Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

I can't wait to say goodbye to ms (night sickness for me). I'm so tired of having nausea.

Oh gosh me too! I always throw up my dinner! My OH asks what's on the menu to flush down the toilet. lol

My MS has calmed down loads. It was so severe around week 7-8 I honestly thought I couldn't cope lol

Done with my app
Everything looks good . She tried to find the HB with Doppler and could t find it and I started to panic ( in my head ) but she was nice enough to bring their tiny tiny Scan machine and showed me my precious baby . It was tiny monitor but I could see the baby stretching and moving etc . It was awesome ;)

She did not do any measurement except for the sac which was measuring about 11 w 6 d

Waiting for them to call me to schedule my official scan which should be this weeks ...eeeeek :D

EDITED : also she told me my placenta is anterior that's probably why she didn't hear the HB with doppler . Does any of you have experience with placenta anterior ?

Also I told my mom and my sister . Couldn't get hold of my father .
I still feel kinda strange . Seeing my baby makes me happy but still feeling weird not to hear the HB . I hope they get my scan scheduled this weeks. ( they said it may be next week due to thanksgiving ) .

Great news about your unexpected scan proud mama

Great! I am happy for all the good doc appts/scans. :thumbup:

Good luck to all the ladies who are yet to have scans today.

Vickytoria- I’m so sorry :hugs:

1eighty- happy first birthday to your little guy! I hope it was a wonderful day!

1babydreamer- yay for a great scan and such a cute little panda you have there!

Joeyjo- happy birthday to your little one as well! My daughter also recently turned 2 at the end of October. Its such a fun age.

LegoHouse- June must be a busy month for you! That is such a crazy coincidence that all your babies happen to be born in the same month!

Lizchase- enjoy telling your family over the holidays! The odds are in your favor at this point!

Jenniferannex- I agree with the other ladies and would leave your dd as is:thumbup:

Proudmomma2be- I am thin and last tried my Doppler at 11 weeks to find the heart beat but still cannot find him/her even though I know the baby is healthy and definitely there! Yay for a good app and a sneaky scan to see LO!!!

SweetMel- Good luck with your scan!

Ophelia- I’m glad you figured out the reason for the bleeding episodes. I’m sure it will be torture to wait it out but it is sweet that your hubby is so concerned!

Congrats to all of those in 2nd tri! I was thinking 2nd tri started at 14 weeks???:shrug: I thought I still had a whole week to get through to 2nd tri so I will gladly accept it a week earlier.

I had my NT ultrasound on Friday and everything is looking great! The guys were able to make a quick trip out here to see their baby. The are in awe that they are actually going to be daddies!!! :cloud9:It was amazing to see them finally see their baby in action!

Done with my app
Everything looks good . She tried to find the HB with Doppler and could t find it and I started to panic ( in my head ) but she was nice enough to bring their tiny tiny Scan machine and showed me my precious baby . It was tiny monitor but I could see the baby stretching and moving etc . It was awesome ;)

She did not do any measurement except for the sac which was measuring about 11 w 6 d

Waiting for them to call me to schedule my official scan which should be this weeks ...eeeeek :D

EDITED : also she told me my placenta is anterior that's probably why she didn't hear the HB with doppler . Does any of you have experience with placenta anterior ?

Also I told my mom and my sister . Couldn't get hold of my father .
I still feel kinda strange . Seeing my baby makes me happy but still feeling weird not to hear the HB . I hope they get my scan scheduled this weeks. ( they said it may be next week due to thanksgiving ) .

:wacko:

Proudmama- I had an anterior placenta with Penny and have one this time around too. The placenta can muffle the baby's movements so I'm sure it can affect the doppler too. Most of the time women with anterior placentas won't feel the baby until much later but it depends on what the anterior position is. I felt my daughter at 16 weeks and I sometimes think I feel this one but I've read of lots of women with anterior positions not feeling their babies until +20 weeks:shrug: I think you mentioned you are starting to feel baby already so that shouldn't be an issue for you.

Proudmama- I had an anterior placenta with Penny and have one this time around too. The placenta can muffle the baby's movements so I'm sure it can affect the doppler too. Most of the time women with anterior placentas won't feel the baby until much later but it depends on what the anterior position is. I felt my daughter at 16 weeks and I sometimes think I feel this one but I've read of lots of women with anterior positions not feeling their babies until +20 weeks:shrug: I think you mentioned you are starting to feel baby already so that shouldn't be an issue for you.

Well I thought I was feeling the baby than that didn't happened for over a weeks or so :shrug:
I had plenty of complications with my son and I was hoping this time is going to be different . The doctor is not sure where exactly the placenta is and I should have scan this week ( next week the latest ) .
Did you have any complication ? With the delivery or anything ? And how was your bump ? Was it smaller than with regular placenta ? I have many questions :haha:

Proudmama- no complications and I think my bump was normal. I was petite but always measured normally. Anterior placentas don't cause any medical complication... it just means that your placenta attached to the uterine wall closest to your tummy rather than your back. No need to worry! You may just have muffled fetal movement at times but especially early on.

Had my dating scan! <3
Took 3 attempts of scanning to get this little one to cooperate! and over a hour and half!! Im pushed forward to 13 weeks today :D due 2nd June, 1 day after my son!! lol

Attachments

• 2013-11-25 11.47.30-1.jpg
    2013-11-25 11.47.30-1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 13
It's going to be so exciting as we all enter the second tri and I'm really excited to find out the genders. I just got the results back from the Verifi test and my baby does not have T21, T13 and T18! I was so relieved I almost forgot about the gender. I am most definitely having a BOY!!

ProudMomma, Congrats on the good appointment and I'm so excited for you that you will soon have a scan date! I had an anterior placenta last time and I hated it! I got a doppler around 12 or 13 weeks. I was able to find the heartbeat at around 13 weeks but it was incredibly hard and when I found it it was super faint. I wasn't even sure I had found it. With this baby I don't think my placenta is anterior because I was able to find the hb and hear it very clearly just shy of 10 weeks and probably would have been able to hear it sooner if I had been using the gel! With dd I didn't feel any movement at all until past 20 weeks and even then I had to be really still and feel around for it. The "movement" just felt like little pings and I wasn't even sure if it was her or just gas. I did feel her as I got in the later stages, but I never felt any hard kicks like most moms.

Ophelia, so sorry about the bleeding. I had heard about women having a sensitive cervix so maybe you are one of those. Poor hubby! Hope you are taken off restriction soon!

jenniferannex, I did a dd calculator online and it had me at June 4 initially based on LMP, but my doc's office and every other calculator had me at June 1. I don't even pay attention to the dd that much anymore because I had to be induced two weeks early because of super painful and frequent contractions. I think the dd was correct for her because I wasn't dilated at all even after hours of the weird contractions. I just tell everyone for this one that I'm due in late May/early June.

Jess that is an awesome pic! They are really starting to look like babies now!

It's going to be so exciting as we all enter the second tri and I'm really excited to find out the genders. I just got the results back from the Verifi test and my baby does not have T21, T13 and T18! I was so relieved I almost forgot about the gender. I am most definitely having a BOY!!

ProudMomma, Congrats on the good appointment and I'm so excited for you that you will soon have a scan date! I had an anterior placenta last time and I hated it! I got a doppler around 12 or 13 weeks. I was able to find the heartbeat at around 13 weeks but it was incredibly hard and when I found it it was super faint. I wasn't even sure I had found it. With this baby I don't think my placenta is anterior because I was able to find the hb and hear it very clearly just shy of 10 weeks and probably would have been able to hear it sooner if I had been using the gel! With dd I didn't feel any movement at all until past 20 weeks and even then I had to be really still and feel around for it. The "movement" just felt like little pings and I wasn't even sure if it was her or just gas. I did feel her as I got in the later stages, but I never felt any hard kicks like most moms.

Ophelia, so sorry about the bleeding. I had heard about women having a sensitive cervix so maybe you are one of those. Poor hubby! Hope you are taken off restriction soon!

jenniferannex, I did a dd calculator online and it had me at June 4 initially based on LMP, but my doc's office and every other calculator had me at June 1. I don't even pay attention to the dd that much anymore because I had to be induced two weeks early because of super painful and frequent contractions. I think the dd was correct for her because I wasn't dilated at all even after hours of the weird contractions. I just tell everyone for this one that I'm due in late May/early June.

Thank you , I am glad I can finally relax little bit :happydance:
I really don't like the idea not to feel my baby move as much . :growlmad:
I was just telling OH the other day how I cannot wait to feel all the kicks and turns etc . My son was extremely active and I loved it and very much enjoyed it . That's why I was so excited about second time moms feeling the baby even sooner :shrug:
Oh and congratulations on having a boy :)

Congrats on the scans hoping, jess, and proudmomma (plus anyone else I missed).

Congrats also to everyone in second tri.

Good to know the possible source of the bleeding ophelia. A little break from sex can make it all the better once you can have it again ;)

I will update your due date jess.

And congrats on knowing you're having a boy cali! I will also update you as team blue!

Congrats on the boy! Do you have name ideas yet?

Yes we do and I'm so surprised. We had been fussing back and forth and I was worried it would take us months and months to agree on something like it did with dd.

But dh, to his credit, suggested the name Ethan, which I had never really thought of. I had liked Nathaniel, but I wasn't completely in love with it and I had a hard time coming up with boy names. I started thinking about Ethan more, and it really started to grow on me.

So the baby's name will be Ethan Kyle. I just hate that it was dh's idea since he killed off so many of favorite girl names last time around!

Congrats on the boy! Do you have name ideas yet?

Yes we do and I'm so surprised. We had been fussing back and forth and I was worried it would take us months and months to agree on something like it did with dd.

But dh, to his credit, suggested the name Ethan, which I had never really thought of. I had liked Nathaniel, but I wasn't completely in love with it and I had a hard time coming up with boy names. I started thinking about Ethan more, and it really started to grow on me.

So the baby's name will be Ethan Kyle. I just hate that it was dh's idea since he killed off so many of favorite girl names last time around!

Nice! That's a great name.

The placenta can muffle the baby's movements so I'm sure it can affect the doppler too. Most of the time women with anterior placentas won't feel the baby until much later but it depends on what the anterior position is. I felt my daughter at 16 weeks and I sometimes think I feel this one but I've read of lots of women with anterior positions not feeling their babies until +20 weeks:shrug: I think you mentioned you are starting to feel baby already so that shouldn't be an issue for you.

I had AP with DS, didn't feel him move til 19+w, and i'm sure it was a contributing factor to the back pain i experienced, as there was no placenta padding out the arse end of things near my spine/top of pelvis.

Jess- Congrats on a good scan! We share a due date.:thumbup:

Calidreaming- That is awesome they were able to confirm you are having a boy! I think the name is adorable.

Proudmama- like calidreaming mentioned… I never got really hard kicks either. From 16 weeks on I could feel her moving around daily but it was never the take-your-breath-away kind of movements.

1eighty- I too had constant back pain and I think you are right… it must have been because there was no placenta padding. This time around I have gotten back pain much earlier than with my daughter.

Oh… I forgot to mention that the ultrasound tech guessed we are having a GIRL at the NT scan! I think the idea of two daddies having a little girl is so sweet since girls tend to be daddy’s girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->