Due around 12th Aug, and looking for a bump buddy

8lb10oz (didnt really suffer too many aches and pains) and 9lb (lots of back ache and shoulder pains).
are you tall Vera? i'm 5.9"

Nop... not that tall, I am only 5'6... and Hubby is 5'7 ... OOOpsy...
Every time I had a scan he was measured slightly bigger the average. His legs are quite long (and very strong, I can feel them hitting me)

maybe he's going to be a footballer! lol.
i didn't know weather the pain under the shoulder had anything to do with tall people maybe carrying higher or something? my pain eased off after he dropped but now he's grown and filled the space up again the pain is back worse than before :dohh:

Really sorry to hear about all your back and shoulder pains! Sounds awful. My hips are pretty painful - and have had lower back pain today but that could be due to moving nursery furniture yesterday (not a good idea of mine!) Thankfully don't have the shoulder problems but then I'm pretty short 5'4 so maybe it is to do with height? Have a feeling mine is going to be a big boy too - eeek! All the boys in our family have been big, my brother was 10lb my grandad was 11.5lb and was born with no C section or anything!
Not sure what to do about the name situation. It was probably my favourite out of the few we had. My mum thinks that if I feel I should call him that then I should anyway. We're going to be moving to Dorset within 5 years so might not see them again. What do you think? Would you? x

did you say she was a close friend? i dont know what i'd do :shrug: thats a tuffie!!

Wow you do have big uns' in your family :-/ scary!!

If she is a close friend, I probably would choose another name, but if it is someone you don't see too often, then I don't see any problem.
I was just thinking it would be awkward if your kids will grow up together, and will have the same names...

No it's not like we are best friends or anything, met her through NCT classes. The name I love is Harry! So I guess it's quite a popular name... I do love it though. Boys names are so hard - I had loads and loads of gorgeous girls names to choose from that I liked but only a couple of boys ones. x

i think in that case you should call him harry. it is a popular name so it's not like it's something really random and 'out there' that you could have copied from her. it's not like shes your best friend and like you said if you move you probably wouldn't see her. i'd go with harry and if she gets funny then it's not like you've lost a best friend or anything.

xx

Did you hear anything from charlie?

I still can not grasp the idea that I might have a baby anytime soon. What if he will come earlier... I am not ready yet. Have so much to do before...
I received a phone call today from our health centre, I will be having my first physiotherapy appointment next friday, its long time to wait, but its a progress.

Yeh I think I will see what he looks like and if I still love that name more than the other 2 names we have, I think we will.
No haven't heard anything from Charlie - hope all is going well. Still can't believe that she has had her little baby already. I know what you mean Vera - we still have loads to do, but we're gonna try and get it all done this week just in case our little guy decides to make an early appearance. Saying that I'll prob go 2 weeks overdue now!! God I hope not!! Picking up the pool this afternoon :) Going to get that all set up at the wkend.
That's fantastic news about your physio app! Bet you're sort of thinking 'about bloody time!'
Going to see Harry Potter this afternoon! Hope you're having lovely days ladies! xxx

Just done a little bit of facebook stalking - I think Charlie is still in hospital from a comment that was made on fb but not sure. It's a shame we can't send her a card or some flowers. x

her address is on our messages on facebook as i sent her some nappy coupons!! i may send a card. do you think she will mind?

xxx

vera im glad about your physio :happydance: i hope it gives you some relief in your last few weeks!

Thanks for address - I'm gonna send a card definitely. I think she'll like it. I would! x

Thanks Chelsea! I will send a card as well... Just need to get to the shop... and that is almost mission impossible for me this days... lol

Thanks Chelsea! I will send a card as well... Just need to get to the shop... and that is almost mission impossible for me this days... lol

Also need to get to shops to get a card. Will try and do it today or tomorrow. Went to cinema yesterday - orange wednesday love it! Although I'm sure we spent that much on popcorn! Ate it all before movie even started. Never realised how uncomfortable those chairs in the cinema are!! xxx

what did you watch? i want to see the new transformers one. :thumbup:

ive been constantly hungry lately. i put on 3lbs this week so far and 3lbs last week!! WTF!! 6lb in 2 weeks aint good! lol. i always put loads of weight on in the final weeks though. maybe im making the most of being able to eat what i want,when i want! i'm guna miss being a pig! lol :haha:

Went to see Harry Potter - was brilliant but then I am a huge Harry Potter fan!! OMG I have put on loads of weight!! Can't believe it! Weighed myself at swimming pool - couldn't even use the usual excuse of maybe it's my clothes that weigh so much!! I was 8 stone when we got married in August 2010 and am now about 9 and half!!!!! Must have a heavy baby!!! Although you do lose quite a bit when you give birth I've been told with all the fluid etc .

Iv'e put on roughly 2 stone from 136lbs to 162.8lbs i started at 9.9st and now i'm 11.8st. yea you do lose quite alot from giving birth. i found this online........

At birth, your baby will weigh approximately 3,300g (7.3lb).

• During pregnancy, the muscle layer of your womb (uterus) grows dramatically and weighs an extra 900g (2lb).

• The placenta (afterbirth), which keeps your baby nourished, weighs 600g (1.3lb).

• Your breasts weigh an extra 400g (0.9lb).

• Your blood volume increases and weighs an extra 1,200g (2.6lb)
• You have extra fluid in your body, and amniotic fluid around the baby, weighing 2,600g (5.7lb).
3 years ago

I'm within my weight gain range for my weight and height (i was below for quite alot of my preg) but now i'm nearing the top of my range so if i keep putting on like i have been this past few weeks and baby stays put for at least 2 more weeks i'll prob be above my recommended weight range :dohh:
i'm not fussed, i'll worry about it after he arrives. :baby:

i've not watched any harry potters i'm ashamed to say. the kids have tho. i may invest in a box set of them all when they release one.:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->