Due around 12th Aug, and looking for a bump buddy

I had, but not with my MW. I only saw the Student MW... The first time they had too many patients, so my MW came in the end to sign the papers, and at my 28weeks appt, my MW was on holidays, so the same student MW was there instead. I am so upset about it that I even made a point to write on my Birth plan that I DON'T want any students present! lol I have studentfobia!

Are the student mw allowed to do appointments on their own? The ones I have had are always supervised by my normal mw. Really wouldn't be comfortable with a student on their own just incase they missed something. Last time the student got confused with position saying what was actually his bum she thought was his head! Thankfully my mw checked and confirmed that the student was wrong. He is still oblique I think as can easily feel where his hands and feet are! I think you can say that you don't want to be seen by a student. x

I don't think they should, but obviously she was allowed... :shrug:
I was really amazed by her measurements and her "knowledge"... Maybe I should mention something to my MW..

I am thinking to take my BP with me tomorrow to the appointment, will show it to the MW even if she will not ask.

LOL, I have a car renting advert running in this window, and my cat was trying to catch the car in the advert (it crosses the advert from one side to another)...

I only have 23 working days left....I can do it!!! HAHA.

LOL... I have 21 and I am so fed up!!! :growlmad:
My manager treats me like I am already on Mat leave... He doesn't give me anything to do... so I sit at my deck, doing nothing! I hate it!
He say that he doesn't want me to start any project as he will need someone to finish it in case I don't feel well or decide to leave early... It seams unfair to me as it was like this since I came back from Turkey... 26 weeks... come on! :dohh:

I'm a bit gutted :(

i had planned to put a large wall decal/sticker on the wall above the cot with a really sweet quote. I also bought a small decal/sticker of dd's name for above her headboard. when applying it it took off some of the paint :( i don't have any spare of this paint and have no idea what the colour is or where i got it from so now i'm thinking i will have to repaint that room!! i thought i'd finished with all the big redecorating stuff and just had small finishing touches to do :cry: theres no way i can put the big one over the cot as the same will happen as it's the same room :cry:

Nothing has gone straight forward lately, everything wev'e bought has either been not what we expected (bigger/smaller), has had bits missing, wrong size, doesn't fit together properly or has generally been cheap and nasty :cry:

i give up!

I have my MW appointment tomorrow to and it is D day for my sister and her husband, she is allowed to do a pregnancy test but was admitted to hospital on early hours of sunday with complications from IVF so I am hoping she is still pregnant.................

Rebecca I cannot believe they have been trying to get in contact with you about reports!! Deal with it yourself lol. I only have 23 working days left....I can do it!!! HAHA.

I really hope it's good news for your sister tomorrow! Will keep everything crossed for them.

I know - my school are crazy though and tbh I'm not surprised!! I went to doctors today and have a UTI and some viral infection which is why I have been feeling so dizzy apparently. Have told school that I'm not well and to basically leave me alone. I think they have got the message and if they contact me again my union will go and see them! It's really not long to go for you Charlie!! I bet your class are so excited - my class were so lovely, really miss them. x

I'm a bit gutted :(

i had planned to put a large wall decal/sticker on the wall above the cot with a really sweet quote. I also bought a small decal/sticker of dd's name for above her headboard. when applying it it took off some of the paint :( i don't have any spare of this paint and have no idea what the colour is or where i got it from so now i'm thinking i will have to repaint that room!! i thought i'd finished with all the big redecorating stuff and just had small finishing touches to do :cry: theres no way i can put the big one over the cot as the same will happen as it's the same room :cry:

Nothing has gone straight forward lately, everything wev'e bought has either been not what we expected (bigger/smaller), has had bits missing, wrong size, doesn't fit together properly or has generally been cheap and nasty :cry:

i give up!

Oh no! I hate it when you do something and it's not right or goes wrong! We have finished painting a room and were very careful masking taped etc. Just taken masking tape off and its pulled loads of paint off!! Grrr.... Have also bought some kitchen cupboard paint to paint our units and we did some on a small area but it's not the right colour, just doesn't look good which is frustrating!

Could you get some smaller stickers for the wall that could go with the bigger one to put over the patches? I know you can get some lovely butterflies etc. Keep thinking of your little baby - he isn't going to mind and will love you whatever! x

LOL, I have a car renting advert running in this window, and my cat was trying to catch the car in the advert (it crosses the advert from one side to another)...[/QUOTE]

Hahahah!:haha:

Love cats!!

Aww Chelsea sorry to hear about the painting disaster...can you not try and take a picture and colour match it at B and Q???? Or like Rebecca said smaller stickers? She is also right in the fact that your LO will love you and hubbie whatever and won't mind about it but also know how annoying it must be.

I love cats to they make me laugh! My fingeras are crossed for my sister to! Rebecca you are 33 weeks (a honey dew?!) and Vera 31 weeks today!! Yah! Yeah I knwo it isn't long to go and children are very sweet and excited! Lol.

Vera that is slightly unfair as you can't be expected to sit and do nothing for the rest of your time at work that will make it go really slowly and boring for you :o( I hope he can compromise and find some smaller projects for you to do......

have a good day! best get on with preparing for my day. MW app at 11! xxx

Oooo hadn't noticed! I am now a Honeydew!!! OMG!!! The one before the watermelon eeeeek! I remember when I was a blueberry haha!
Please let us know how your sister is? Vera I agree with Charlie, your work cannot expect you to sit and do nothing for 21 days! Or if they do just say that they will be paying you for going on facebook all day and baby and bump website!!
Yes Charlie you had better get ready for the day - they'll be in soon! x

Oh no! I hate it when you do something and it's not right or goes wrong! We have finished painting a room and were very careful masking taped etc. Just taken masking tape off and its pulled loads of paint off!! Grrr.... Have also bought some kitchen cupboard paint to paint our units and we did some on a small area but it's not the right colour, just doesn't look good which is frustrating!

Could you get some smaller stickers for the wall that could go with the bigger one to put over the patches? I know you can get some lovely butterflies etc. Keep thinking of your little baby - he isn't going to mind and will love you whatever! x

I painted my kitchen cupboards too, although it keeps chipping off where they are opened (non-handled ones iykwim). i have spare of the paint though so just touch up any chips now and again.

I will post a pic of what has happened with the wall decal, it was my dd's name that i did, not the large one for the cot, but as it's the same room i know the same thing will happen if i tried to do the big one too :(

Charlie how is your sister? has she tested yet? As far as i know my sisters little bean is still hanging in there so hopefully the same will happen for your sister too.

What will happen to our thread once our LO's are here? Will we start a thread in another section? is anyone planning to leave the site for the most part ones your LO is here and you are settled into parenthood?
tbh i can't really see me using the site once lo is here but i'd miss you ladies :cry:

I painted my kitchen cupboards too, although it keeps chipping off where they are opened (non-handled ones iykwim). i have spare of the paint though so just touch up any chips now and again.

I will post a pic of what has happened with the wall decal, it was my dd's name that i did, not the large one for the cot, but as it's the same room i know the same thing will happen if i tried to do the big one too :(

What will happen to our thread once our LO's are here? Will we start a thread in another section? is anyone planning to leave the site for the most part ones your LO is here and you are settled into parenthood?
tbh i can't really see me using the site once lo is here but i'd miss you ladies :cry:

Which kitchen paint did you use? I'm not sure the one we have is very good - seems quite watery and really hard to get it even. Did you sand your cupboards down first? We are trying to get a creamy colour as have painted the walls a pale blue and have grey tiles on floor.

I don't know what will happen to our thread! It's quite sad. We have so many posts, would be sad to see it disappear but I agree once babies have arrived not sure I will have time to go on the internet much. I would miss you all too! We could try and arrange a meet when all our little babies have arrived! xx

Which kitchen paint did you use? I'm not sure the one we have is very good - seems quite watery and really hard to get it even. Did you sand your cupboards down first? We are trying to get a creamy colour as have painted the walls a pale blue and have grey tiles on floor.

I don't know what will happen to our thread! It's quite sad. We have so many posts, would be sad to see it disappear but I agree once babies have arrived not sure I will have time to go on the internet much. I would miss you all too! We could try and arrange a meet when all our little babies have arrived! xx

I used normal kitchen and bathroom paint and half attempted to sand them down, hence the chipping! :dohh: really couldn't be arsed to do it properly! i want a new kitchen eventually anyway so it's sort of a temporary measure!

it is sad isnt it :cry: i wonder if there is a way to save it to my computer??!?!? it would be great to be able to read it in years to come! :thumbup: i wonder where we would meet? would be nice to meet you one day xxx

Oooo if you find a way to somehow get this thread you'll have to let me know. Would love to keep this. Imagine reading it in a few years time! All the things we have talked about!

Think I might have to do a bit of sanding! I'm hoping by painting the units and getting a new work top will really help transform our kitchen! hahah! Will have to see! As much as I'd love to put a whole new kitchen in there is not a chance we can afford that right now.

Could always meet at a central spot for us all. Would be amazing to meet everyone and their babies after we have talked about them so much! xxx

Chelsea, I am so sorry you are having problems with your painting. I don't have any advice as I never did anything like that... I think, when everything is not working the way you want, you should just take it easy and leave it for a while on the side. Come back to it a bit later.

Charlie, I really wish all the best to your sister! Any news from her?

We've been to our first Antenatal classes yesterday. It was very nice, the MW was very nice and helpful and the other couples seem very friendly. I didn't expect so many couples- we where about 12-13 couples, most of them expecting their first. Cant wait for next session.

Had my MW appointment today, and was happy to see my MW again. I showed her my Birth plan, and she approved and explain about some things that she thought I should know (about the walking epidural for example). And overall I am pleased with my appointment. My next one is in 3 weeks time.

I am sure I will be coming here from time to time after Liam is here, but mainly for some advice. If not, we do have facebook... no?
I would love to meet you when the babies are here!
Charlie, where are you from?

I think Charlie is in London so maybe Basingstoke or reading would be central?

Yes I will take your advise Vera and concentrate on things that can't go wrong for now!
I'm glad you had a good appointment today :thumbup:

I was going through the thread last night trying to find out where Charlie is from - I'm sure she said. I have a feeling it's Essex - maybe Southend? Not too sure though... Really want to know how her sister got on yesterday? Charlie!!! Where are youuuuuu?

Glad you enjoyed your class Vera. I loved ours and it was lovely meeting other couples.
x

Lol. I have sent you a message on fb as well but thought Id reply on here to!! Yes my sister is pregnant whoop whoop. Glad your sister is doing well to! It would be wicked if we could meet up.....I am from Kent.....nearly right lol. Where are you all from again???

My little brother is quite a whizz on computers so I will ask him if there is a fairly simple way of saving this thread as I agree it would be cool to read again in years to come and we could carry on on fb and then come on here for advice?! I would miss you all to.

Fantastic news about your sister! Yes if you can get your brother to see if there is a way to download it that would be amazing! I'm in Hertfordshire and I'm sure Vera is too. Chelsea are you in Portsmouth? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->