Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

Ophelia, :hugs::hugs::hugs: so sorry that seed has been planted in your head. They absolutely should not have taken NT measurements if it was too early. Your baby's lymphatic system is still developing so it may be just due to that. Also if it was taken by someone who is not really trained in NT testing then I would disregard the results altogether and wait to get it done at a perinatologist's office if you decide to go ahead with the testing. The measurements are very precise and there are certain conventions that are to be followed that a regular sonographer may not be versed in. Also the equipment they use is much more sophisticated in the peri's office. It is a night and day difference. I can't tell you the number of times women have been told something is wrong at the OB's office only to go to the peri's office and find that nothing was wrong.

That being said, I think NT testing is useful for any woman whether she would terminate or not. If there is a disorder or a heart defect, it is extremely useful information that you can use for planning. For instance, if your baby has a heart defect and needs immediate surgery, then you can plan to deliver at a hospital that has a NICU and the facilities to perform such a surgery. Sometimes this kind of information can be the difference between life and death for the child.

I know it is stressful though and after I got a positive scan with dd I swore I would never get the testing done again because I stressed out for most of my pregnancy. But in hindsight, I think all of the stress was worth it because it seems like they checked out every single cell of dd's body. If there had been anything wrong I am confident they would have found it so I knew when she was born that she was totally fine.

Ophelia - hugs you can still decline either the advanced scan or more invasive secondary tests if you want - don't be forced into things.

As for movements, I'm not expecting any for a while. I was about 20weeks with DS1 and later (23weeks I think) with DS2 (although once he started moving DS2 would move lots and once flipped twice in one midwife appt - he didn't kick much though more rolls and big movements.

Ophelia , I am sorry you have such a hard time :hugs:

I know how you feel , I have had similar situation with my son , when they told me it's possible he is going to have major hearth or bowel defect and they scheduled scan for me at special facility but they made me wait almost a month for it :wacko:

As it goes for the decision about knowing if lo is healthy .... We cannot tell you what yo do , you have to know what you feel it's right but as an opinion goes , I would wanted to know because as I think Cali said , it's better to be prepared .
I know you gonna love the baby no matter what but I think you gonna feel different knowing exactly what to expect than just waiting for the birth to find out .

Also I don't think the technician was right about doing the test and telling you the results because that's what doctor is suppose to do ( he decide if it's something major to tell you ) .

I hope everything goes well for you and please keep us updated :hugs:

Thanks for replying with your input girls, I really appreciate this thread and the support it gives.

Me and OH have decided that we'll do the NT scan. I just have a feeling that everything is fine but just for the peace of mind we're going to do it. If for some reason I'm wrong and there is something wrong, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

We're delivering in a top rated hospital that is 10 minutes from an amazing children's hospital if anything were to happen.

My appointment with the perinatologist is next Monday so it's not a long wait and I'm assuming they will have the results same day.

Here's a pic of my alien. :) I'm so proud of her! (I'm convinced she's a girl since she's already giving me issues. Lol) plus she's a fighter and was dancing all night long on the ultrasound Friday night. -she gets it from her mama back in the day!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 11
Nice to see all of you ladies doing well :)

Ophelia - sounds like a scare but I think your baby girl :winkwink: is just fine.

I miss being a more active part of this thread! It's funny because if I hadn't gone in for that scan I still would be :haha:. Still no bleeding or cramping here. Still no appetite :sick:. And my boobies hurt one day and not the next. Universe is so cruel sometimes lol. But on the upside I've been inexplicably happy today.

Can't wait to see those 12 week scan pics roll in!

Ophelia, sorry you now have that idea in your head :nope: but I am glad you've made a decision and I hope everything is perfect :)

Confuzion glad to see you in the thread! Missed you being around the last couple of days, glad you are having a good day :D

I have my scan today in 5 hours at 1.20pm!!! I'm so nervous and so excited!!

Morning everyone, I hope everyone is well.

I must admit I haven't really managed to catch up on everything as this group moves so fast! So I have had a quick peruse.

Confuzion, I am so sorry Hun for your loss. You have been so brave especially to stay here through this journey with us. I must admit like others have said I'm glad you have stayed with us though, it wouldn't be the same.

I would also like to say before i give everyone a quick update good luck for everyone else who is having a scan today, I'm sure no one needs it today and I can't wait to see everyone scan pics.

As for me I'm now 12+2 and I am also having my 12 week nt scan today at 9:30. So not long now! As soon as I can I will update with a pic. :) xx

Good luck hazy baby!! I wish mine was at 9.30! feels like I have to wait ages until 1.20! Can't wait to see a pic :D

My 12 week scan isn't for another 3 weeks! (yesterday) when I'll be 13+6. I'm quite disappointed by this, but I'm hoping that I might get a sneaky scan or listen to the heartbeat at my consultant's appointment next week. I had to move my scan date from 13+2 (which was late enough I thought!) as it fell on one of my two working days; unfortunately they didn't have any appointments earlier in the week.

Welp, my NT scan is this afternoon. I heard the baby's heartbeat so I know s/he is alive and well, but I'm so worried about birth defects. I'm hoping I get some good news so I can go ahead and announce. Also I'm hoping to find out the gender!

confuzion, so glad you're still here and posting. You'll always be a part of this thread. I hope you aren't left in limbo too long.

As promised, a scan pic! :) The scan went beautifully, jellybeanie wouldn't stop wiggling and making it very difficult lol. The sonographer seemed very pleased with everything and explained everything as she was measuring. So on that note I will finally announce to all my friends today I think, I have been wanting to tell everyone for so long! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 11
Awww, congrats Hazybaby!! I'm so glad the scan went well!! Have fun announcing to everyone!

Also jellybeanie is measuring at 12+4 so they have my due date now as the 30th May but to be fair I think jellybeanie is just measuring ahead so I'm sticking with the 1st June if all all you ladies don't mind me sticking where I am? :)

Aw hazybaby sounds and looks adorable!

Good luck to everyone else having scans today!

That sonogram makes me so excited for mine!! 10 more days!

I have to do an early GD test today. 3 hours sitting in the blood place with my 2 year old. Elmo is on standby!

Aw such a lovely photo Hazy! Enjoy announcing! I can't wait to do it too. X

Welp, my NT scan is this afternoon. I heard the baby's heartbeat so I know s/he is alive and well, but I'm so worried about birth defects. I'm hoping I get some good news so I can go ahead and announce. Also I'm hoping to find out the gender!

confuzion, so glad you're still here and posting. You'll always be a part of this thread. I hope you aren't left in limbo too long.

Wait! You can find out the gender from a NT scan, or am I reading this wrong?

Hazy - That is a beautiful profile pic! Your little bean cooperated nicely for that one!

Hey Ophelia, untrained sonographers can really do more harm than good sometimes. When my mom was pregnant with my sister the US tech told my mom she would be born with no face because my sister was stubborn and never faced the camera. The US Tech told my mom she should abort the pregnancy because of that. My mom's reaction was "f off" and my sister was born perfectly normal with a face and everything.

I really hope that is the case for you, sorry you got put in that position and everything is A-OK with your little bean!

Hey Ophelia, untrained sonographers can really do more harm than good sometimes. When my mom was pregnant with my sister the US tech told my mom she would be born with no face because my sister was stubborn and never faced the camera. The US Tech told my mom she should abort the pregnancy because of that. My mom's reaction was "f off" and my sister was born perfectly normal with a face and everything.

I really hope that is the case for you, sorry you got put in that position and everything is A-OK with your little bean!

OMG that was awful!!! What a bitch!

Wait! You can find out the gender from a NT scan, or am I reading this wrong?

Yup they sure can. My doc was very confident dd was a girl at 12 weeks. Even though she told me it wasn't 100%, I could tell there was no doubt in her mind. It just depends on how skilled the person doing the sonogram is. Some of the techs may get it wrong but the doctors usually get it right.

Also jellybeanie is measuring at 12+4 so they have my due date now as the 30th May but to be fair I think jellybeanie is just measuring ahead so I'm sticking with the 1st June if all all you ladies don't mind me sticking where I am? :)

Oh you definitely should stay. My little bean was been measuring anywhere from 3 to 5 days ahead at each scan and I am staying put!!

got my appt through for the scan at 11weeks 6 days, which seems really early? I guess it's the xmas break or something?

bit worried about how long the results for the NT scan bit will be - also need to speak to the consultants because of previous pre-eclampsia and being overweight. They better not try to overmanage my pregnancy :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->