Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

I get to hear the heart beat on Thursday! I can't wait! I really wish I was having a 12 weeks scan. Stupid me for saying no to the NT scan :(

Is anyone else finding it hard to think about what they want for Christmas? Everyone keeps asking me and my thoughts go straight to "well as a FTM I have absolutely nothing for baby... I don't want gifts for myself, I want something I can use in 6 months" the only person I want to buy for me is my hubby. :p

I am starting to get really nervous about my scan and I've got nearly three weeks to go! I started off being so positive but now I keep thinking I'm going to be told about a mmc or something. I don't know if it's comig on b&b and hearing stories or not having many symptoms or what but I am going to be a nervous wreck by the time it gets here!

Ok so im driving myself crazy, i had emergency scan at 9 weeks which but put back to 8 weeks 3 days.. baby is ok and everything but i had a huge gut feeling i was having twins... even though scan showed 1 baby ive still got the big gut feeling i'm having twins?!?!

I have heard stories that doctors overlooked the second baby because of their position :haha:

You never know . It's kinda interesting that you feeling this way .

With twins you should have bigger fundal height ( or however you spell it ) and way bigger hcg levels .
Also they say women with twins have way crazier symptoms lasting longer and stronger :shrug:

Are you going to have another scan soon ?

Ok so im driving myself crazy, i had emergency scan at 9 weeks which but put back to 8 weeks 3 days.. baby is ok and everything but i had a huge gut feeling i was having twins... even though scan showed 1 baby ive still got the big gut feeling i'm having twins?!?!

I have heard stories that doctors overlooked the second baby because of their position :haha:

You never know . It's kinda interesting that you feeling this way .

With twins you should have bigger fundal height ( or however you spell it ) and way bigger hcg levels .
Also they say women with twins have way crazier symptoms lasting longer and stronger :shrug:

Are you going to have another scan soon ?

I must say I just knew I was carrying twins before the scan, its just something weird I felt, but there was no denying twins on the scan!

I also don't feel pregnant at all, minimal to no symptoms since finding out so I am not sure if twins really make crazier symptoms, I guess its just the person!

Good luck

Yeah its really stange as hubby thinks so too! we did when we found out, i got bfp at 9DPO.
Ive got a scan on Monday next week :D
Im not sure if the ultrasound tec would of looked propelry, it was so fast just to see if baby was ok and had heartbeat which baby did. I guess i can only wait!

The only symptoms are sore boobs and tired. Also starving all the time!! but i dont feel pregnant :/ yet just feel im carrying twins still even after that scan :shrug:

Ok, some advice needed here.. I applied for a job awhile ago at a university just down the street from us, and I didn't get that one, clearly, but I had someone from another department email me today about a temp job through 6/30. My due date is 6/14, and I know it's a no no to tell them I'm pregnant in the interview. But I feel awkward about potentially getting it and then bailing on the last three weeks.. I'd like the job though, it would be nice to earn a bit of extra money before the baby. I just feel like maybe I should mention it in this case? But I'm only 10 weeks, I haven't even told my parents yet..

Only two sleeps to go until my first scan!
Im so nervous just because I dont "feel" pregnant, im just feeling so much more normal!

Hi girls :flower:
How are you all feeling ? I had few days without symptoms ( or just nausea in the evening ) and I thought that's it and it's gonna be smooth ride now on :haha:
But my all day nausea is back plus extreme tiredness plus headaches plus boob tenderness :haha::haha::haha:
Also acne got me , my hair is getting greasy two days after washing :shrug:
This pregnancy is exact opposite from my first one .
OH keeps telling me our daughter is kicking my ass :haha:
He is convinced it's a girl ( well he was even before we got pregnant )

Also I think I can feel the baby move :baby::shrug:
I felt my son at 10 weeks also but back than it took me another few weeks to realized it's really him because the feeling was getting stronger and more often each day . And than at 16 weeks I was holding my belly where the movement was and telling oh that I wonder if it's the baby because I have never felt something like that and suddenly I got kicked right in my hand :haha: I took it as yes :haha:
Does any of you have feeling you can feel the baby already ?

Have my first OB appointment next Monday morning :happydance:

Sorry for the long post :blush:

Ok, some advice needed here.. I applied for a job awhile ago at a university just down the street from us, and I didn't get that one, clearly, but I had someone from another department email me today about a temp job through 6/30. My due date is 6/14, and I know it's a no no to tell them I'm pregnant in the interview. But I feel awkward about potentially getting it and then bailing on the last three weeks.. I'd like the job though, it would be nice to earn a bit of extra money before the baby. I just feel like maybe I should mention it in this case? But I'm only 10 weeks, I haven't even told my parents yet..

I wouldn't tell, I also wouldn't take any holiday etc till the end, I would try and work as late as possible so unless something unexpected happens you are only leaving a few weeks early, part of that would be accrued holiday time.

Proudmama- definitely not feeling baby over here. Am only 8 weeks though so I'm not expecting to either.

I have been feeling like complete crud since I woke up this morning and my blood sugar has dropped twice already. :shrug: Also have been extremely tired. I sure hope this all means baby is growing perfectly. :haha:

Also, absolutely nothing sounded good to eat for lunch but I had to eat because of my damn blood sugar. Agh

This is always a very tricky question with no right answers. Of course we all know that it is illegal for an employer to discriminate against you while you're pregnant, but it still is not cut and dry. I guess I would think about what type of position it is and whether you want to maintain good vibes with your employer when you leave. In some positions your advancement depends on how much the employer trusts you, so concealing your pregnancy might not work out for you in the long run unless they're very understanding. You also need to think about whether you want to get some good references from
this employer in the future.

If it's a job you just want for the money and you're not using it as a stepping stone in any way then I wouldn't tell them squat. If you want more from the job I might wait until after you've been offered the position and are negotiating your salary to reveal it. It might be that revealing it would work out in your favor because if they aren't accommodating of pregnancy and family issues it might not be a job you really want anyway.

Good luck! I'm also looking around for jobs but not really trying that hard until after I give birth.

Also I think I can feel the baby move :baby::shrug:
I felt my son at 10 weeks also but back than it took me another few weeks to realized it's really him because the feeling was getting stronger and more often each day . And than at 16 weeks I was holding my belly where the movement was and telling oh that I wonder if it's the baby because I have never felt something like that and suddenly I got kicked right in my hand :haha: I took it as yes :haha:
Does any of you have feeling you can feel the baby already ?

Have my first OB appointment next Monday morning :happydance:

Sorry for the long post :blush:
I have felt the flutters the last couple of days. With my son I felt them at 13 weeks and I know you feel them earlier with each baby so that's what I'm going on.

All good points. I may just tell them ahead of time that I have something scheduled for mid June that I can't get out of, without going into detail, and I wouldn't be able to end on 6/30 as planned, but would need my last day to be like two weeks earlier. That way I'm being honest about my availability without actually telling them. It is just a temp job, so I wouldn't think two weeks difference will matter that much.

I am feeling thankful... I'm 8 weeks pregnant today. Hope he/she is growing well. Just 3 more days for my ultrasound.

I felt my youngest about 13/14 weeks for definite so I'm thinking I should feel this one soonish! Iv head kicks on the Doppler already!

Hi all!!

I'm also pretty sure I can feel baby. Feels like popping, and heard kicks on the Doppler yesterday which was lovely :cloud9:

Lizchase I agree I wouldn't tell them yet, but good luck whatever you decide to do :)

I'm just lying here now and I can feel butterflies, but I don't think I can feel the baby specifically just stuff going on

I can feel something quite low down but I reckon it has to be gas or something as 10 weeks just seems too early! I think I was about 16 weeks last time.

Good luck with upcoming scans - really looking forward to seeing some pics :0)

Hey ladies it's me again! I went to the dr for a follow up from the bleed I had Friday night and got more interesting news. I just wanted to get some opinions since I'm clueless as what to do now.

Here goes: I've told my Dr. from day 1 that I did NOT want any form of genetic testing done unless it could tell us the gender sooner; but I couldn't care less about genetics and chromosomal abnormalities etc. To me, ignorance is bliss and regardless I would never terminate.

I had a follow up with the dr over the scare we had on Friday. Everything is fine in that regards. Baby has a strong heartbeat, legs, arms and looks like a little alien with my cheek bones. :)

I guess the ultrasound tech thought she would do me a solid and take some measurements. The dr did tell me that she is NOT certified in nuchal testing (the abnormalities testing I don't want) but the measurement of the nuchal fold on the babies neck is "thick". Meaning baby could be at risk for Down syndrome or heart defect. The dr did say it could be thick because the gestational age isn't farther along. They normally do these tests 12-14 weeks and I'm just now at 11 weeks. Still too soon for her to be measuring anything especially since she's not certified and has no right to just assume it's ok to look for things that might be an issue without asking if that's what the patient wants ... I digress...

Dilemma: Now he wants me to go to a perinatologist for a higher level ultrasound from someone who is actually certified to do them.. But it's still not a definitive test. So even if something does come back abnormal on the new test I would need a more invasive test to really know if something is seriously wrong. I'd never have an invasive test because any risk of miscarriage IMO is too much of a risk.

BUT NOW! The seed is planted. Do I want to know? Do I not want to know? I really resent the fact that I'm now forced into making a decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->