Due around 12th Aug, and looking for a bump buddy

Awww they are lovely surprises from your husbands!! My husband also struggles to do/spend anything without me knowing as we are being really tight with money at the moment. He does lots of lovely surprises around the house though.
That's great baby is head down Chelsea! Mine was transverse for ages and is now oblique and has been for last few weeks now - he hasn't got far to go to get in correct position though, just wonder when it's gonna happen.
We had a new born baby in our antenatal class last night - he was just sooooo cute! Can't believe we are going to have one of those in 8-10 weeks!!!
Being on maternity leave Charlie is lovely - although I do keep getting pestered by school for various annoying things!!! At the moment it is 'can I email all the reports I wrote on the chn in Autumn term and Spring term so new teacher can see what I said etc. Oh and also last years summer ones too'!!! They are all at school in the office or all on system at school. Grrrrrr!!!! So that has been stressing me out a bit as trying to find reports on laptop etc.

Just thought I'd let you know about this incase you havent signed up. They seem to have lots of freebies if you're interested! As you know I love freebies and vouchers!!!

https://www.hipp.co.uk/benefits

Just back from London. The scan was ok, apparently i wave a cubby boy...lol

I will post the pics a bit later, but we didn't see much of his face as apparently he is using my placenta as a pillow (The sonography said) my placenta is where his face is, and it looks like he is sleeping on it. Although I eat banana, drank cold water, had a sandwich, a bar of chocolate and went for a walk, my little boy didn't want to move (He loves his pillow). So he slept through out the whole scan! LAZY! we did manage to see his eyes and nose and a bit of jaw and mouth.

Any way, his estimated weight was 1.7 kg (3lb 13oz), so I think I need a diet... No more sweets for this little man! He is head down (don't think he was ever with his head up), his little bum is to my left, and his massive (we saw) feet are pushing to my right. I can feel his feet stretching...

So overall all is good, though feel a bit disappointed we didn't manage too see him too well. But as long as he is healthy I am happy. I think he will have my hubby's eyes and eyebrows and my chin and lips, but the most horrible thing is; I think he has my mums nose! NO!!!! LOL...

Will be continue...

OK, except our scan we have another excitement here... Hubby found a little chick in our loft. He is very small and brown and full of feathers, so we building his a small nest to hang outside, as his parents are around (they are watching our house). My cat is so exited, as he has no idea what it is, and not allowed close to the chick... but he can smell him and hear him. Wish the baby bird luck as he is moving to his new nest today!

Chubby is good! Babies are meant to be a bit chubby. I can't wait to see pictures!!!!

I hope the baby bird survives! We had a cat yowling outside last night and was still there this morning. Thankfully had a number on collar so called it and reunited her with her owners who were very pleased to see her! So that was my happy animal story for the day!

Birdie update: He was reunited with his dad/mum and now he and his parent are happily singing on our tree. I identify the bird as house sparrow. We are quite pleased with ourselves, and hubby is watching them very closely, and scaring every neighbourhood cat coming to our garden... lol

And here are my scan pics. As I mentioned before, all you can really see is his cheek, eyes and nose.

Attachments

• Liam 180611_2_small.jpg
    Liam 180611_2_small.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 2
  • Liam 180611_1_small.jpg
    Liam 180611_1_small.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 2
Oh they are really cute Vera! Is that his little hand as well that you can see?

Thanks Rebecca, Yes I think his arm was somewhere there close to his face... I have another pic where you can distinctively see his fingers :)

Just thought I'd let you know about this incase you havent signed up. They seem to have lots of freebies if you're interested! As you know I love freebies and vouchers!!!

https://www.hipp.co.uk/benefits

:thumbup:

Birdie update: He was reunited with his dad/mum and now he and his parent are happily singing on our tree. I identify the bird as house sparrow. We are quite pleased with ourselves, and hubby is watching them very closely, and scaring every neighbourhood cat coming to our garden... lol

:happydance: Glad the little birdie had a happy ending!

And here are my scan pics. As I mentioned before, all you can really see is his cheek, eyes and nose.

Wow i really want some done! would be too late for me anyway as i'll be 34 weeks next monday :dohh: plus i splashed out on a new dyson ball hoover :happydance: lol!

Has anyone else thought about or started their birth plan? i've written mine out so i'm going to show my mw next appointment :thumbup:

Chelsea, I was very happy to see that all is good with my boy, but if I know that will not be able to see him that well I would prefer a new hoover as well.. lol

I have almost finished my birth plan, but I now think its way too detailed. lol
I am sure I want keep to it anyway, although it is very "open minded". I have decided that I want a birthing pool, but my birth plan is covering the possibility of normal birth (without the pool) and c-section (just in case).

Buy the way, wanted to ask, when does the MW check if the baby is engaged/dropped? is it like a standard check?

I am so happy to see my MW this Wednesday, as I haven't seen her since 21 weeks (had student MW at 25 and 28 week appointment)... I have so many questions for her!

Hi Vera,

They will check weather engaged or not when they are feeling babies position during your appointment. when they press really low down on your belly, just above your pubic bone, with their thumb one side and fingers the other they will press in hard (kinda like they are trying to grab your baby through your tummy! lol) thats when they are seeing if it's engaged. Sorry thats the only way i could think of to describe it!:haha:
They will write in your notes if they check. mine says 'free' (i think). My boy prob wont engage until right near the end. i think the majority of 1st babies start engaging around 35-37 weeks!
However some babies don't engage until labour starts!

xxx

I would love a 3d/4d scan but just don't think we can afford it. I have been looking in to NHS 3d/4d scans as some hospitals are offering the scans a bit cheaper for about £65. Doesn't seem to be any hospitals close to me that are offering this though!

Have you not had a mw appointment for 9 weeks then Vera?!! I have had a student in on some of my appointments but my normal mw is always there. I'm hoping there isnt a student there next time as they can be really rough with poking and prodding. I might say ouch next time!
I don't think mine has engaged yet - he is moving about all over the place! x

Have you not had a mw appointment for 9 weeks then Vera?!! I have had a student in on some of my appointments but my normal mw is always there. I'm hoping there isnt a student there next time as they can be really rough with poking and prodding. I might say ouch next time!
I don't think mine has engaged yet - he is moving about all over the place! x

I had, but not with my MW. I only saw the Student MW... The first time they had too many patients, so my MW came in the end to sign the papers, and at my 28weeks appt, my MW was on holidays, so the same student MW was there instead. I am so upset about it that I even made a point to write on my Birth plan that I DON'T want any students present! lol I have studentfobia!

Mine is really weird, He is in the same position all the time. He was head down with his side to my spine since my 21 week scan and every time I was checked, he only changed side. Was with his feet to my left, and now his feet are on my right. I always felt his head down...
I hope its normal...

I had, but not with my MW. I only saw the Student MW... The first time they had too many patients, so my MW came in the end to sign the papers, and at my 28weeks appt, my MW was on holidays, so the same student MW was there instead. I am so upset about it that I even made a point to write on my Birth plan that I DON'T want any students present! lol I have studentfobia!

Are the student mw allowed to do appointments on their own? The ones I have had are always supervised by my normal mw. Really wouldn't be comfortable with a student on their own just incase they missed something. Last time the student got confused with position saying what was actually his bum she thought was his head! Thankfully my mw checked and confirmed that the student was wrong. He is still oblique I think as can easily feel where his hands and feet are! I think you can say that you don't want to be seen by a student. x

I have a student phobia as well and we are entitled to say we do NOT want to be seen by students!!! I am hoping she is not there tomorrow Vera! I have my MW appointment tomorrow to and it is D day for my sister and her husband, she is allowed to do a pregnancy test but was admitted to hospital on early hours of sunday with complications from IVF so I am hoping she is still pregnant.................

Vera your scan is amazing. Wish we could afford one but hey ho not long to wait!! I really want to know what posiion baby is in. I have written a rough BP but MW not asked for it yet.....don't know whether to just say 'Do you want to look at my BP?!' lol.

Rebecca I cannot believe they have been trying to get in contact with you about reports!! Deal with it yourself lol. I only have 23 working days left....I can do it!!! HAHA.

Are the student mw allowed to do appointments on their own? The ones I have had are always supervised by my normal mw. Really wouldn't be comfortable with a student on their own just incase they missed something....I think you can say that you don't want to be seen by a student. x

I agree with Rebecca. I wouldn't be comfortable with a student who was unsupervised.

xxx

Rebecca I have stolen your new ticker if I can remember how to get it on here! Hope you don't mind!!!

I have a student phobia as well and we are entitled to say we do NOT want to be seen by students!!! I am hoping she is not there tomorrow Vera! I have my MW appointment tomorrow to and it is D day for my sister and her husband, she is allowed to do a pregnancy test but was admitted to hospital on early hours of sunday with complications from IVF so I am hoping she is still pregnant.................

Vera your scan is amazing. Wish we could afford one but hey ho not long to wait!! I really want to know what posiion baby is in. I have written a rough BP but MW not asked for it yet.....don't know whether to just say 'Do you want to look at my BP?!' lol.

Rebecca I cannot believe they have been trying to get in contact with you about reports!! Deal with it yourself lol. I only have 23 working days left....I can do it!!! HAHA.

Charlie i hope your sister is ok and i'll be keeping my fingers crossed for her.

I am going to take my birth plan in to my mw next wednesday for her to check over and change bits if needed, then i will go through it with dh! that should be interesting!! he has no idea about labour! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->