Due early August want to wait it out together?

Had my 28 week appointment today... Still for and well and on the list for a HB

I want a home birth but have a high BMI and my consultant has now filled DH's was with horror stories of what could go wrong so now I'm pushed more towards a hospital birth too keep him happy!!

I just don't know what to do to be honest. If I'm at home and something does go wrong I won't ever forgive myself for being stubborn and stay at he but then I don't want labour to be more stressful because I'm hating being in hospital which will just make me bitch at DH! Aargh!

I've always gone for a midwife led environment (been lucky to be low risk and have a midwife led unit at both hospitals). Home birth isn't my cup of tea to be honest - even though I know there are lot of pro's I like the fact that I can leave, no mess to clean up etc and all my meals are provided lol.

If you're unsure could you try to labour for as long as possible at home before transferring. Best of both worlds as you can stay at home for a long time but when you feel like the time is right you could jump in the car and be in that medicalised environment? :shrug:

If you want a home birth though, I would always say at least try for one. You know what you can/want to do, and your hubby is probably just scared so find some literature that is more pro and see if that makes him feel any better about it.

Had my 28 week appointment today... Still for and well and on the list for a HB

I want a home birth but have a high BMI and my consultant has now filled DH's was with horror stories of what could go wrong so now I'm pushed more towards a hospital birth too keep him happy!!

I just don't know what to do to be honest. If I'm at home and something does go wrong I won't ever forgive myself for being stubborn and stay at he but then I don't want labour to be more stressful because I'm hating being in hospital which will just make me bitch at DH! Aargh!

I've always gone for a midwife led environment (been lucky to be low risk and have a midwife led unit at both hospitals). Home birth isn't my cup of tea to be honest - even though I know there are lot of pro's I like the fact that I can leave, no mess to clean up etc and all my meals are provided lol.

If you're unsure could you try to labour for as long as possible at home before transferring. Best of both worlds as you can stay at home for a long time but when you feel like the time is right you could jump in the car and be in that medicalised environment? :shrug:

If you want a home birth though, I would always say at least try for one. You know what you can/want to do, and your hubby is probably just scared so find some literature that is more pro and see if that makes him feel any better about it.

There are reasons putting me off hospital https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/1805043-ex-factor.html

But I'm kinda over that now... However in my head I wanted a home birth from the start so I'm in that mind frame.

I have thought about staying at home as long as poss with a Tens machine.

I just really like the idea of beig at home straight after. The clean up will be done by midwives as they take everything to incinerate and anything else will be sorted by my mum so I'm not worried about that.

She said we'll make a desicion at my next appointment so I have 4 weeks to decide!

I'm planning a homebirth :thumbup:

If I were you and wasn't entirely sure but origninally wanted a homebirth I would plan to be at home and then if you get to the point where you change your mind you can always transfer in right up until the last minute? My midwife drilled it into me that at any point we can change our minds without a problem!!
My worst nightmare would be to go into hospital, just the thought terrifies me, whereas I have no fear of giving birth at all....apparently that makes me odd :haha:
Seriously though, talk to your dh and see if he would be happy with you planning to be at home and then if he or you get too nervous you can always go in :thumbup:

I'm planning a homebirth :thumbup:

If I were you and wasn't entirely sure but origninally wanted a homebirth I would plan to be at home and then if you get to the point where you change your mind you can always transfer in right up until the last minute? My midwife drilled it into me that at any point we can change our minds without a problem!!
My worst nightmare would be to go into hospital, just the thought terrifies me, whereas I have no fear of giving birth at all....apparently that makes me odd :haha:
Seriously though, talk to your dh and see if he would be happy with you planning to be at home and then if he or you get too nervous you can always go in :thumbup:

Thank you. Yes I just have this lovely vision of us all at home and then not waiting to be discharged or DH not having to leave us at the hospital etc.

I've always said I'd see what the midwives thought. If they think I defo should have a hospital birth then I won't go against them.

If they think my pregnancy is probl free enough for me to stay at he then I am going to try.

Gonna think long and hard about it over the next 4 weeks and see if my mind is any clearer.

I'm not at all scared of giving birth or hospitals I just want a fast labour (doesn't everyone) and going to hospital may slow its down etc.
want to be as comfy and carefree as poss n just be able to be in a familiar environment!

Just wanted to check in. My 3-hour glucose test was on Tuesday - I passed! So excited I don't have to worry about GD! I was told I'm anemic at my 1-hour test and so I've been taking iron twice a day and hopefully getting that in check. Baby has been kicking like a champ the past few days. I have had several friends/family members give birth in the past week and I am just dying for August to get here so I can meet my LO!!!!!!

Awww that is such a cute little bump! I'm VERY pregnant right now and look pretty much like I could go at any time (and I've got 3 months to go! lol) Guess it's the peril of it being my 3rd baby - very little muscle left to hold everyting in! lol :blush:

Me, too! I feel like I'm as big as a house! (But this is only #2 for me!)

Morning Ladies hope your all well.

Anyone else starting to heat up? I feel like baby has lit an internal fire, constantly peeling off layers at the moment!

Xx

To add insult to injury the acid reflux is a killer!

Hair and nails still fab though got to look on the plus side ;-)

Xx

I also did my glucose testing a few days ago. I got a call from my midwife and was scared as I thought she was going to say I have GD but turns out my iron levels were still low (at 10) even tho I have been prescribed to take them twice a day so now I have to take them 3 times a day. ugh!!:dohh:

I'm normally a cold person but even I've noticed, especially at night, that I'm getting hot easily.

Hey Ladies just wondering how you are all doing?

That's me 30wks today - into single digit count down now!

BH has kicked in with killer back pain and a nice dose of insomnia to top it off

Hope your all well xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->