Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

Minni - your sister is a freak of nature! :)haha: only joking!) That's amazing though. I think I'd have caved and told her.

Boothh - I didn't know Maccy D milkshakes were illegal for preggos! Not that I ever go there, but do you know on what grounds?

Trinity - I don't drink milk either, but try to have yogurt and/or cheese during the day.

OH asked today when I would start showing. I told him I reckon bigger people don't show so soon, and a friend who is very slim didn't show for ages, but she has great muscle tone. I'm generally a slim build (though the IVF and build up to it gave me a bit of a tum!) but don't have the muscle tone, so I told him I reckoned I'd be a candidate for showing sooner rather than later!
OH wouldn't brave Mamas and Papas with me today. I didn't go in on my own (I went a couple of weeks back, but was hoping he'd come for a look around) but he said I could tell him all about the things we'd need! I called him a cowardy custard!

Haha. So my sister, who is 34 weeks pregnant, told me she had a dream last night that I was pregnant and when I asked her how far along I was in the dream she said 8 weeks!!! Oh man. I almost lost it. I kept my cover and lied though. Feel kinda bad but I'm not telling until 12!

That's crazy, she must have some kind of sixth sense! :haha: I bet it was hard for you not to say anything!

It was very hard not to say anything!! I want to tell her but don't at the same time.

Iv already told close family, but they would've a found out anyway when I'm sick and stuff. My mum actually asked me if I was before I took the test lol! And DH did. I'm that obvious haha!

Luckily, I haven't been too sick. I get nauseous if I don't eat but haven't gotten sick sick at all so it's not obvious, I guess. Though I have been extremely tired but my cousin just days I'm old when I yawn constantly. I'm ok with that. (He's 6 months older):haha:

I would have told too Minni! But I kind of tell quite a lot of people early as I figure if anything did happened want them to know and support me. Now we've had the scan at 9 weeks I've told even more people - I know anything could still happen but that holds true throughout and the risks now are less.

As for eating, I'm still nauseous and my appetite is still rubbish though it's picked up a bit. I only lost another 1lb this week! Even DH commented that my tummy seemed thinner & I'm in trousers that haven't fitted since I had DS2 - it's slightly surreal! I'm making an effort and trying to make healthy choices, I've been craving cheese and Greek yogurt at times so the gain is sure to start soon!

I told pretty much everyone back in August when I found out but when it ended in mmc I wasn't too thrilled about the awkward "how's the pregnancy going?" questions and having to answer "Oh. Uh. I lost it." So this time around we decided we would only tell two people, my best friend and DF's best friend, until after 12 weeks.

Minni - your sister is a freak of nature! :)haha: only joking!) That's amazing though. I think I'd have caved and told her.

Boothh - I didn't know Maccy D milkshakes were illegal for preggos! Not that I ever go there, but do you know on what grounds?

Trinity - I don't drink milk either, but try to have yogurt and/or cheese during the day.

OH asked today when I would start showing. I told him I reckon bigger people don't show so soon, and a friend who is very slim didn't show for ages, but she has great muscle tone. I'm generally a slim build (though the IVF and build up to it gave me a bit of a tum!) but don't have the muscle tone, so I told him I reckoned I'd be a candidate for showing sooner rather than later!
OH wouldn't brave Mamas and Papas with me today. I didn't go in on my own (I went a couple of weeks back, but was hoping he'd come for a look around) but he said I could tell him all about the things we'd need! I called him a cowardy custard!

I agree!!! She is a freak of nature! :haha: I freaked out when she told me. I almost panicked and caved but I kept my cool. Kinda wonder if she'll be mad when I do tell her.

I think it's a listeria risk. It's says no soft serve in the bounty book! Both my other pregnancys though it was fine, so I'm happy to take the risk. The rules seem to change constantly!

I think you just have to exercise some caution and common sense with things, don't you? I'm not about to start eating brie sandwiches every week (but I did see in a cafe today, advertised a turkey, brie and cranberry panini and thought 'mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm'!) and drinking every night of the week. That said, I think the occasional runny yolk is unlikely to be harmful, and come Christmas, I figured I'd probably partake in half a glass of wine on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
I'd heard about Mr Whippy/99 ice-creams from a listeria point of view; I guess it must be the same idea, since McD milkshakes are practically icecream! :icecream:

12 weeks today. One more week until I'm officially second tri. Yay. I no longer feel sick, but just a lot hungrier. Two more sleeps until my NT scan!

Haha. So my sister, who is 34 weeks pregnant, told me she had a dream last night that I was pregnant and when I asked her how far along I was in the dream she said 8 weeks!!! Oh man. I almost lost it. I kept my cover and lied though. Feel kinda bad but I'm not telling until 12!

LOL. You have some really strong willpower not to have told after all of that. Your sister is going to have a lot to say when you finally do announce to her!

Cali, I'm sure she will!! But I'm not telling yet! :haha: Can't believe you're 12 weeks already! Can't wait to hear about your scan!

My midwife (UK) said last time that soft eggs were fine as long as they have the lion stamp which means they are vaccinated against salmonella (salmonella is the risk from eggs and we are more susceptible).

About 90% of eggs in the UK have the lion stamp and certainly those from supermarkets will do. I eat runny eggs loads :thumbup:

Ahh joeyjo that's good to know! I love runny eggs so I've been disappointed Everytime I've had to cook them until there hard :haha:

Ok so im driving myself crazy, i had emergency scan at 9 weeks which but put back to 8 weeks 3 days.. baby is ok and everything but i had a huge gut feeling i was having twins... even though scan showed 1 baby ive still got the big gut feeling i'm having twins?!?!

Ok so im driving myself crazy, i had emergency scan at 9 weeks which but put back to 8 weeks 3 days.. baby is ok and everything but i had a huge gut feeling i was having twins... even though scan showed 1 baby ive still got the big gut feeling i'm having twins?!?!

I have heard stories that doctors overlooked the second baby because of their position :haha:

You never know . It's kinda interesting that you feeling this way .

With twins you should have bigger fundal height ( or however you spell it ) and way bigger hcg levels .
Also they say women with twins have way crazier symptoms lasting longer and stronger :shrug:

Are you going to have another scan soon ?

Bought my first purchase today!! A My Brest Friend Nursing pillow. The only time my son nursed properly last time was on this pillow at the lactation consultants. So, because I don't want to exclusively pump this time and want the best chance of nursing, I picked one up! Got it for $15 used rather than $60 new.

My LO still uses his nursing pillow everyday, he lies on it to have his morning milk, and he naps on it too sometimes. It's definitely worth the money!

I'm trying to keep myself awake cus Ted has woke us up being sick. So we've been downstairs watching Dora since 4.30am! He's feeling very sorry for himself :( xx

Ahww poor ted boothh, hope he gets better soon :flower:

I have my scan tomorrow I'm soooo excited but nervous :D

I have heard stories that doctors overlooked the second baby because of their position :haha:

You never know . It's kinda interesting that you feeling this way .

With twins you should have bigger fundal height ( or however you spell it ) and way bigger hcg levels .
Also they say women with twins have way crazier symptoms lasting longer and stronger :shrug:

Are you going to have another scan soon ?

I must say I just knew I was carrying twins before the scan, its just something weird I felt, but there was no denying twins on the scan!

I also don't feel pregnant at all, minimal to no symptoms since finding out so I am not sure if twins really make crazier symptoms, I guess its just the person!

Good luck

Got my booking in appointment on Wednesday! Slightly nervous!! And my 12 weeks scan next Wednesday.. Don't know what I'm going to do when they stop scanning me every two weeks.

Thinking of renting a doppler for a month because by then hopefully I'll be a few weeks off of feeling baby move about.

Does anyone have a feeling about what gender they are having? After my first scan with my daughter I could of bet all the money on her being a girl found out early at 16 weeks but I've got the same feeling this time but I think it's a boy I've been trying to tell myself it's a girl though just to prepare myself.

Hubby took a sickie today coz he has a bit of a cold and we are having a lovely day. He's a contractor and paid by the day so I don't feel like we are cheating anybody but ourselves and the time together is worth it. Off to choose DS1s Xmas presents whilst he is at school, couldn't think of how else we could shop together for them as we have no family here to mind them we would need to pay a babysitter.

Have fun Jo! I did some shopping over the weekend and Stuart had the boys at home. I'm not doing it again though it was too busy haha going to order everything else online I think! x

Have fun Jo! I did some shopping over the weekend and Stuart had the boys at home. I'm not doing it again though it was too busy haha going to order everything else online I think! x

We want to get G a remote control car but matt wants to choose it! I however need approval!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->