever but the worst timing! lol

Just got bk from mw, my iron levels were at 9.2 at my last blood test (around 4 weeks ago) she says if my iron levels don't reach 10.1 at 36 weeks i can't have my LO at Blakes :cry: i'd have to go to hospital :cry:
just going to look up the best iron rich foods as although i'm on tablets i'm not chancing it!

Hows everyone elses iron?

Vera hows your back? :flower:

Hello ladies,

Chalsea, try this link;
https://whfoods.org/genpage.php?tname=nutrient&dbid=70#foodsources
I don't know if they mention it there, but red meat is a very good source of Iron.

I really hope it will work for your step-sister, finger crossed!

My back is getting worth and worth, but at least I found that my top hip pain is part of the SPD (at least I am less worried now).
but now I am starting to have period pains, and that is not something I am very happy about, I took the day off to rest, to see if it will help. I have this period like pains (they are very light) 4-5 times a day. And woke up 2 tonight all sweating and with pains in my bump- not really pleasant.

Rebecca- I have the ball and love bouncing on it! I even do some exercise on it, just something light, to keep my legs in shape.

Thanks Vera i'll check it out. :thumbup:

Just noticed your 30 weeks today!:happydance:

I don't really know what those pains could be, maybe just your uterus stretching and your muscles.

Have you phoned dr?

:hugs:

Just been to aqua natal and arrived home to dog sick all over the kitchen floor! Lovely!!!

Amazingly my last blood tests showed really good iron levels - really don't know how as I am vegetarian and eat loads of crap!! I just really hope they stay that way. Are you making sure you are getting enough vit c? As vit c is needed for the iron to be absorbed. So even if you are having loads of iron if you aren't getting enough vitamin c the iron won't be being absorbed. Apparently there are things that can stop iron being absorbed as well that I had no idea about!

https://www.ehow.com/how_5514825_increase-iron-absorption.html

How exciting. Rebecca is 32 weeks today and Vera is 30 weeks!

Sorry to hear about all your pains...maybe you should go back to the doctor and get signed off for 2 weeks or more......

Chelsea that is brilliant news about your sister and of course wish them the best of luck and will be sending good vibes throughout it all!!! My sister can do a pregnancy test on 22nd.............the day I go to see MW! Hhmmm...

My iron levels are all normal which is good! Although I have now been convinced to buy a yoga ball!!! Lol.

I had the worst nights sleep last night so broken; I would rather have 2 hours non interrupted sleep than broken :o( xx

I have done my bloods at 28 week, and didn't hear a thing - does that mean that all is good? when do I get me results?

We have finally decided to go for a scan! I just fed up with being worried all the time, so we are having a privet scan this saturday at 11:50. We will get 3d pics as well... yuppie!

Today was much better, so I am happy I took the day off. I was on my feet non stop...
I swear its the sitting for 8 hours a day that makes me feel so bad! I need to move more... I wish I could stop working now!
I went to several shops, and cooked and spent some quality time with hubby and feel so great... I was about 4-5 hours on my feet (take me long time to walk because of my SPD)! Even Liam's activity increased (it was getting lower and lower lately)... :happydance:

Have you had a mw appointment since your blood tests vera? As my mw wanted to make sure my results would be ready for my mw appointment at 29 weeks. I'm sure it is all fine otherwise you would have heard.
Ooooo very exciting about a private scan!!! That will be amazing. You must put the pics up! Where are you going for it?
Yes get a yoga ball! They are amazing Charlie, you will love it!!!
xx

:hi:

LOVED Aqua-natal yesterday! it's an hour in a classroom first (this weeks topic was 'places to birth' (we have lots of options in my area - 6 places in total!!!)). i was the only person who was not a first time mum which was kinda scary, although i think i had more questions?!?! lol

Then into the pool which was hilarious! one of the midwives came in the water with us (my midwife) and the other was stood on the edge doing all these movements we had to copy. She was hopping about and jumping around! i was creased up laughing :haha: (i expected more formality and seriousness), it was so fun and nice to basically act like a child for an hour! :rofl:

Vera what exciting news about your scan :thumbup: please try and upload a pic for us! Also if your iron level was low they would have phoned you (they called me on a sunday afternoon)!.

When i saw mw for my appointment yesterday she also told me baby is head down (which i though he was from the feel of his movements) :thumbup: just hope he stays that way!!!

My next appointment is in 2 weeks so looks like i'm one of the lucky ones who will have fortnightly appointments now. Some of the other ladies on here were saying they had to wait 6 weeks for next appointment!!

That is funny about your class Chelsea! Lol. I really enjoyed mine to so glad you did as well. Head down is obviously good! Like you say hope he stays that way which I am sure he will. What antenatal classes did you do with your girls??

Vera they would have rung you so don't worry hun. Very exciting about your scan!!! Very jealous!!! I want one, hubbie does not. I am glad taking the day off helped!

Rebecca how is being off work!?! I am still counting the days! 26 working days! Kids are so noisy and restless at the moment! May have to kill one soon or maybe a few actually!!!!!

Chalsea, it's great that you having fun at your classes... it's important to have fun :thumbup:
I will be going swimming, as there are no Aqua-natal classes available here (not evening once)

I didn't have a MW appt since, having one this wendsday.

I have to tell you what my dear hubby did... I wanted to order a mobile from mamas&papas, and to go collect it from a store in London (our scan is in London) this weekend, so I tald hubby about it, and wanted him to tell me which shop he prefer to go to. He was in Edinburgh today, so I was waiting for him to come home to make the decision. And the next thing I know is that I get an email from my hubby with a picture of the mobile in his room in the hotel he stayed. He went and got it in Edinburgh... As a surprise! I couldn't believe it. Such a good hubby! Sorry had to share, I was so touched by this!!!

Aww how lovely is that! What a beautiful surprise!! I am a sucker for things like that!! Thats like last week my hubbie told me that I needed to be free at 10.15 and wouldnt say what for and then it turns out he had booked me another mother to be back massage! I moan about him sometimes but take it ALL back when he does things like that hehe. Love em really dont we!!

As you can prob see, it is school time well I am at work BUT so cannot be bothered to be here so have just found out I can log on at school ut o!! Lol. Ill be on here all the time now! Whoops!!! lol. Best get on with preparing for the day I suppose. Have a good Friday ladies!!! x

What antenatal classes did you do with your girls??

I didn't do any classes with my girls.

I have to tell you what my dear hubby did... I wanted to order a mobile from mamas&papas, and to go collect it from a store in London (our scan is in London) this weekend, so I tald hubby about it, and wanted him to tell me which shop he prefer to go to. He was in Edinburgh today, so I was waiting for him to come home to make the decision. And the next thing I know is that I get an email from my hubby with a picture of the mobile in his room in the hotel he stayed. He went and got it in Edinburgh... As a surprise! I couldn't believe it. Such a good hubby! Sorry had to share, I was so touched by this!!!

Aw what a nice thing to do. My hubby was going to get me a nursery glider/rocking chair but he can't ever get me any suprises as i have all the bank cards! he has £20 a week pocket money :haha: lol!

As you can prob see, it is school time well I am at work BUT so cannot be bothered to be here so have just found out I can log on at school ut o!! Lol. Ill be on here all the time now! Whoops!!! lol. Best get on with preparing for the day I suppose. Have a good Friday ladies!!! x

Lol! don't get into trouble!!

Aw what a nice thing to do. My hubby was going to get me a nursery glider/rocking chair but he can't ever get me any suprises as i have all the bank cards! he has £20 a week pocket money :haha: lol!

:haha::haha::haha: way to go girl! I wish I could do the same, but hubby earn more... and spend more :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->