Due around 12th Aug, and looking for a bump buddy

Lol ladies, you make me laugh! Chelsea,2 stones sound good weight gain to me, and you look very good and slim if looking from the front (FB!).
Rebecca, 1 and a half stone its a very very good weight gain! Well done!

I have put loads! 3 stones!!!!
I knew I would, as that is what my mum gained with me and I was on a diet just before getting pregnant, so my body was missing a lot (had no cheese and no red meet for 1 year).
So who should cry here... lol
I am not too worried, as I lost 3 stones before, so I can do it again.

Quick question, what thermometer (to check temperature) are you doing to use for the baby?

Ooo well done for finding that info Chelsea! Makes me feel better! The weight must have gone somewhere not just on my bum!!! I am just soooo hungry at the moment - loving loving food! Had indian last night and ate loads! Not too fussed about the weight really, I guess it's one of the times you don't need to feel bad about piling on pounds!
Harry Potter movies are great - the first few are not scary at all but the last few have been pretty scary! I'm waiting for the box set too! Love it!
Not sure about thermometer. Have heard the ear ones can sometimes not be that accurate as they have such tiny ears that it can't get accurate reading. Under arm is apparently best place to check temperature when new born or up bum (don't fancy that though). x

you look very good and slim if looking from the front (FB!).
Rebecca, 1 and a half stone its a very very good weight gain! Well done!

I have put loads! 3 stones!!!!
I knew I would, as that is what my mum gained with me and I was on a diet just before getting pregnant, so my body was missing a lot (had no cheese and no red meet for 1 year).
So who should cry here... lol
I am not too worried, as I lost 3 stones before, so I can do it again.

ha ha thank you! i love that picture, it made me laugh when i took it. if i turn to the side my big round belly looks funny too! :haha:

yes i agree that 1.5stone is great rebecca :thumbup:

Wow! well done for losing all that weight! :thumbup: i only ever lose weight when i'm stressed or upset etc! so i know losing the weight after will be hard. i'm rubbish at exercise and i love food, i'm also the worlds laziest person too! :sleep: :dohh:

Quick question, what thermometer (to check temperature) are you doing to use for the baby?

Do you mean room thermometer or one for checking babies temperature?

checking babies temperature.

I am lazy too, I didnt do much exercise, only changed my diet and cut the portions size. I think I will lose quick after as I haven't been eating that bad (most of my meals and snacks are fruits and salads) so just cut on sweets and I am good to go :)

i haven't got one yet. dug out my old one from when dd's were little but it doesn't work anymore :dohh: it was a digital one you put under an armpit or tongue. the best ones go in the ear i think but are really expensive. i'll probably get one the same as my old one :shrug:

Just looking on Ebay and there are some ear thermometers from recognized / respectable large brands at really good prices. i think i may get one. :thumbup:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LINDAM-DIGITAL-2-1-EAR-FOREHEAD-BABY-THERMOMETER-/310321571260?pt=UK_Baby_safety_Thermometers_ET&hash=item48409b65bc#ht_1401wt_905

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Braun-Thermoscan-Compact-Ear-Thermometer-IRT3020-NEW-/150416036143?pt=UK_Baby_safety_Thermometers_ET&hash=item23057e912f#ht_812wt_905

Ok, thanks girls, other thing to think about.. Decisions, decisions...

We have the forehead thermometer at home, but I don't think its very accurate. It always show very low temperature for me, 34.5-35.5c.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Braun-Thermoscan-Compact-Ear-Thermometer-IRT3020-NEW-/150416036143?pt=UK_Baby_safety_Thermometers_ET&hash=item23057e912f#ht_812wt_905

I found the same thermometer cheeper on amazon (not sure about delivery as we don't pay for it).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001Q3LWKW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Have heard the ear ones sometimes aren't so good as their ears are too tiny for it to fit properly. Might get one for when he is older but otherwise think I'll get one for under arm. Hoping to get Angelcare monitor - is that the one you have Vera? Does it have a talk back feature that you can talk to baby through monitor?

Rebecca, yes I have the Angelcare. I was looking if you could talk back to your baby, and can't find this info anywhere. I will ask hubby when he is back from work.

Yeh that would be great. As if it does then it is my perfect monitor!!! x

Checked with Hubby, he doesn't think it work both ways, you only can hear the baby...

Oh Bum! Was hoping to have my monitor sorted! Was also hoping to go and get cotbed matress later on this afternoon but the mamas and papas one we wanted has sold out in Argos!

Went into town today to post Charlie's card and completely forgot to post it!!!! ArghhhHH! How are you both? Any signs of your LOs coming? x

Went into town today to post Charlie's card and completely forgot to post it!!!! ArghhhHH! How are you both? Any signs of your LOs coming? x

i remembered to post today (i'm normally terrible at posting things).
Have been in agony this afternoon, not quite sure why? i think baby is really low and is pushing on everything down there, had really bad pains like when you need to poo (NICE!!) and i happened to be on way to asda! GREAT! luckily i had dh and dd's with me so i didnt have to push trolley or pack etc. :thumbup:
Been having strong BH too but nothing worth while!
i think my little man will be in there for the long haul!

How about you? i think i saw in a thread you lost some plug?

Not really sure what it was tbh! Was pretty gross! Haven't had anything since apart from really strong BH and shooting type pains when I decided to go on long walk with dogs! Nothing came of them though. Feel absolutely fine today - woke up at 7.15 and decided to go downstairs and clean the kitchen - completely! Not just my usual wipe down of all surfaces, I did the whole sweep floors, bleach floor, wipe cupboards etc.!! Not even a BH this morning!! Who knows what's going on?!! I don't really want him to come before wednesday anyway as have kitchen worktops being done Mon and Tues, and electrician on Wednesday. Also, my favourite mw will come if it's on Thurs, Fri or Sat or Sun!
I think you'll be next Chelsea!!! I think you'll have a July baby!!! xxx

I posted my card yesterday.

Rebecca, I think you will be first, then chelsea and I will stay here last.
Don't worry girls, they will come out when they are ready... our boys taking their time.

I have finally cleaned part of the nursery, and put all hubby's things in the office, he didn't seem to be upset about it.
Cleaned all the furniture and put all the things in the drawers. All I need now is to finish the decoration- will be painting 3 pictures by myself- giraffe, lion and a zebra :)

Not really sure what it was tbh! Was pretty gross! Haven't had anything since apart from really strong BH and shooting type pains when I decided to go on long walk with dogs! Nothing came of them though. Feel absolutely fine today - woke up at 7.15 and decided to go downstairs and clean the kitchen - completely! Not just my usual wipe down of all surfaces, I did the whole sweep floors, bleach floor, wipe cupboards etc.!! Not even a BH this morning!! Who knows what's going on?!! I don't really want him to come before wednesday anyway as have kitchen worktops being done Mon and Tues, and electrician on Wednesday. Also, my favourite mw will come if it's on Thurs, Fri or Sat or Sun!
I think you'll be next Chelsea!!! I think you'll have a July baby!!! xxx

i get shooting pains, stitch pains, pains i can't describe! lol everything hurts atm! is that how you feel? i don't have any idea of when he will come i think august but hubby thinks july?? :shrug:
i think one or both of you will be before me though! i can see me being last :cry:

lol.

I posted my card yesterday.

Rebecca, I think you will be first, then chelsea and I will stay here last.
Don't worry girls, they will come out when they are ready... our boys taking their time.

I have finally cleaned part of the nursery, and put all hubby's things in the office, he didn't seem to be upset about it.
Cleaned all the furniture and put all the things in the drawers. All I need now is to finish the decoration- will be painting 3 pictures by myself- giraffe, lion and a zebra :)

glad your nursery is finally underway :thumbup: i would love to see your pictures when you finished :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->